Study the Best Interior Architecture Diploma in Malaysia at Top Ranked UCSI University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM interested in interior architecture can consider going for the Diploma in Interior Architecture with 3 credits. If you are still unsure of what to study, then you can go for the Foundation with 5 credits and then enter into the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture at the award-winning UCSI University. In choosing the best interior architecture or interior design diploma course in Malaysia to study, students after SPM or O-Levels should look at the awards won by the university and the students as evidence of their quality.
UCSI University is a top ranked private university in Malaysia offering an affordable and award-wining Interior Architecture degree. The Interior Architecture students at UCSI University has won numerous awards throughout the years making them one of the best universities to study this course.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Choose to Study the Diploma in Interior Architecture at UCSI University
Interior Architecture explores the link between the interior and architecture where interior spaces are inhabited and experienced
as works of art that are rich in spatial investigations and interventions.
The programme embarks on a revitalisation and enrichment journey through the development of design, conceptual creativity, theory and philosophy of spaces to create exciting and practical environments in which people live, work and play.
The Diploma in Interior Architecture course offered by the School of Architecture and Built Environment at UCSI University is a 3-year full time diploma programme in the discipline and professional practice of Interior Architecture.
The course emphasises on delivering professional standard knowledge impartment, the understanding and skills in resolving and communicating design, technical and constructional drawing, practical and technological skills in its application to Interior Architecture projects.
The Department of Interior Architecture at the School of Architecture and Built Environment at UCSI University beliefs in Interior Architecture as a holistic and multi-disciplinary design education domain which deals with a broad range of places and spaces used not only to make a personal statement in the design of an interior but also to promote a shared understanding of the social and architectural conventions as a common language in the realm of the built environment.
The Diploma in Interior Architecture program at UCSI University also emphasises on the latest industry input for each graduate.
Students are required to undergo Industry Experience programme under Co-operative Placement Scheme with a minimum duration of 12 weeks, to learn and familiarize themselves with the working environment of the building and construction industry.
Upon successfully completion of the Diploma programme, students will gain direct entry into Year 2 (semester 3) of B.A. (Hons.) in Interior Architecture at UCSI University.
Entry Requirements into the Diploma in Interior Architecture at UCSI University
|Qualifications||Academic Requirements||Admission Level|
|Pass with minimum 3 (‘C’ grade for O-Level) Credits||Direct into Year 1
English requirements apply
Art requirement applies*
|SKM / SKK||Pass SKM/SKK level 3 in related field AND *Pass SPM with min 1 credit|
(Level 3, MQF)
|1. Pass Community College Certificate (Level 3 MQF) in the related field AND *Pass SPM with min 1 subject
2. Pass Community College Certificate (Level 3 MQF) with 2.0 CGPA in the related field
|Pass with minimum grade ‘B’ for 3 credits|
|STPM||Pass with minimum ‘C’ grade (2.0 CGPA) for 1 subject|
|STAM||Pass with (Magbul grade)|
|A-Level||Minimum 1 Principal|
|SAM/ CPU||SAM – Minimum average of 50% in 5 subjects
CPU – Minimum average of 50% in 6 subjects
|11 years Foreign Education
[MQA Recognition applies]
|Minimum average of 50%|
|Any other equivalent qualifications||Pass in drawing/engineering drawing at SPM or equivalent
Pass Portfolio test for those who failed or never take the drawing paper at SPM or equivalent
Subjects for the Diploma in Interior Architecture at UCSI University
to choose max 2 courses to make up 4 credits to graduate
UCSI University produces Award Winners in Interior Architecture in Malaysia
- Gee Sze Yong, 19, Ting Ying San, 21 and Lim Chuun Kiat, 19 who are pursuing the Diploma in Architecture Studies and Interior Architecture programme at UCSI University win in the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) furniture design competition 2014
- UCSI University recently swept 13 prizes at the 17th MIID Interior Design Competition 2013. Themed, ‘Re-invent’, the national competition saw UCSI students bag first and second place in Residential Design and Commercial Design; first place in Hospitality Design, Installation Design and Performance; and another six awards in other categories such as furniture design, photography, and sketching, among others.
- UCSI University architecture students win 7 awards in the 25th Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia (PAM) Architectural Students Workshop 2013
- 13 prizes at the 17th MIID Interior Design Competition organised by Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) or Pertubuhan Perekabentuk Dalaman Malaysia (PPDM)
- Simon Chong Sin Man, Interior Architecture degree student from UCSI University, was 1 out of 3 students who emerged as winners of the Dulux Emerging Talent Awards (DETA) 2012. Specially brought to the Interior Design students by AkzoNobel, DETA 2012 aims to unearth and nurture emerging talent while also grooming these young designers to become sustainability-conscious leaders of the future
- UCSI University Interior Architecture student, Ng Ann Kee, won Students’ Choice Award in the 2010 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Interior Design Category
Job Prospects for Interior Architecture Graduates in Malaysia
Interior Architecture Degree Graduates in Malaysia will be able to gain professional working experience in:
- Interior Design & Architectural Firm
- Developer Firm
- Film and Television Organisation
- Construction Firm
Interior Architecture Degree Graduates in Malaysia may also venture into other fields of expertise, such as:
- Interior Architect/Designer/Consultant
- Project Manager
- Environmental & Theme Park Design
- Residential Design
- Hospitality & Healthcare Design
- Technical Assistant / Draftsperson
- Site Supervisor
- Lighting & Furniture Design
- Retail & Commercial Design
- Stage, Set & Exhibit Design
Opportunities also exist for Interior Architecture Degree Graduates in Malaysia in support areas including:
- Building Product Marketing & Promotion
- Building Industry Resource-Supplier
- Facilities Management & Development
- 3-D Visualiser