Top Cambridge International Examination (CIE) A-Levels in Malaysia at Taylor’s College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Taylor’s College has been a centre of excellence for Pre-University Studies in Malaysia; renowned for its academic excellence and unbeatable track record, Taylor’s College has placed its students in top universities of their choice around the world. Taylor’s College is the top college in Malaysia for the A-Levels course. Taylor’s College offers the largest and most extensive CAL programme, helping students graduate with the best results in Malaysia. Taylor’s College curriculum and track records in academic excellence has resulted in the successful placement of their A-Level students into top universities of their choice. Taylor’s College has placed 5,077 students in 349 universities worldwide (2010 – 2015).
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Exceptional CIE A-Levels at Taylor’s College Lakeside Campus
The Cambridge A Level (CAL) programme is the gold standard qualification awarded by the prestigious Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
The Cambridge Advanced Level or A Level programme is pre-university programme conducted by the prestigious University of Cambridge International Examinations, United Kingdom.
The Cambridge A Level programme is the gateway to the most prestigious universities worldwide, and with 46 years of academic experience, Taylor’s College has established itself as the Best Pre-University in Malaysia.
Why Study Pre-University at Taylor’s College Malaysia
- The only college with all campuses awarded 6-star (highest rating) by MOE consistently since 2012.
- Out of 143 colleges and universities in the world which participated in the iGraduate 2013 survey on student learning experience, Taylor’s College emerged No. 1 in Malaysia.
- Every year, over 1,000 students are placed in the top 200 universities of the world.
- 3 out of 4 ‘top in the world’ South Australian Matriculation/SACE International achievers in 2013 were from Taylor’s College.
- 74% of the Malaysian students who were awarded Top in the World Cambridge Learner Awards 2013 were Taylor’s College students.
(Top in the World Cambridge Learner Awards is a recognition by Cambridge International Examination (CIE) for students who have achieved outstanding academic achievements)
Taylor’s College is a Top Private College in Malaysia for Pre-University Programmes
- Best in Malaysia Brand Excellence Award Awarded with the ‘Brand Excellence Award’ in 2008 by the Ministry of International Trade & Industry Malaysia (MITI).
- Students’ Choice Awards Voted and awarded with Doctorjob’s ‘Most Popular Private College/University in Malaysia’ in 2008 and 2009 by gtimedia.
- Awarded with the highest rating of ‘Tier 6:Outstanding’ in:
- – Quality of overall education
- – Quality of general programmes (pre-university)
- – Quality of support for international students
- Out of more than 400 private colleges in Malaysia, Taylor’s College is the ONLY college awarded the 6-star (outstanding) rating by the Ministry of Education Malaysia in the 2012/2013 MyQUEST evaluation for the overall quality of learning.
- 15 Out of 211 colleges and universities in the world which participated in the i-graduate 2014 survey, Taylor’s College emerged No.1 in Malaysia.
- 1) Student Learning Experience
- 2) Student Living Experience
- 3) Student Support
Why Study the Cambridge A-Levels at Taylor’s College in Malaysia?
Taylor’s College offers the largest and most extensive CAL programme, helping students graduate with the best results in Malaysia. Taylor’s College curriculum and track records in academic excellence has resulted in the successful placement of their A-Level students into top universities of their choice. Taylor’s College has placed 5,077 students in 349 universities worldwide (2010 – 2015).
- In 2004, Taylor’s College was the first to be awarded the prestigious International Fellowship Centre Status in Malaysia by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
- Taylor’s College is recognised internationally as the largest and most successful centre in Malaysia for Cambridge A Levels.
- THE BEST RESULTS IN MALAYSIA with 2,094 students scoring 3As or more from 2012-2015
- A Record total of 8,807 As achieved in Malaysia from 2012-2015
- Outstanding Cambridge Learner Awards (2012-2015) with 107 Awards “Top in the World” and 36 Awards “Top in Malaysia”.
Start Right with Diverse Learning Skills
The Taylor’s College Cambridge A Levels programme helps students to identify and discover the different learning skills to succeed academically and beyond. These critical skills are known as IsCoRe which is a combination of differentiated learning approaches for students to excel in their studies and achieve their university and career goals.
INDEPENDENT LEARNING SKILLS
- Mould students into responsible and confident individuals; active at acquiring knowledge and ideas to achieve their goals.
COLLABORATIVE LEARNING SKILLS
- Encourages students to master peer-to-peer interaction and leverage on individual strengths to acquire sound knowledge.
- Equips students with technique to acquire higher order thinking skills and broaden their academic perspective.
Cambridge A Levels intakes at Taylor’s College
Cambridge A-Level Subjects Offered at Taylor’s College
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Further Mathematics
- Global Perspective & Independent Research (GPR)
- Literature in English
Subject Overview for the Cambridge A-Levels (CAL) programme at Taylor’s College
The Cambridge A Levels (CAL) programme at Taylor’s is the ‘gold standard’ qualification conducted by the prestigious Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). The offered help develop a deep understanding of subjects and critical thinking skills. As the largest and most successful independent centre for the Cambridge A Levels programme in the world, Taylor’s College is the best college for A-Levels in Malaysia and has successfully prepared students for university education, opening doors to the top universities in the world.
A-Levels Subjects at Taylor’s College
The syllabus enables learners to apply their accounting knowledge and understanding in order to analyse and present information, give reasoned explanations, and make judgements and recommendations. The syllabus covers topics such as the recording of financial information, accounting principles and control systems, and the preparation of final accounts for a variety of different organisations and businesses. Learners find out about raising capital by shares and loans, ratio analysis and cost accounting, and also study the preparation of cash flow statements, cash flow analysis, and standard costing and investment appraisal, among many other topics.
The syllabus covers a combination of theoretical and practical studies leading to an understanding of the biological molecules, cells, how organisms exchange substances with their environment and genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms. In the advanced subsidiary level the syllabus covers about the energy transfers in and between organisms, how organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environment, genetics, populations, evolution, ecosystems and the control of gene expression.
The syllabus enables learners to understand and appreciate the nature and scope of business, and the role it plays in society. The syllabus covers economic, environmental, ethical, governmental, legal, social and technological issues, and encourages a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value. Learners examine the management of organisations and, in particular, the process of decision-making in a dynamic external environment.
The subject provides a thorough understanding of key concepts, an in-depth knowledge of chemistry’s most important themes and strong practical skills. Among other topics, the syllabus covers atoms and forces, experiments and evidence (evidence gained from observations and experiments to build models and theories), patterns in chemical behaviour and reactions, chemical bonds and energy changes.
The aim of the syllabus is to encourage learners to develop an understanding of the fundamental principles of computer science and how computer programs work in a range of contexts. Learners will study topics including information representation, communication and Internet technologies, hardware, software development, and relational database modelling. As they progress, learners will develop their computational thinking and use problem solving to develop computer-based solutions using algorithms and programming languages besides developing a range of skills such as thinking creatively, analytically, logically and critically.
*Only available at Taylor’s College Subang Jaya
The syllabus covers a range of basic economic ideas, including an introduction to the price system and government intervention, international trade and exchange rates, the measurement of employment and inflation, and the causes and consequences of inflation. Learners also study the price system, the theory of the firm, market failure, macroeconomic theory and policy, and economic growth and development. Ability to explain, evaluate and analyse economic issues and arguments are developed in learners as they progress.
The syllabus is designed to broaden and deepen the mathematical knowledge and skills and provides a stimulating experience for those who enjoy the subject. This subject must be studied alongside Mathematics. The content of the syllabus covers the areas of Pure Mathematics, Mechanics and Statistics.
The syllabus provides sound knowledge and understanding of the role of law and its institutions in an ever-changing society. The syllabus develops a critical awareness of legal concepts and structures of the changing nature of law in society and of proposals for reform. Learners gain lifelong skills, including knowledge and understanding of the English legal system, Contract Law and Tort Law, the ability to analyse realistic scenarios, and greater command of language to express interpretation, reasoning, comment and judgement.
Literature in English
The syllabus encourages learners to appreciate and respond to literature in English through reading and critical analysis of texts on the three main forms: prose, poetry and drama. Set texts are offered from a wide range of different periods and cultures. Learners will develop skills of writing creatively and persuasively, using appropriate styles, and in researching and managing information.
The subject provides students with a solid grounding in the mathematical tools and techniques often needed in the workplace. The logical and reasoning skills developed by studying this subject make sure the qualification is widely respected even in non-mathematical arenas. The syllabus is divided into two approximately equal halves with learners taking two papers at the Advanced Subsidiary level and four papers at the advanced level. The topic covers Pure Mathematics, Mechanics (for science students) and Probability and Statistics.
The syllabus provides well-designed studies of experimental and practical science enabling learners to acquire sufficient understanding and knowledge such as accuracy and precision, inventiveness, environmental impact of physics and its applications. Among other topics, the syllabus covers kinematics, dynamics, deformation of solids, particle & nuclear physics, quantum physics, magnetic fields, electromagnetic induction.
The syllabus reflects five core areas of psychology, namely cognitive, social, physiological, developmental, and the psychology of individual differences; it also relates psychology to education, health, organisations, the environment and abnormality. As part of their studies, learners review important research; this provides an insight into the ways in which psychology has been applied, thereby leading to a better understanding of key themes and issues. Learners develop skills of analysis, interpretation, application and evaluation among others, understanding of individual, social and cultural diversity, and ethical issues including moral and ethical implications.
The subject offers learners the opportunity to explore the processes that are shaping current trends, and develop an understanding of the complexity and diversity of human societies and their continuities with the past. The study of sociology stimulates awareness of contemporary social, cultural and political issues, and focuses on the importance of examining these issues in a rigorous, reasoned and analytical way. AS Level provides solid grounding in the central ideas and approaches in Sociology including family as well as theory and methods; whereas, a variety of important areas of sociological enquiry such as global development, education, religion and media are explored at A Level.
*Only available at Taylor’s College Subang Jaya
Taylor’s College Students have joined Top Universities In the World
Students who complete their Cambridge A Levels receive international recognition from the Top Universities worldwide including those from the UK, North America, Australia and the European Union.
Taylor’s College’s University Placement Services is located within the campus to assist graduates to be placed in a university of their choice. In the past 11 years, Taylor’s College has successfully placed more than 7,000 graduates in universities globally including London School of Economics, The University of Cambridge, The Australian National University, University of Melbourne, Harvard University, Oxford University, University of Toronto, and many more.
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Australia
- Bond University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- RMIT University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Newcastle
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- University of South Australia
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Western Sydney
- University of Wollongong
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Canada
- Carleton University
- Dalhousie University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Queen’s University
- Simon Fraser University
- Trent University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Guelph
- University of Manitoba
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Ottawa
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Toronto
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- York University
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Hong Kong
- City University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Russia
- Kursk State Medical University
- Moscow Medical Academy
- Moscow State Medical University
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Singapore
- James Cook University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Management
- Singapore Management University
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in the United Kingdom
- Aberystwyth University
- Aston University
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
- City University London
- Coventry University
- De Montfort University
- Durham University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- King’s College London
- Kingston University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- London School of Business & Finance
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Loughborough University
- Middlesex University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Plymouth University
- Queen Mary University Of London
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Veterinary College
- Southampton Solent University
- Teeside University
- The School of Oriental and African Studies University of London
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Brighton
- University of Bristol
- University of Buckingham
- University of Cambridge
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of East London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Lancaster
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Newcastle
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Roehampton
- University of Sheffield
- University of South Wales
- University of Southampton
- University of St. Andrews
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sunderland
- University of Surrey
- University of the Arts London
- University of Warwick
- University of West of England
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of York
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in the USA
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Connecticut College
- Cornell University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Marywood University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Mount Holyoke College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Northeastern University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Sarah Lawrence College
- Stanford University
- Texas A & M University
- University California Santa Cruz
- University of Arizona
- University of Arkansas
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
- University of Oregon
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Tulsa
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- Yale University