SPM Students who have a Fail in Bahasa Melayu (BM) or History Subjects Should Sign Up to Retake the Exam
SPM students who have just received their results and find out that you have failed either BM or Sejarah or both, should not give up and try again to retake the exam to get a Pass or Credit. A fail in either BM or Sejarah means that you have failed the whole examination and will not be able to continue your studies at a university.
In order to study a Diploma course, you will need at least 3 C’s and pass in BM and Sejarah or Pre-U/Foundation will require 5 Cs with passes in BM and Sejarah. Therefore, if you have enough credits to study either Diploma or Pre-U but failed in BM or Sejarah, you should sign up for the SPM Ulangan examination which will be held a few months later.
The deadline to sign up is 2-3 weeks after you get your SPM results so you should not wait around and delay. Below are the steps to sign up for the SPM U. Please contact your school teacher or the Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah (PPD) to make your enquiries. Don’t contact us as we do not provide advise on how to sign up.
You may also be interested in:
- Entry Requirements for Foundation, Diploma & Degree Courses in Malaysia
- What to Study in Malaysia with 1 or No Credit in SPM, IGCSE O-Levels or UEC?
- What to Study with SPM/O-Levels 3 Credits or UEC 3 B’s?
- What is the Best Course to study after SPM / IGCSE O-Levels in Malaysia?
- Top 40 Courses You Should Choose to Study After SPM that has Future High Job Demand & Salary
- After SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels: Top 10 Tips on How to Make the Right Choice for Your Studies
- Choosing the Right Course After SPM or O-Levels Increases Your Chances of Getting a Good Job & Salary in Malaysia
- Explore Your Study Choices After SPM
How to Sign up for SPM Ulangan (SPMU)?
Signing Up to Resit the SPM Subjects
First, go to the Lembaga Peperiksaan Malaysia (LPM) website to register. Students need to fill up the form with your IC number, the year of your exam and your exam number. The details must be accurate before you click next.
Check your information carefully before you click “Send”. There will be a box below the page that you will need to check after verifying the information.
When you have completed the online submission, you will need to print out:
- Senarai Semak Pendaftaran
- Registration summary statement (Kenyataan Semakan)
What are the SPM Subjects that Students can Retake?
Students may only sign up for 3 subjects to retake for SPM U which are BM, Sejarah and Mathematics.
If you want to sign up for the other subjects, you will need to sit for the exam as a private candidate together with the next SPM batch for the exam the next year. You will need to self-study and take another year to prepare and sit for the exam and wait for the results.
Students who have at least 1 credit and pass BM and Sejarah may go for the Certificate course at a private university for 1 year and 4 months. After completing the certificate course, you can continue on to the relevant Diploma programme.
Below are the list of subjects that students can sign up to retake in the SPM U:
Below are the subjects that you can sign up to retake as a private candidate:
How Much Does it Cost to Sign Up?
Payment is made through electronic banking during the signing up process. The total amount of fees will be displayed once you’ve selected the subjects.
What are the Documents Needed?
After filling up the online application and payment, you will need to print and send the documents to the Jabatan Pendidikan Negeri (JPN) place where you have chosen to take the exam. The JPN address can be found at the Lembaga Peperiksaan (http://lp.moe.gov.my) portal. Failure to send the documents as required will result in the candidate not receiving valuable information regarding the examination.
Below are the documents needed:
- A copy of your Kenyataan Semakan
- A copy of a your payment receipt (electronic banking receipt)
- 4 Prepaid Pos Laju or Express Post envelopes in A5 size addressed to yourself (you can buy them at Pos Laju)
Important Deadlines for SPM Ulangan
Students should check the MOE website for the dealine to sign up to resit the exam. The deadline closes a few weeks (2 to 3 weeks) after the SPM results are released. Applications past the deadline will not be entertained.
Steps to Sign up for the SPM Ulangan
- Go to the sppat.moe.gov.my website and then click on “Sistem pendaftaran peperiksaan untuk Calon Persendirian (SPM Ulangan)”.
- Then click “Daftar” to register as a candidate and enter your IC number, year of the exam and your exam number (angka giliran peperiksaan). These details can be found in your SPM results slip.
- Check that you have filled up the information correctly and then click to fill up your personal information.
- Click next to choose the subjects that you want to register.
- The total amount payable will be displayed after you have chosen the subjects.
- Click next and choose the exam centre (pusat peperiksaan) that you prefer. The exam centre will follow the state and district. Seats are also limited by a quota.
- Finally, check your information again and submit your registration. Make the online payment.