Best Foundation in Business & Finance at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University (APU)’s 12-month Foundation in Business & Finance Programme is designed to prepare those with SPM, ‘O’ Levels or similar qualifications with the knowledge and skills to progress into the first year of a degree of their choice. The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance or Actuarial Studies.
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) is acknowledged to be one of Malaysia’s best private University of higher learning for technology. Since its inception in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), the University has produced more than 16,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development.
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting a top notch education in Foundation in Business & Management should go for the award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the Best University in Malaysia for Foundation in Business & Management at Asia Pacific University (APU), students can continue on to the various Business, Accounting & Finance degree programmes. Students interested to register at APU may go to this link.
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Find Out the Details for the Foundation in Business & Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means APU knows what students need to do well in a degree. APU have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of their wide range of degrees you choose.
And APU goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation. Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
What you will study the Foundation in Business & Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Upon completing your study in the Foundation in Business & Finance programme at Asia Pacific University (APU), you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of degree study
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate an awareness of the concepts which underpin the study of Accounting, Banking, Finance, Actuarial Studies, Business & Management, Computing & Technology, Engineering, Design Innovation & Brand Management, Animation and Visual Effects
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
Work effectively in a team
- Demonstrate English and other study skills appropriate to undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Explain the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
Subjects for the Foundation in Business & Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Actuarial Studies, Media, Information Technology or Engineering. The modules are:
Semester 1 (12 weeks)
Note: This is a common Semester 1 across all pathways
- English for Academic Purpose
- Communication Skills
- Personal Development & Study Methods
- Essentials of Web Applications
Semester 2 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Business
- Fundamental of Finance
- Global Business Trends
- Public Speaking in English
Semester 3 (12 weeks)
- Academic Research Skills
- Principles of Accounts
- Economics for Business
- Perspectives in Technology / Further Mathematics**
** Compulsory for Student who choose to progress to Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Actuarial Studies.
A credit pass in Mathemetics at SPM/O-Levels is required for some programmes for entry to Degree after Computing & Technology Pathway. For detailed entry requirements for Degree programmes, please WhatsApp 01111408838.
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Business & Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
*A credit pass in Mathematics at SPM/O-Levels is required for some programmes for entry to Degree after Business & Finance Pathway.
Degree Pathways after the Foundation in Business & Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Upon completion of the Foundation in Business & Finance at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning Accounting, Business & Finance programmes. .
Accounting & Finance Degree Programmes
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in:
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in:
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking and Finance (Hons)
- BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies
Business & Management Degree Programmes
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management with a specialism in Digital Marketing
About Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
APU – Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
(*Student Barometer Wave 2015, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’)
Nurturing Professional for Global Careers – The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at international and international levels.
For a full list of Asia Pacific University (APU) awards & achievements, please go to this link.