Best Private University in Malaysia for Foundation in Design at Top Ranked Taylor’s University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The 1-year Top Rated Foundation in Design programme at Taylor’s University provides students a solid education in design fundamentals. The Foundation in Design at Taylor’s University emphasises learning by doing, learning takes place beyond the classroom via design trips, industry interaction and site visits, competitions, and other activities.
Taylor’s University is ranked Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design. Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the Foundation in Design programme.
Students with 3 credits may go for the Diploma courses while students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Design for 1 year before continuing on to the degree programmes:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Animation & Visual Effects)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Entertainment Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (New Media)
- Bachelor in Fashion Design Technology (Hons)
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Foundation in Design Programme at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
Taylor’s University Foundation in Design programme is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a future in various specialisations of art and design such as interior design, graphic design, multimedia design and even interior architecture.
Emphasising learning by doing, learning takes place beyond the classroom via design trips, industry interaction and site visits, competitions, and other activities.
The 1-year Foundation in Design at Taylor’s University has intakes in January, March and July of each year.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Pass with min. 5 credits with a pass in Bahasa Melayu and History
Pass with min. 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
Pass with min. 3Bs
Students without a Pass in SPM or equivalent Art subject must Pass the Visual Aptitude Test (VAT) or Drawing Test or have a design portfolio review.
*All information is subject to change. The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Readers are responsible to verify the information by contacting the university’s Admissions Department.
Programme Structure for the Foundation in Design at Taylor’s University
The programme involved the investigation of several key spheres of design study and practice, such as design process, observation, developing visual narratives, problem-solving skills and critical and creative thinking skills.
- Fundamental Drawing
- Two-Dimensional Design Studies
- Creative Thinking Skills
- English I
- 3Dimensional Design (Sculpture)
- English II
- Contextual Studies
- Elective I
- Elective II
Semester 2 (Electives I/II)
- Public Speaking Skills
- Introduction to Photography
- Introduction to Spatial Design
- Figure Drawing
The Best Design Facilities at Taylor’s University
Facilitating Design Thinking
Award-Winning Design School at Taylor’s University
- Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design
- Wood Pencil Winners (New Blood Category), D&AD Awards, London 2015
- Bronze Winners, Kancil Student Awards 2014
- 2 First Prizes – Ancient Herbs Branding Competition
- 1st Prize – Young Talent Category Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) Furniture Design Competition
- Gus Yap Hock Sin, B.A. (Hons) Interior Architecture was one of two students chosen to represent Malaysia at the iSaloni International Furniture Exhibition in Milan, Italy
- 1st Prize – Hyundai Rev-It-Up Challenge Take 2 TV Commercial Competition
- 3rd Prize – Ideation Award, Malaysia
- Institution of SPADE Awards 2012
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards as well as a Honorary Mention – Corporate Category
- 1 Gold Award – Exhibition & Retail Category
- 1 Silver Award – Commercial Category
- Interior Design Confederation of Singapore (IDCS) SPADE Awards
- Shortlisted as top 10 Best Video at BMW Shorties
- 1st Prize – Residential Design
- 2nd Prize – Institutional Design
- 3rd Prize – Montage Design
- MSID 5Belas Interior Design Competition
- Best Use of Character Award Kuala Lumpur 48 Hour Film Project: The No Idea Production team won with their short film ‘Escape’
- IDCS SPADE Best Design Award 2011
- 3 Golds – Design Project Concept, Spatial Design & Planning and Creative Lighting Application
- 4 Silvers – Design Project Concept, Creative Material Application, Spatial Design & Planning, and Creative Lighting Application
- 1 Bronze – Spatial Design & Planning
- Honorary Mention – Creative Material Application
- Awards in 4 out of 5 categories at the Interior Design Confederation of Singapore (IDCS) SPADE Awards
- Overall winner and 4 Awards MSID 4Belas Interior Design Competition
Industry Exposure for Design Students at Taylor’s University
Students engage in strategic collaborations with industry leaders to effectively understand, analyse, communicate and present creative and complex design solutions that address and solve real-world challenges faced by organisations.
This provides them with first-hand insight and exposure to the industry. Over the years, students have worked on several projects with various organisations including:
- Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia
- IKEA Malaysia
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- Hyundai Sime Darby Malaysia
- Rip Curl Malaysia
- Roar Studio Sdn. Bhd
- Bank Negara Art Gallery & Museum
Organised throughout the academic year, the Lecture Series provides students with valuable exposure to the industry, insights into current developments and issues that may impact their future practices. These interactive sessions are conducted by leading industry professionals:
- Exploring the International Centre of Photography Triennial
Curator, International Center of Photography
- Production Pipeline of Movie Studios
Education Director, Rhythm & Hues Studios
- Sustainability, Innovation and Nanotechnology
Interior Designer, Nanocore
- The Project of Culture and Lifestyle
Arnold, Arthur and Hugh
Owners, Pestle & Mortar
- Graphic Design in Malaysia
President, Graphic Designers Association of Malaysia (wREGA)
- Graphic Design, Pop Culture and Everything in Between
Project Coordinator, CUTOUT Mag
- Copyright Law
Tai Foong Lam
President, Malaysian Chapter of the International Association for Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Drawing as Cultural Expression
- Dr. Vaughan Rees
- Senior Lecturer, School of Design, University of New South Wales, Australia
Taylor’s Design students have undergone industrial attachments with top local and multinational organisations in the creative industry, including:
- Arachnid Sdn. Bhd.
- Axis Identity Group
- BBDO (Malaysia)
- CD Advertising Sdn. Bhd.
- DB & B Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Design Tone Sdn. Bhd.
- Dumore Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Film Point Sdn. Bhd.
- IKEA Malaysia
- La Scheers Co. Concept & Design
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- Milk Design KL
- MYC! (Salient Information Sdn. Bhd.)
- Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia
- S.I. Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Veritas Interiors Sdn. Bhd.