First Rate Foundation in Engineering at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The top rated Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU) will lead you to their outstanding engineering degree programmes that are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). APU’s 12-month Foundation Programme is designed to prepare those with SPM, ‘O’ Levels or similar qualifications with the knowledge and skills to progress into the first year of a degree of their choice.
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) is acknowledged to be one of Malaysia’s best private University of higher learning for technology. Since its inception in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), the University has produced more than 16,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development.
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Foundation in Engineering in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University APU) Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on to the 4-year Engineering degree courses. Top ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) offers engineering courses that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and MQA.
Teaching & Learning
The engineering programmes offered by the School of Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU) are current in terms of technology and are market driven, thus having great employment opportunities.
They provide an education based on a theoretical, experimental and ethical foundation enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships and interdisciplinary programme. Students interested to register at APU may go to this link.
APU Flexible Foundation Programmes
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means APU knows what students need to do well in a degree. APU have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of their wide range of degrees you choose.
And APU goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation.
Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
What you will study the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of degree study
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate an awareness of the concepts which underpin the study of Accounting, Banking, Finance, Actuarial Studies, Business & Management, Computing & Technology, Engineering, Design Innovation & Brand Management, Animation and Visual Effects
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Demonstrate English and other study skills appropriate to undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Explain the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
Subjects for the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Actuarial Studies, Media, Information Technology or Engineering. The modules are:
Semester 1 (12 weeks)
- Communication Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Personal Development & Study Methods
- Essential of Web Applications
Semester 2 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming
- Engineering Mathematics
- Public Speaking in English
Semester 3 (12 weeks)
- Academic Research Skills
- Mechanical Science
- Engineering Science or Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level incuding a credit in Mathematics and Physics OR Chemistry and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE including a credit in Mathematics and Physics OR Chemistry; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Engineering Degree Pathways after the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Upon completion of the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the 4-year engineering degree courses. The engineering degree programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU) are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- B.Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Computer Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering
THE AIMS OF THE APU ENGINEERING PROGRAMMES ARE TO OFFER:
- A broad education in the fundamentals of engineering principles and professional practices that form a strong flexible base which enables graduates to fill a variety of responsible engineering positions.
- Specialised development in one area of concentration that will enable graduates to successfully perform at entry-level engineering positions.
- Some graduates will prefer and be capable of continuing their education in a graduate school.
- A stimulating and accessible course of study necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and social context, analysis and contemporary engineering issues which the students can develop and apply in their near future.
- An opportunity for students with different abilities and different educational experiences to benefit intellectually and vocationally from their education in engineering courses.
- Graduates who are able to demonstrate intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence in all areas of endeavour.
- An intellectually demanding and stimulating programme of study and develop a life-long commitment to learning that develops graduates who are imaginative and innovative and who show initiative and creativity in their work.
- APU Engineering Degrees are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Asia Pacific University (APU) Engineering Degree Accredited by Board of Engineers Accredited (BEM)
The Engineering Degrees of these universities are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) which is a signatory to the Washington Accord. This accreditation ensures that Engineering Graduates will have the following benefits in countries who are signatories of the Washington Accord:
- Opportunities to register as a Graduate Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) or the relevant professional bodies in other countries who are signatories under the Washington Accord.
- Pathways to becoming a Professional or Chartered Engineer.
- Assurance that graduates are considered as having met international academic standards for engineering practice.
APU Engineering Degrees are Accredited Professionally by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and are therefore recognized internationally under the Washington Accord. Recognition under the Washington Accord allows for APU engineering programmes to be recognized by countries such as Australia, Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, India, Turkey, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States who are all signatories of the accord.
This allows APU graduates to be recognised in these countries for career opportunities towards achieving Professional/Chartered Engineer status or for further education progression.
Furthermore, many countries which are not yet signatories to the Washington Accord also use this as a benchmark in recognizing Engineering Degrees.
With this achievement, recognition under the Washington Accord enables APU Engineering graduates to work in any country in the world who are also a signatory to the Accord, without the need to re-qualify.
If they choose to work in Malaysia, APU graduates will have the opportunity to register as Graduate Engineers with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), if they choose to work overseas in Washington Accord signatory countries; they can also register as Graduate Engineers.
The recognition is of utmost importance to the engineering education in Malaysia as graduates from accredited engineering degree programmes from Washington Accord signatory countries are considered as meeting the academic standard for practices in engineering at the international level.
School of Engineering
The School of Engineering at APU is one of our fastest growing schools and is gaining popularity among school leavers. This is because all the five engineering programmes offered by the School are current in terms of technology and are market driven, and thus have great employment opportunities.
The vision of the School is to be a leading provider of Engineering and Technology based education with innovative approaches to enhancing lifelong career opportunities. This is emphasised by our mission to provide engineering education based on a theoretical, experimental, and ethical foundation and enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships and interdisciplinary study.
About Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
APU – Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
(*Student Barometer Wave 2015, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’)
Nurturing Professional for Global Careers – The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at international and international levels.
For a full list of Asia Pacific University (APU) awards & achievements, please go to this link.
Soaring Upwards – APU awarded 5-STAR Excellent Rating at SETARA 2017
Asia Pacific University (APU) was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated at 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the SETARA 2017 Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). APU has maintained this Excellent Rating in the SETARA 2011, 2013 and now in 2017. SETARA 2017 5-Star Rating was presented by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia, YB Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh.
5-STARS for APU at QS Stars Rating 2017
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
QS Stars is a international rating system which allows students to better understand an institution’s qualities, looking at everything from the employability of graduates, to sports facilities and community engagement.
APU is an “Premier Digital Tech University” – MDEC
APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally. Premier Digital Tech University status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia, YB Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh.
Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993 and Asia Pacific University College of Technology & Innovation (UCTI) in 2004, APU’s sound approach to nurturing school leavers into qualified professionals has resulted in our graduates being highly sought after by employers.
Asia Pacific University (APU) has a Truly International Community – 11,000 Students from over 110 Countries
With an international student community of more than 11,000 students from more than 110 countries studying in its Malaysian campus, APU offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead. APU offers a wide range of degrees with Technology as a common core. It is APU’s aim to nurture and encourage innovation through our programmes, with the intention of producing individuals who will learn, adapt and think differently in new and better ways.
Strategic Location of Asia Pacific University’s campus in Kuala Lumpur
The university is strategically located in Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil. It is near condos and the Bukit Jalil LRT station. A free shuttle bus is provided for students to the LRT station and their accommodation.
Asia Pacific University (APU) has moved to a new campus which is also located at the safe Technology Park Malaysia. Technology Park Malaysia at Bukit Jalil is the ideal location for this new and contemporary Campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas such as Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Microelectronics, Engineering and Broadcasting.
TPM is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation.
The central atrium space of APU’s new campus forms the hub to the building with large communal spaces, multipurpose hall and various other facilities like the large library, computer & engineering labs, lounges and syndicate rooms. Students will enjoy a lifestyle experience through the sports and recreation facilities such as a fitness center as well as basement car parks on campus, among many other exciting facilities.