Multimedia University (MMU), an Award-Winning Engineering University Ranked Top in Malaysia & in the World, Offers First Rate Foundation in Engineering
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
If you have your heart set on making engineering your career, MMU is the university for you. Listed in the Top 200 QS World University Rankings in Electrical and Electronic Engineering for three consecutive years in 2015, 2016 and 2017, Multimedia University (MMU) offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as an engineer of the future in Malaysia and globally. Multimedia University (MMU) is the best university in Malaysia for students to pursue Electrical & Electronic Engineering courses.
Ground-breaking developments in engineering have revolutionised our lives. With exciting new areas as diverse as Telecommunications, Microelectronics, Nanotechnology, Multimedia, Optical Technologies and the dynamics of social media, the career prospects for engineering graduates have never been better. Whatever field of interest you may have in engineering, a degree from Multimedia University (MMU) will unlock your potential and kickstart your career as an engineer.
Be connected and gain benefit from Multimedia University’s state-of-the-art labs established by their industry collaboration with ZTE, Microsoft, Intel and many more. Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 5 relevant credits can enter the Foundation in Engineering course at Multimedia University (MMU). Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Engineering as well as the degree programmes. Upon completion of the recognised Foundation in Engineering, students will continue on to the various degree programmes at the Faculty of Engineering at Cyberjaya campus or Faculty of Engineering & Technology at Melaka campus. All of the engineering degree programmes at Multimedia University (MMU) are accredited by the Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM) and MQA.
For more information please WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Foundation in Engineering Courses in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya & Melaka Campuses
MMU Foundation (also known as Alpha Level) are designed for school leavers seeking to fast track their way to our Degree programmes directly after SPM or O Levels. The duration of the programme is 1 year.
Foundation in Engineering is the preferred foundation programme for many Malaysians as well as who wish to study engineering courses at Multimedia University (MMU). At Multimedia University, students pursue Foundation in Engineering programme in a campus environment which enriches their preparation for degree studies. The Foundation in Engineering is offered at both Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya & Melaka campuses.
The curriculum focuses on delivering engineering undergraduates with a preparatory programme that provides students with a strong foundation in the
fundamentals and builds the confidence to excel at Multimedia University.
In addition to strong analytical and technical knowledge, the programme also focuses on preparing students with strong critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills to succeed not only in their undergraduate studies, but more importantly, as independent life-long learners.
Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Malaysia. Therefore, it is undeniably the best university for students to pursue the Foundation in Engineering in Malaysia that’s also affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Engineering.
Intakes for the Foundation in Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) are in April, June and November of each year. Upon completion of the Foundation in Engineering at Cyberjaya or Melaka, students will continue on to the various BEM accredited engineering degree programmes.
List of Subjects offered in the Foundation in Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU)
Trimester 1 Foundation in Engineering Subjects at the at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Basic Computing & Programming
- Trigonometry & Coordinate Geometry
- Communicative English
Trimester 2 Foundation in Engineering Subjects at the at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Introduction to Business Management
- Critical Thinking
- Essential English
Trimester 3 Foundation in Engineering Subjects at the at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Introduction to Probability & Statistics
- Modern Physics & Thermodynamics
- Academic English
The Best Foundation in Engineering Course at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya and Melaka
The one-year Foundation in Engineering programme is the preferred route for many Malaysians and international students to access engineering courses in Multimedia University. Set in a campus environment that enriches their preparation for degree studies, the programme’s curriculum focuses on delivering preparatory engineering subjects to equip students with strong fundamentals in order to excel with confidence.
In addition to analytical and technical knowledge, the programme also focuses on equipping students with critical thinking and interpersonal skills to succeed not only in the undergraduate studies, but more importantly, as independent life-long learners. After completion of the foundation programme you can opt for a degree programme from either Faculty of Engineering (FOE) at MMU Cyberjaya or Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET) at MMU Melaka.
Upon completion of the Foundation in Engineering, students can choose from the following top rated engineering courses at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya or Melaka campuses.
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering (Cyberjaya)
Established in 1997 alongside the founding of MMU, an estimated 5000 students have passed through the faculty’s doors and successfully graduated as engineering professionals, the Faculty of Engineering (FOE) at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya will continue to spearhead innovation and creativity in the field of engineering well into the future through quality engineering programmes.
Sprawled over 808,440 square metres and housing 28 academic and support buildings, the Cyberjaya campus is home to the Faculty of Engineering. It is MMU’s second campus and hosts about 6,600 students inclusive of 1,085 international students.
- Foundation in Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Optical Engineering
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering and Technology (Melaka)
Building on extensive partnerships with industries and a robust innovation culture, students of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka graduate with industry-relevant engineering degrees that will put them ahead of their peers.
With 13 buildings spread over 280,000 square metres, the Melaka campus is host to the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, and Centre for Diploma Programme. It is MMU’s first campus, and has around 10,000 students in total inclusive of 350 international students.
- Foundation in Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Robotics and Automation
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Mechanical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Conducive Learning Environment at Multimedia University (MMU)
Learning goes beyond books. At MMU, you will have all these various facilities and settings that will make learning fun, comfortable, and memorable.
- Convenient accommodation. A calm and safe base for you to re-energise yourself every day, both on-campus and within walking distance off-campus.
- Intelligent labs. High-tech labs to boost the teaching and learning process. These are the Innov8 Lab, SiRi Learning Lab, SMART Lab, and an e-Moot Court.
- Digital Libraries. Well-stocked libraries with print and digital resources to cover your reading needs and habit.
- Cutting edge mind-set. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who are seeking for ways to best prepare themselves for a dynamic and challenging future.
- Extensive infrastructure. Computers galore, campus-wide Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, ample parking, food and drink outlets, and many others.
- Location. Cyberjaya – An intelligent city housing many high-tech firms that could one day become your workplace. Melaka – A city bustling with life and activities that is a wealth of experience to your life.
- Healthy lifestyle. Multiple sports tracks and fields, indoor sports centres, various courts and pitches, in addition to numerous clubs and societies. Olympic-sized swimming pool A swimming pool fit for champions right in the heart of Cyberjaya.
Multimedia University (MMU) is an Award-Winning & Top Ranking University in Malaysia for Engineering Courses
In 2009, MMU was ranked at 171 by THES-QS in the Asian University Rankings, the first private university in Malaysia to achieve such a feat. The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering at Cyberjaya earns four (4) accolades from the global professional association, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
In the Malaysia Open VEX Championship 2017 (MOVC2017), Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka team swept the Excellence Award and will be representing Malaysia in the Grand Finale VEX Worlds 2017 at Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
Furthermore, MMU lecturer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET ) Melaka, Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor, won a gold medal at The 8th EUROPEAN Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation (EUROINVENT 2016 ).
These are among the hundreds of awards & achievements of the engineering students and staff at Multimedia University (MMU) showing that MMU is the best private university in Malaysia for engineering. Supported by state-of-the-art labs & facilities, sports facilities, experienced & qualified lecturers, Multimedia University (MMU) is an excellent choice for students to pursue the affordable Foundation in Engineering after SPM or O-Levels.
The Faculty of Engineering teaching staff at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya have at least a Master for lecturers, at least 2nd Class Upper Bachelor degree for tutors in MMU. About 80% Multimedia University (MMU) engineering tutors has 1st class and 35% lecturers with PhD.
Multimedia University (MMU) has some of the best teaching labs among private universities in Malaysia. Students have the opportunity to experience for themselves the various principles of engineering in action through the numerous hands-on experiments.
There are also various activities conducted in collaboration with the industry that expose students to real world challenges that require innovative engineering solutions. MMU’s strong partnerships with global industry players that include Fortune 500 companies have led to the establishment of state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities such as Intel Advanced Architecture Lab, Panasonic Computing Lab, Huawei Digital Lifestyle and Innovation Centre and Motorola Wireless Broadband Technology Lab.
Multimedia University (MMU) has a vibrant Student engineering society and professional engineering student chapters such as The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) as well as ‘Multimedia University Engineering Society Overseas Research Programme'(MESCORP) for students to grow in leadership and soft-skills, as MMU recognises the growing importance of these human aspects of what engineers do.
In line with the Multimedia University (MMU)’s vision to be a leading engineering faculty in Malaysia for creation, preservation and dissemination of knowledge, MMU lecturers/professors/researchers at Faculty of Engineering has never failed to actively engage themselves
in the forefront R&D activities for the creation of new knowledge and technology where scientific findings are presented and published in various reputable international conferences, and prestigious journals of international standing.
MMU also enjoys great support and close research collaborations with some top names in the industries in Malaysia such as Intel, NTT, Nokia, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Matsushita, Ericsson, Agilent , coupled with the constant arrangement of invited lecture series that brings renowned engineers and scholars to MMU from across the world, has helped MMU to ensure the multi-skilled engineering graduates they produce stay relevant to the fast changing industry trends and needs.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Degrees are Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia and MQA
MQA (Malaysian Qualifications Agency), Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), and Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). MQA and BEM are government bodies and IEM is a professional body. In October 2000, MQA, BEM, and IEM form the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as a one-stop centre for Engineering degree accreditation in Malaysia. All Courses conducted in MMU have been approved by EAC and LAN.
In each country, there is a professional engineering body that decides whether it wants to accept foreign engineers or not. Examples of the professional bodies are, in
|Malaysia||The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM),|
|USA||Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)|
|Canada||Canadian Council of Professional Engineers (CCPE)|
|South Africa||Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)|
|UK||Engineering Council of the United Kingdom (EC)|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE)|
|Australia||Institution of Engineers, Australia (IEAust)|
|New Zealand:||Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ)|
|Ireland:||Institution of Engineers of Ireland (IEI)|
The Malaysian Engineering Accreditation Council has recently been accepted as a probationary signatory of the Washington Accord, which is a forum where signatory members recognize each other’s engineers to realize the global mobility of engineers. So far USA, UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, and Ireland are signatories in the Washington Accord, while Germany, Malaysia, Japan, and Singapore are probationary signatories.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Facilities & Labs at the Faculty of Engineering Cyberjaya Campus
FOE has more than 20 modern well-equipped teaching laboratories. The labs are used for engineering experiments and student projects. Research labs are also opened to students participating in various research projects undertaken by the faculty. Some of the FOE teaching labs are:
- Wave Radiation Lab – research related to wave radiation and electromagnetic waves.
- Nanotechnology Lab – teaching and R&D related to nanotechnology and nano-electronics.
- Optical Labs 1 & 2 – undergraduate lab experiments in the field of optical engineering.
- Project Labs 1, 2 & 3 – experiments related to final year projects.
- Intel Multi-Core Processing Lab – research and teaching related to microprocessor multicore
technology and parallel processing training/curriculum.
- Microprocessor Lab – experiments related to advanced microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Multimedia Computing Lab – general computing needs and lab experiments that require the use of MATLAB, ERACS and various other multimedia software.
- Panasonic Lab – experiments related to VLSI design, computer networking and architecture simulation.
- Control and Automation Lab – experiments related to industrial electronics, robotics and instrumentation systems. Also supports experiments related to microelectronics, digital logic design and field theory.
- Machine and Drive Lab – experiments in energy conversion, machines, drives and other power related subjects.
Energy System Lab – experiments related to power and energy systems.
- Embedded System & DSP Lab – teaching and R&D related to embedded systems and digital signal processing.
- Electronics Labs 1 & 2 – experiments related to analog and digital electronic systems.
- Intel Advanced Architecture Lab – general computing needs and experiments related to computer architecture.
- Multimedia Design Lab – general computing needs and work related to development of multimedia software.
- PCB Workshop – to fabricate printed circuit boards (PCB) for their projects.
- Telecommunications Lab – experiments in the field of telecommunication that includes fixed line communication, mobile communication and satellite communication.
- Applied Electromagnetic Lab – experiments and research related to antenna, propagation, radar and microwave devices.
- Intel Microelectronics Lab – IC design and RF courses, as well as for research in the area of integrated circuit design, RF, and network processor.
- Alcatel Lab, Nokia Lab, and NTT Research Lab – R&D work.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Facilities & Labs at the Faculty of Engineering & Technology Melaka Campus
There are currently 29 laboratories (headed by Laboratory Management Committee) in Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET). These laboratories support the teaching of Foundation in Engineering and 6 degree programmes offered at FET, namely Embedded System Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Management Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering majoring in Telecommunications, Electronics Engineering majoring in Robotics And Automation and Electronics Engineering majoring in Bio-Instrumentation.
These laboratories also support the research activities by the staff.
The list of laboratories are as follows:
- Computer and Design Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory 1
- Computer Laboratory 2
- Bio-Instrumentation Laboratory
- Thermodynamics Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- CAM Laboratory
- Mechanical Workshop
- Material Laboratory
- Applied Mechanics Laboratory
- Automation Laboratory
- Energy System Laboratory
- Computer Based Training Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Robotics Laboratory
- Electronics Laboratory
- Project Laboratory
- PCB Laboratory
- Applied Electromagnetic Laboratory
- Telecommunications Laboratory
- Einstein Lab
- Newton Lab
- Centre for Remote Sensing & Surveillance Technologies
- Centre for Advanced Materials & Green Technology
- Centre for Robotics & Automation
- Solid State Electronics Research Lab
- Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology Research Lab
- Communication Systems & Algorithms Lab
- Digital VLSI Design Lab
- Robotics Workshop
- Graduate Office
Entry Requirements for the Engineering Programmes at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya and Melaka
Foundation in Engineering Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM / O Level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, inclusive of English, Mathematics and one Engineering-related subject.
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least four (4) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, English and one Engineering-related subject.
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering & Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM/O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and one Science / Engineering subject and a pass in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and one Science subject
- Pass certificate in a related field from a recognised institution.
Engineering Degree Entry Requirements
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics