How to Choose an Exceptional Private University or IPTS for Business Administration or Business Management to Study in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
In oder to succeed in the competitive world of business, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia offering the Business Administration or Business Management course. These universities, with their experience, can help prepare you well and fine tune your skills. Students have to look at the environment of the university, student culture, facilities, lecturers’s experience, and internship opportunities to see which one best fits your needs and career goals.
Students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects. Students should choose the best university in Malaysia to study business administration or management so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their career.
A university is like a coach. It equips you with knowledge, trains you and provides you with the necessary skills to win. If one chooses a lousy coach, then the knowledge and skills would be lousy as well. If one chooses the cheapest coach, then don’t expect to learn much. Top universities for business in Malaysia would have the years of experience in teaching the course, qualified & experienced lecturers, top facilities, student support services, English-speaking student environment, multi-cultural student body, excellent internship programme and accreditation from MQA.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Phenomenal Guide on Helping Students to Choose the Best Private University in Malaysia for Business Administration or Business Management
When choosing a university and college in Malaysia for your Business Administration or Business Management course, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you. The environment should be one where students speak mostly in English so that you can improve your English and communication skills.
Research has shown that graduates with a good command of the English language get 25% higher salaries in Malaysia with faster promotions. In addition, if you want to have the opportunity to work in Multi-National Companies (MNC) or work overseas, a strong command of the English language will be one of the key factors.
Talk to the lecturers and find out from the counselors there if the courses have been accredited by MQA. The best universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the programme, strong student support services, and experienced lecturers.
Don’t choose a university just because someone told you that it is good. Ask why is it good? Don’t choose because a university is “famous” because it has put out a lot of advertisements. Many Uncles and Aunties will give you their opinions. It is important to check out what they have said is true or not. Also, don’t go to a university because your girlfriend or boyfriend or friends are going there. The university will play an important part in building your knowledge, skills and character to face the challenges of the working world. If you are weak, then you would not be able to perform well enough to earn a high salary.
Take time to find and talk to experienced and knowledgeable education counselors. Some of these counselors are very young and would not have gained enough experience or knowledge to be able to guide you well in this life changing decision. Or they may have other motives to push you to a particular university.
The best university for Business Administration or Business Management in Malaysia will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular course, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment (not a party university) and excellent facilities that support your studies.
Top Criteria to Consider When Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia for Business Administration or Business Management that Fits You
- Is the Business Administration or Business Management course popular at that university? Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Are the courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Are the courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Subjects offered in the diploma or degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Does the university have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that university?
- What is the duration of the course?
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Ask your friends who have studied there for their opinion. Ask your friends who are currently
studying there as well.
- Entry requirements (Foreign branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, etc.?
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- What is the make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
What will a Degree in Business Administration or Business Management Cost at a Top Private University in Malaysia?
Obviously the course you choose and the university will all make a difference to how much the degree will cost in terms of tuition fees, and you should talk to your parents about how much they have set aside for your studies, as this will go a long way into funding your Business Administration or Business Management study adventure.
As a general rule, and again, this depends on a lot of factors, you can expect a cost of around RM50,000 to RM120,000 total for the tuition fees for 3 years. You should be able to get help and advice on living arrangements from EduSpiral and the cost of living very much depends on which city you choose to study in. Most private universities in Malaysia will have on-campus accommodation and off-campus accommodation. It’s simply a case of looking into your options and your preferences.
Study at Outstanding Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia forBusiness Administration or Business Management
Having gone through a Business Administration or Business Management degree course at a good private university in Malaysia you would have understood how businesses operates, how to develop a business, and to how to deal with the challenges from the various aspects of managing a business including:
- human resource issues
- accounting & financial issues
- marketing challenges
- strategic management
- how to use statistics
- how to incorporate information technology when making good business decisions
A business administration degree can lead to many attractive career opportunities in today’s competitive business world, and hundreds of companies are looking for highly-skilled professionals who can bring their companies to higher level of success.
A good business degree will help graduates to excel and put them on a fast track to reach higher level of management in any company. Studying the Business Administration degree is ideal for students whose parents have their own businesses where it would eventually be passed on to them. The many different areas learnt in a business administration degree gives the student enough knowledge to handle the variety of tasks in running a business in Malaysia.
What you will study in a Business Administration or Business Management Degree at a Top Private University in Malaysia?
A top business school in Malaysia teaches its students on every aspect of running and managing a business. Business students today can expect a balanced and broad-based education that focuses on a lot more than business-related courses.
Subjects taught in a Business Administration or Business Management degree in Malaysia may include:
- business accounting
- information systems
- organisational behaviour
- public relations
- strategic management
- human resource management
- quantitative methods
- business law
- managing people
- managing change
- project management
- business communication
- business ethics
- research methods
- services marketing
- retail management
- sales management
Every university in Malaysia will differ slightly in the subjects so you will need to look at the subjects to see which one fits your needs and career goals.
Who Can Help you Make the Right Choice in your Business Administration or Business Management Studies in Malaysia?
Choosing a course to study after SPM or O-Levels is not is a process. It takes time & effort to research and gain information from talking to the right people. It’s a process of trying to figure out yourself, your interests, passion and what you are good at so that you can choose what’s best for you.
Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 15 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course after SPM. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, students may fill up our EduSpiral Career Assessment form for evaluation.
The EduSpiral Career Assessment form is a simple form designed by us that gathers information from students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels in order to assess their aptitude helping us to determine the most suitable course and career progression.