Study Business Administration or Management Courses in Malaysia
Business administration or Management is a wide field that includes subjects in marketing, accounting, economics and finance. From major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators in order to succeed. In a rapidly changing economy, new opportunities arise every day for those individuals with specific business administration knowledge and skills. A business administration or management degree from a top business schools in Malaysia can lead to many attractive career opportunities in today’s competitive business world, and hundreds of companies are looking for highly-skilled professionals who can bring their companies to higher level of success.
You might also be interested to read these:
- Best Commerce Courses Offered by Top Private Universities/Colleges in Malaysia
- Top 10 Business Courses with Future High Job Demand & Salary in Malaysia
- Top Business Schools at Private Universities in Malaysia
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
- 13 Top Technology Courses Malaysians Must Study to Land Jobs of the Future
- Top 50 Jobs with High Future Demand in Malaysia
- Malaysia’s 28 Top Jobs in Demand in Future with High Salaries
- Study Courses that has High Job Demand in Malaysia
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
What will you Study in a Business Administration or Management Degree Course in Malaysia?
A business administration/management degree will provide a solid foundation in the theories and principles of accounting, finance, marketing, economics, statistics, human resources functions, and decision-making.
There is a slight difference between administration and general management. A business management degree focuses more on planning and organising, while a degree in business administration provides a broad background and then allows the student to focus on a specialised area of business.
In addition, both business management and administration degrees typically include the same core subjects such as marketing, accounting, economics and finance. These subjects give students a background in how businesses work, from how products are sourced and manufactured to how they are marketed and sold and finally, to how the money is managed and used to grow the business.
A student of business management will generally then go on to take additional courses in related areas, with subjects that may include communications, logistics, decision-making, information systems and human resources. These courses can help a business management student prepare for a job supervising or managing other people.
A Business Administration Degree prepares students to plan, organize, direct, and control the functions and processes of a company or organisation. Having gone through a business administration degree course at a good private university in Malaysia you would have understood how businesses operates, how to develop a business, and to how to deal with the challenges from the various aspects of managing a business including:
- human resource issues
- accounting & financial issues
- marketing challenges
- strategic management
- how to use statistics
- how to incorporate information technology when making good business decisions
What are the Subjects for a Business Administration or Management Degree?
Students can also expect their degree course to cover core business subjects such as accounting, finance, information technology and marketing. Below are brief descriptions of some subjects that you would study:
- Business Communications and Critical Thinking: Students will develop skills in critical thinking and decision making through the forms of written communication, including memos, emails, business letters, and reports. Other topics include communication ethics and cross-cultural communications, personal communication styles, solving organizational problems, and the evaluation of an organizations strategic direction.
- Introduction to Computer Applications and Systems: Students learn to apply Microsoft® Office tools including work processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software to accomplish business objectives.
- Management Theory and Practice: This course explores the rich field of management in theory and practice, and as both a science and an art. Students learn to apply management concepts to current workplace issues
- Principles of Accounting : This course covers the fundamentals of financial accounting as well as the identification, measurement, and reporting of the financial effects of economic events on an enterprise.
- Business Research: Students will learn to apply an understanding of commonly employed business research techniques to improve a situation, solve a problem, or change a process.
- Principles of Microeconomics: This course provides students with the basic theories, concepts, terminology, and uses of microeconomics.
- Finance for Business: This course introduces the student to the essential elements of finance for business. Topics include: Financial planning, working capital management, capital budgeting, long term financing, and international finance.
- Global Business Strategies: The manager’s perspective in the fields of international payments, international trade, and investment are analyzed. Emphasis is given to the materials and concepts that illuminate the strategies, structure, practices, and effects of multinational enterprises.
Other subjects may be marketing, quantitative analysis, business law and integrated business.
Why should you Study at a Top Private University in Malaysia for Business Administration or Management?
Students should choose to study business administration at the best private universities in Malaysia to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive job force. There are thousands of graduates in Malaysia with business degrees all competing with you for the jobs and also for promotion while you are at work.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management can help you obtain those particular abilities and master the latest methods. Students should choose the Business Administration degree program where the university will equip them with the competencies employers seek.
You’ll not only be prepared to meet the challenges of a global marketplace in a wide variety of industries, you’ll hold a Business Administration degree valued by companies nationwide.
There is not a “best” university for Business Administration or Business Management degree studies in Malaysia. Students have to look at the environment of the university, student culture, facilities, lecturers’s experience, and internship opportunities to see which one best fits your needs and career goals.
In oder to succeed in the competitive world of business, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia offering the Business Administration or Business Management course. These universities, with their experience, can help prepare you well and fine tune your skills.
Students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects.
Additionally, students should choose top universities in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects.
Therefore, it is important that you spend 3 to 4 years at a top private university in Malaysia to train and prepare yourself well. Below, are some of the best business administration degree programmes in Malaysia at top ranked private universities.
Who Should Study Business Administration or Management?
Students should study a Business & Management Studies degree if you want to gain a deep understanding of how organisations function as one unified force of business. A degree in Business Administration among the most sought after qualifications in today’s job market in Malaysia.
Demand is strong for employees with general business management credentials as well as those with expertise in specialised business disciplines. A bachelor degree in business administration is designed to produce graduates with a solid foundation in communication, problem solving, critical thinking and leadership skills ideal suited for the business world.
What are the Entry Requirements to Study Business Administration or Business Management at Top Private Universities in Malaysia?
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Business Commerce or Foundation in Arts at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Business Administration or Business Management degree programme.
Students after the external Pre-University Programme such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. may enter directly into the Business Administration or Business Management Degree programme with relevant results at the best university in Malaysia.
Alternatively, with 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Business Administration and then enter into Year 2 of the 3-year business degree at top private universities in Malaysia.
Entry requirements for Business would vary from university to university. Students may contact EduSpiral Consultant Services to find out the exact entry requirements for architecture at top private universities in Malaysia.
How Much will a Degree in Business Administration or Business Management Cost at a Top Private University in Malaysia?
Obviously the course you choose and the university will all make a difference to how much the degree will cost in terms of tuition fees, and you should talk to your parents about how much they have set aside for your studies, as this will go a long way into funding your Business Administration or Business Management study adventure.
As a general rule, and again, this depends on a lot of factors, you can expect a cost of around RM50,000 to RM120,000 total for the tuition fees for 3 years. You should be able to get help and advice on living arrangements from EduSpiral and the cost of living very much depends on which city you choose to study in. Most private universities in Malaysia will have on-campus accommodation and off-campus accommodation. It’s simply a case of looking into your options and your preferences.
What are the Job Opportunities for Business Administration or Management Graduates in Malaysia?
A business administration degree can lead to many attractive career opportunities in today’s competitive business world, and hundreds of companies are looking for highly-skilled professionals who can bring their companies to higher level of success.
A good business degree will help graduates to excel and put them on a fast track to reach higher level of management in any company. Studying the Business Administration degree is ideal for students whose parents have their own businesses where it would eventually be passed on to them. The many different areas learnt in a business administration degree gives the student enough knowledge to handle the variety of tasks in running a business in Malaysia.
What is a Business Administration or Business Management Job like in Malaysia?
A career in business in Malaysia nowadays touches on information technology, leadership dynamics and increasingly on ethics and international relationships. Many top business executives in Malaysia will get their start working in office administration or in hospitality, retail, FMCG, property, sales or operations management. Executives and administrators work in every industry, from SME’s to conglomerates with thousands of employees.
On the job, business administration professionals:
- Establish and carry out departmental or company’s goals, policies and procedures
- Direct and oversee the company’s financial and budgetary activities
- Manage general activities related to making products and providing services
- Innovate by applying new technologies in the workplace
- Consult with staff and management about operational matters
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements
- Delegate tasks to the right personnel
- Analyse financial statements, sales reports and other performance indicators
- Identify areas in the business to cut costs
- Seek ways to improve performance, policies and programmes
Some typical areas for work for business administration graduates in Malaysia include general management, hospitality management, office administration, operations management, retail management and sales management.