Find Out the Course Details for the Diploma in Business at Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
Taylor’s Business School is recognised as the World No. 97 and No.1 private university in Malaysia and Southeast Asia for Business and Management Studies based on the 2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
Since its establishment in 1993, Taylor’s Business School has grown into one of the largest and most dynamic business schools in Malaysia, offering highly-recognised international business qualifications from Diploma to Bachelor, Master and Doctorate (PhD), as well as comprehensive continuing professional development programmes. We provide a crucial foothold for graduates to propel into the global arena, whether as future leaders of conglomerates or successful business owners.
The 2-year Diploma in Business programme at Taylor’s University is specially designed to equip students with solid business knowledge and skills, with a central focus on instilling a global mindset as well as creative and critical thinking, set in an experiential learning environment. Taylor’s University Graduates will be given an opportunity to obtain the Professional Diploma in Corporate Administration (PDCA) from the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) upon successful completion of the Diploma in Business programme at Taylor’s University.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Phenomenal Diploma in Business Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
This programme is specifically designed to equip students with solid business knowledge and skills, with a central focus on instilling a global mindset as well as creative and critical thinking, set in an experimental learning environment.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be able to seamlessly transition into our degree and have the competitive advantage required to seek global employment opportunities.
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels with at least 3 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s Business School’s Diploma in Business for 2 years and then enter into of any of the business degree programmes below:
Dual Degree awarded by Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Actuarial Studies
- Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Finance & Economics
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) International Business & Marketing
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours) in Team Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor in Accounting (Fintech) (Honours)
Taylor’s Business Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Business
Alternatively, students with 5 credits in SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to any of the business degree programmes at Taylor’s. Taylor’s University has won numerous awards in business competitions and is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study business.
Award-Winning Top Business School at Taylor’s University
Taylor’s Business School students have continuously clinched awards in numerous local and international competitions, demonstrating their ability to apply classroom theories into practice, and excel in real-world scenarios.
These competitions provide opportunities for Taylor’s students to test their knowledge and skills in competitive settings and benchmark their solutions against their peers. They also provide an avenue for students to network with peers, experts and industry leaders.
Taylor’s Business students have won the prestigious HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge 6 consecutive times as Champions and twice as Regional Champions.
- Taylor’s University retains its position as Malaysia’s leading private university in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022, ranking 16th in the world for the Graduate Employment Rate indicator.
- Taylor’s University broke into Top 100 in the world to rank #97 for Business and Management Studies in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022, making it the top private business school in Malaysia and Southeast Asia.
- Taylor’s University is ranked Top 150 by QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021 for Business & Management Studies
- 2021 National Champion at HSBC Malaysia Business Case
- 2021 Facebook Research Award
- 2020 Taylor’s Business School is the top private university in Malaysia for Business and Management Studies based on the 2020 QS World Rankings by Subject.
- 2019 Runner up Proton X70 Intelligence that Inspires Challenge (National Level)
- 2019 Taylor’s Business School, an international partner of Chartered Institute of Management (CMI), won the International Award at CMI Higher Education Conference in London
- 2019 National Champion HSBC Business Case Challenge
- 2019 Champion in HSBC Millennial Hackathon #Wecanhackit Event
- 2018 National Champions, KPMG International Case Competition
- 2018 Champions & Best Presenter, PwC Trust Builder Challenge
- 2018 1st Runner Up, HSBC Malaysian Business Case Challenge
- 2016 National Champion, L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2015- Kentrade Trading Challenge II National Champion
- 2015 National Champion, Unilever Future Leader’s League
- 2014 International Champion L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2014 National Champion HSBC Business Case Challenge
- 2014 2nd Runner-up L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2013 National Champion Deloitte Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy
- 2013 National Champion Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader Marketing Plan Competition
- 2013 2nd Runner-up Pertandingan Kuiz Pelaburan PNB
- 2013 2nd Runner-up Inter-Varsity Accounting Quiz
- 2012 Regional and National Champions HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2012 National Champion L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2012 2nd Runner-up CIMB ASEAN Youth Stock Challenge
- 2011 Champion Inter-varsity Accounting Quiz
- 2011 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2010 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2009 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2009 Champion CIMA Global Challenge
- 2008 1st Runner-up – Best Presenter Asia Best Young Speaker of Business English Competition
- 2006 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2005 Regional and National Champions HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
Outstanding Diploma in Business Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
The Diploma in Business programme at Taylor’s University is specially designed to equip students with solid business knowledge and skills, with a central focus on instilling a global mindset as well as creative and critical thinking, set in an experiential learning environment.
Taylor’s Diploma in Business programme meets the needs of the industry by incorporating disciplines like management, marketing, accounting, human resources and soft skills into the curriculum.
Professionally Recognised Diploma
Graduates will be given an opportunity to obtain the Professional Diploma in Corporate Administration (PDCA) from the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) upon successful completion of the programme.
Dynamic Internship Exposure
12-week internship exposes students to the real working environment and relevant skills for future employment.
Programme Structure for the Diploma in Business programme at Taylor’s University
- Business Mathematics
- Academic English
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Organisational Behavior
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- MPU 1
- MPU 4
- UCM 2
- UCM 3
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Business Statistics
- Business Project
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Introduction to Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Consumer Behavior
- Management Accounting
- Public Relations Principles
Note: Choose 1 elective module
*All information is subject to change. Readers are responsible for verifying information that pertains to them by contacting the university.
* The Ministry of Education (MOE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) (i.e. General Studies) which is categorised under U1, U2, U3 and U4 within the duration of their studies. U1 modules are prescribed by MOE whereas U2, U3 and U4 modules are from a list of University Core Modules (UCM) prescribed as per the Programme Guide.
Internship and Industry Immersion Programme
A distinctive feature of our Bachelor of Business (Hons) curriculum is the internship and industry immersion programme at established organisations. The internship programme aims to provide you with a deeper cross-cultural appreciation of both business practices and research, whereas industry immersion programme is specially designed to provide you with a wealth of exposure with some of the prestigious companies in the corporate world, and receive exclusive training, insights and mentorship form industry veterans.
- SIJIL PELAJARAN MALAYSIA (SPM)
Pass with minimum of 3 credits
- O LEVEL
Pass with minimum of 3 credits
- A LEVEL
E in 1 subject
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
Minimum average 50% in 6 subjects
Minimum C with CGPA 2.00
- UNIFIED EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE (UEC)
Pass with minimum of 3Bs
- OTHER QUALIFICATION
Pass certificate in relevant field from other institutions recognised by MOHE or any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
Students who wish to pursue Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Accounting and Finance programme are required to obtain a pass in:
- SPM with 5 credits including Mathematicss and a pass in Bahasa Melayu, English and History
Pass in UEW with 3Bs including Mathematics and a pass in English
*All information is subject to change. The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Readers are responsible to verify the information by contacting the university’s Admissions Department.