Premier Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Business Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students should study a Business & Management Studies degree if you want to gain a deep understanding of how organisations function as one unified force of business. A degree in Business Administration among the most sought after qualifications in today’s job market in Malaysia. Demand is strong for employees with general business management credentials as well as those with expertise in specialised business disciplines. A bachelor degree in business administration is designed to produce graduates with a solid foundation in communication, problem solving, critical thinking and leadership skills ideal suited for the business world.
The degree develops the student’s practical, managerial and communication skills, and business decision-making capability. Many programs incorporate training and practical experience, in the form of case projects, presentations, internships, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from industry.
Since Business Management or Business Administration degree is general in nature and covers a wide scope, business graduates are found in a wide variety of careers and diverse industries. Getting a business administration degree from a top private university is an excellent way to enter a career in any business environment in Malaysia or globally. It is also an ideal degree for students who aspire to be entrepreneurs or to take over their family business.
A good university prepares you for the world of business, and to start your career with highly relevant and marketable skills demanded by corporations in the business sector.
You might also be interested to read these:
- Best Commerce Courses Offered by Top Private Universities/Colleges in Malaysia
- Top 10 Business Courses with Future High Job Demand & Salary in Malaysia
- Top Business Schools at Private Universities in Malaysia
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
- 13 Top Technology Courses Malaysians Must Study to Land Jobs of the Future
- Top 50 Jobs with High Future Demand in Malaysia
- Malaysia’s 28 Top Jobs in Demand in Future with High Salaries
- Study Courses that has High Job Demand in Malaysia
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying Business Administration or Business Management in Malaysia
A major in business administration/management will provide that goal—focused training. Students will get a solid foundation in the theories and principles of accounting, finance, marketing, economics, statistics, human resources functions, and decision-making.
There is a slight difference between administration and general management. A business management degree focuses more on planning and organising, while a degree in business administration provides a broad background and then allows the student to focus on a specialised area of business.
In addition, both business management and administration degrees typically include the same core subjects such as marketing, accounting, economics and finance. These subjects give students a background in how businesses work, from how products are sourced and manufactured to how they are marketed and sold and finally, to how the money is managed and used to grow the business.
A student of business management will generally then go on to take additional courses in related areas, with subjects that may include communications, logistics, decision-making, information systems and human resources. These courses can help a business management student prepare for a job supervising or managing other people.
A degree in business management can help you prepare for a management role in most types of organizations and provide a broad foundation to help you understand how businesses operate.
By studying Business Administration & Management, students will acquire a broad set of skills which leave career choices wide open. Transferable skills like leadership, financial awareness, team work and computing are all extremely valuable to any job.
What will I study in a Business Administration degree at a top private university in Malaysia?
A business school teaches its students on every aspect of running and managing a business. Business students today can expect a balanced and broad-based education that focuses on a lot more than business-related courses.
Subjects taught in a Business Administration degree in Malaysia may include:
- business accounting
- information systems
- organisational behaviour
- public relations
- strategic management
- human resource management
- quantitative methods
- business law
- managing people
- managing change
- project management
- business communication
- business ethics
- research methods
- services marketing
- retail management
- sales management
Below are brief descriptions of some subjects that you would study:
- Business Communications and Critical Thinking: Students will develop skills in critical thinking and decision making through the forms of written communication, including memos, emails, business letters, and reports. Other topics include communication ethics and cross-cultural communications, personal communication styles, solving organizational problems, and the evaluation of an organizations strategic direction.
- Introduction to Computer Applications and Systems: Students learn to apply Microsoft® Office tools including work processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software to accomplish business objectives.
- Management Theory and Practice: This course explores the rich field of management in theory and practice, and as both a science and an art. Students learn to apply management concepts to current workplace issues
- Principles of Accounting : This course covers the fundamentals of financial accounting as well as the identification, measurement, and reporting of the financial effects of economic events on an enterprise.
- Business Research: Students will learn to apply an understanding of commonly employed business research techniques to improve a situation, solve a problem, or change a process.
- Principles of Microeconomics: This course provides students with the basic theories, concepts, terminology, and uses of microeconomics.
- Finance for Business: This course introduces the student to the essential elements of finance for business. Topics include: Financial planning, working capital management, capital budgeting, long term financing, and international finance.
- Global Business Strategies: The manager’s perspective in the fields of international payments, international trade, and investment are analyzed. Emphasis is given to the materials and concepts that illuminate the strategies, structure, practices, and effects of multinational enterprises.
Each university in Malaysia will differ slightly in the subjects so you will need to look at the subjects to see which one fits your needs and career goals
Top Private Universities and Colleges offering the Business Administration/Management Courses
Business Administration/Management is an ideal choice for students wanting to fast-track their career or learn more about the realities of starting or managing a business. By exploring the various areas of management within the business sphere, from finance to communication and marketing, students are given a broad understanding of the skills needed to succeed in business.
Obtaining a Business Administration/Management degree from a top private university or college will propel you ahead of the competitive pack of graduates. With the knowledge gained from top lecturers in their field and interaction with a vibrant and internationalised student environment, your chances for success is increased exponentially.
Below, are some of the best business administration degree programmes in Malaysia at top ranked private universities that you can consider. Please contact us at 01111408838 for advise on how to choose the right university that will fit you and for the course information.
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC)
- Monash University
- Taylors University
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Sunway University
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU Penang
- First City University College
- HELP University
- Saito University College
- HELP Academy
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a top business administration degree programme at the university in Malaysia can go for the Foundation in Business programme or Diploma in Business Administration.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the 1-year Foundation in Business course with 5 relevant credits and then enter into the Business Administration Degree programme at a top private college or university in Malaysia for 3 years.
Students with a minimum of 3 credits can go for the Diploma in Business Administration for 2 years before entering into Year 2 of the Degree programme for another 2 years. If you are sure that you want to study business administration, then you can go for the Diploma, if not, go for the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts course.
Finally, those who have completed a Pre-University course in Malaysia such as Foundation, STPM, UEC, A-Levels, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CPU, etc may enter directly into the degree course with the relevant results.
What are the Career Paths for a Business Administration Graduate?
A business administration degree can lead to many attractive career opportunities in today’s competitive business world, and hundreds of companies are looking for highly-skilled professionals who can bring their companies to higher level of success.
A good business degree will help graduates to excel and put them on a fast track to reach higher level of management in any company. Studying the Business Administration degree is ideal for students whose parents have their own businesses where it would eventually be passed on to them. The many different areas learnt in a business administration degree gives the student enough knowledge to handle the variety of tasks in running a business in Malaysia.