Get An Outstanding UK Dual Degree in International Business Management at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
International business management programmes give students an understanding of the different business management practices found all over the world, and prepare them for graduate careers working abroad or in organisations that are engaged in business on a global scale. Studying international business management allows you to see how globalisation has brought about an increasing ‘connectedness’ of businesses, markets, people and information across countries.
Asia Pacific University (APU) provides an excellent environment for your International Business Management studies as they have students from more than 130 countries and have been Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE* (*Student Barometer Wave 2019 (International Students), ‘Studying with people from other cultures’) Award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU) offers the UK Dual Award BA (Hons) in International Business Management. Upon completion of the degree, students will receive a degree from APU and another from De Montfort University, UK. After SPM or O-Levels, students may enter the Foundation in Business & Finance or Diploma in Business Administration before continuing on to the degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Course Information for the BA (Hons) in International Business Management at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
The International Business Management degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of management activities as undertaken by managers in a range of organisations with particular focus on the development in global business arena.
- An opportunity to develop well-researched, logical and integrated solutions to multi-faceted problems in uncertain and dynamic global contexts.
- Vocationally relevant exposure enabling students to become operationally effective in management either domestically or internationally.
- A wide-range of employment skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and interpretive skills, effective written and oral communication, using IT in business applications, and the ability to conduct research into international business management issues.
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme – Double Your Advantage
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
* The requirement to pass Mathematics and English subjects at STPM, A-Level and UEC can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
Course Structure for the BA (Hons) in International Business Management Degree at Asia Pacific University (APU)
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every business management professional, and the basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, People Management and Accounting.
We will also expose you towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills and quantitative skills, independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they will get a solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of functional management and international business management, such as international culture & communications, operations management, employee development etc.
They will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industry-leading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the workplace and for further researches.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
- Integrated Business Process with SAP ERP System
- Commercial Law
- International Business
- International Culture & Communications
- Operations Management
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- E-Business Management OR Interactive Marketing
- Critical Thinking in Management OR Regulatory Policy for Investment Markets
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in tackling more practical and modern issues of business management and managing for enterprise performance and problem solving that are focused on the international context, with aims to groom them as an international business leader. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually – they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Strategic Management
- Asian Economics
- Global Marketing
- International Business
- Management Project
- International Human Resource Management
- International Strategic Management
- Investigation in International Business Management
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Managing International Supply Chains
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- Corporate Finance OR Global Finance
- Managing People and Performance OR International Banking & Investment Management
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Administration Manager
- General Administrator
- Corporate Strategy Manager
- Global Purchasing Manager
- Global Retail Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- International Operations Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Logistic and Supply Chain Manager
- Operation Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Market Research Manager
- Business Consultant
- Business Research Analyst
Professional Recognition and Paper Exemptions
Upon completion of BA (Hons) in International Business Management, students are eligible for exemptions in the below Professional Recognition of APU Degree Programmes.
- MAICSA – 10 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
- MACS – 10 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
- CIMA – 4 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAISCA)
APU degrees enable graduates to satisfy educational requirements of professional registration. Upon successful completion of Bachelor Degrees in Business Management, Human Resource Management and International Business Management, students are eligible for 9-10 subjects (out of 16 subjects) exemption from the MAICSA Professional Diploma in Corporate Administration (PDCA) and MAICSA International Qualifying Scheme (IQS). The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) was founded in 1959 as an affiliated body to The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) in the United Kingdom. It is now one of the nine Divisions of ICSA worldwide, having achieved a Division status in 2001. Malaysian Government has gazetted MAICSA as a prescribed body under Section 139(A) of the Companies Act 1965, which means that Associate and Fellow members of MAICSA can automatically act as company secretaries without having to apply for a licence from the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM).
Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS)
In addition, upon successful completion of BA (Hons) in Business Management, BA (Hons) in International Business Management and BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management, graduates are eligible for 10 papers (out of 16 papers) exemptions from Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries’ Professional Examination. Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS) is an independent, self-regulating local professional body established and registered under the Societies Act 1966 on the 30th November 1989 and has been an approved body under Fourth Schedule of the Companies Act, 2016. Fellows and full members of the Association are qualified to practise as Certified Company Secretaries.
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Upon successful completion of BA (Hons) in Business Management and BA (Hons) in International Business Management, graduates are entitled to a 4-paper exemption out of 16 papers from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). CIMA is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. Its unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects produces competent and confident Chartered Global Management Accountant who can lead their organisations to sustainable success.