To meet the high demand for qualified professionals in the Logistics & Supply Chain Industry, Study at a Top Private University in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels wanting to pursue a future proof career in the exciting Logistics industry can go for a Diploma in Logistics Management at a top private university in Malaysia. This course provides a focus on the supply and demand of local, imported and exported goods. In addition, you will learn about transport and logistics, supply chain management and operations and risk management.
When you complete the diploma course, you can then continue on to either the degree in Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management. The Diploma in Logistics Management is an excellent choice as it is more practical compared to a Pre-University Programme and you will focus specifically on the logistics and business subjects. Furthermore, the internship will enhance your learning experience and provide for job opportunities.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Diploma in Logistics Management at a Top Private University in Malaysia
A Diploma in Logistics Management course is more practical while the Foundation or external Pre-University programme are more academic.
The assessments for the Diploma in Logistics Management programme at private universities and colleges in Malaysia is a mix of Assignments, Coursework, and written examination percentage. The diploma programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques.
Students will experience different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of a diploma programme, such as lectures, tutorials, computer lab work, team-based project, real life system development, presentations, independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The learning is very much practical oriented and will include trips within the Logistics industry and internships.
The Diploma in Logistics Management programme aims to link and synchronise the marketplace, transportation systems, distribution network, as well as the manufacturing processes together effectively to ensure that services meet customer satisfaction.
In a nutshell, this programme presents a broad view of logistics acquired through a combination of examinations, projects, coursework, industrial attachments and a dissertation in the final year. Students learn the relevant academic and vocational logistics management principles, skills and knowledge through innovative teaching and learning methodologies.
With this, students are not only able to perform effectively and efficiently within a variety of contemporary logistics environments, but are also properly equipped to face the numerous dynamic challenges in local and global industries.
What is Logistics?
Logistics refers to the movement of goods and information between the provider and the receiver. The market of international logistics is having a significant growth with growing demand of various goods across the globe.
Furthermore, increasing in global trade activities of the developing economies, rise in trade related agreements and global logistics infrastructure and advancement in information technology and transportation sector are the prime factors responsible for the growth of global market. With the immense growth in the logistics industry in Malaysia and globally, there is a high demand for graduates in Logistics.
Who Should Study the Diploma in Logistics Management?
- Students who want a job in the future that has future high job demand
- Students who want a job that provides the opportunity to work overseas
- Students who are good in Mathematics
- Students who are hands-on, enjoying a job that’s practical with lots of movement
- Students who are able to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Student who possess strong language skills in English & Mandarin with an ability to communicate with people at all levels
- The ability to plan, organise and execute tasks are important skills to have
- Students who are sure of pursuing a career in the Logistics industry should just go straight into the diploma instead of taking the Foundation or Pre-University course
Which are the Top Private Universities in Malaysia Offering the Diploma in Logistics Management?
Choosing a private college or university for your Diploma in Logistics Management course in Malaysia is important as it will help to shape your mind, character and help you to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
There are many reasons and motivations for attending university in Malaysia, so ask yourself some serious questions to identify what you want from your university experience. Every university and diploma course in Malaysia is different and each student wants different things to fit their education and career goals.
The best private university in Malaysia for your Diploma in Logistics Management course will focus on quality, have highly experienced lecturers, provide a good study environment, opportunities to visit the logistics industry, organised solid internships, good facilities and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Malaysia (CILTM). .
Education Pathway after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels for Logistics
With any 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, you can go for the Diploma in Logistics Management course. You will spend 2 years or 2.5 year studying the diploma and upon completion, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Degree at the same university or transfer to another private university.
There is no need to perform exemptions if you continue on to degree at the same university. Upon completion of the Diploma in Logistics Management graduates can continue on to year 2 degree for Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
UCSI University students can continue on to their BA (Hons) Supply Chain Operations Management or the BA (Hons) Logistics Management. Meanwhile, Saito University College diploma graduates can continue on to the Bachelor of Business in Logistics Management and E-Business (Honours).
What’s the Entry Requirements for a Diploma in Logistics Management Course?
With at least 3 credits in your SPM or IGCSE O-Levels or 3 Bs in UEC, you can join the Diploma in Logistics Management course. Students after SPM must have a pass in BM & Sejarah.
There may be other subject requirements depending on the course & university. Some universities may require a Credit in English.
- STPM – Minimum 1 principal (C)
- A-levels- Minimum 1 principal (E)
- SPM – Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
- O-level – Minimum 3 credits (C)
- UEC – Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
- Certificate, SKM, SKK (MQF Level 3) – Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency – Minimum overall average of 50%
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency – Minimum overall average of 50%
Assessments for the Diploma in Logistics Management
- The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments.
- Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive.
- This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
Sample of Subjects that you will Study in a Diploma in Logistics Management Course at a Private University in Malaysia
In a Diploma in Logistics Management course, students will take 25-35 subjects which is a mix of Assignments, Coursework, and written examination percentage. Students will take mostly Logistics and Business subjects with some computing and mathematics.
- Introduction to Logistics Studies
- Freight Intermediaries and Operations
- Warehousing and Distribution Network
- Supervisory skills and Management
- Ports & Shipping Operations
- Customer Relationship Management
- Marketing in Supply Chain Management
- E-Commerce Logistics
- Inventory Management
- Transportation System Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Logistics Organisation
- Logistics Business Strategy & Planning
- Issues in Logistics Industry
- Transportation and Freight Logistics
- Global Logistics & Chain Integration
- Inventory Management & procurement
- Container Trade & Supply Chain
- Customs and Freight Forwarding
- Supply Chain Management in Aviation
- Global Commercial Shipping
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Ethics
- Fundamental of Management
Computing & Maths Subjects
- Information Technology
- Internet Technologies
- Business Information System
Does the Diploma in Logistics Management have Internships?
During the Diploma in Logistics Management, students will have the opportunity to go for an internship at a company within the logistics industry. An internship will enhances your employability by integrating classroom learning with workplace training at the companies.
Is the PTPTN Loan Available for Diploma in Logistics Management Courses?
Students may apply for PTPTN Loan for the Diploma in Logistics Management courses at private universities as long as they are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
- Students whose parents are under Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia (BR1M) may get the full PTPTN Loan amount of RM 13,600. This is the total loan amount for the whole course.
- Students whose parents’ combined income is not more than RM8,000 but not under BR1M will get RM 10,200.
- Finally, students whose parents’ combined income is more than RM8,000 will get RM 6,800.
What is the Starting Salary for Diploma in Logistics Management Graduates in Malaysia?
Starting salaries for Diploma holders is generally not high but it will go higher will more experience. It is recommended for Diploma students to continue on to the Degree programme if you can afford it.
Starting salaries will range from RM1800 to RM2500 a month.