Choose to Study at the Best Colleges & Universities for Mass Communication in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students can choose from various types of communication courses ranging from the general mass communication to more specific ones like media marketing, media studies or public relations. Students after SPM or O-Levels can choose between 2 pathways, either the Diploma in Mass Communication or the Foundation in Communication. Students who are not sure of studying Mass Communication or other business courses may go for the Foundation in Arts. Upon completion, they can then enter into the degree course.
Students should choose the right university for their mass communication studies so that they would be well trained with the necessary skills & knowledge. The best university for mass communication in Malaysia should have excellent facilities, experienced lecturers, accredited diploma or degree programme, English-speaking student environment and solid subjects in the course.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Choose the Best Private Universities and Colleges in Malaysia to Study Mass Communication
It is important to choose the best private universities and colleges in Malaysia to ensure that you get the necessary training and skills to succeed in the competitive workforce.
Choosing a private university with an English-speaking student environment will help you to improve your language skills.
The university should also be equipped with the necessary facilities such as recording studio, photo studio, computer lab and some have Mac Computers. Experienced & qualified lecturers are essential to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the mass communication career.
Malaysia’s private universities and colleges best for Mass Communication or Marketing Communications are:
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie
- Taylor’s University
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Monash University Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- UCSI College
- UCSI University
- HELP University
Mass Communication Skills that you will Gain at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
Mass communication educational programs at private universities & colleges in Malaysia teach many skills useful not only in fields directly related to mass communications but also for many other professions. These skills include:
- Communication: Verbal and writing skills to organize and express ideas clearly and appropriately, observation skills, the ability to evaluate ideas and content, and the abilities to inform, explain, influence, persuade, mediate, and negotiate
- Attention to detail and organizational skills: Planning, working both as part of a team and independently, meeting deadlines, striving for accuracy, being accountable, and making decisions
- Critical thinking and how to use independent, objective, and precise reasoning
- Creativity: Designing projects, generating and adapting ideas, developing programs, evaluating situations, and presenting information and data
- Problem solving: How to look at complex problems, understanding both the whole picture and its individual parts, recognizing patterns, using analytical and intuitive skills, and evaluating and monitoring results
- Research and analysis of information and data
The ability to understand diverse cultural, social, legal, and ethical considerations in mass communication processes
Choose to Study Mass Communication at Top Private Universities in Malaysia to Gain the Knowledge & Skills for a Successful Career
Mass Communication is the imparting or exchanging of information on a large scale to a wide range of people or mass audience. Basically, this is the use of communication channels that reach massive numbers of people. There is no set number of people that must be touched in order for a communications method to be considered “mass”, however, in general, those approaches that reach an audience larger than a single locality, city, or county are accepted as forms of mass communications. The channels includes media such as newspapers, magazines, television, cinema, radio, billboards, or the Internet.
Mass Comm students will learn how to craft the message in the most creative manner to reach the target market. They would first perform market research to find out about their target market – how they behave, what they like, where they obtain their information, etc. Mass Comm students will then come up with the right message and use the right media channels to send that message.
With the advent of the Internet, companies have begun to look for specialists who can send their messages to their market using social media, email, websites and other Internet tools.
The demand for writers who can create content for the online is growing steadily for example, bloggers like Kenny Sia. This means that there are good job prospects for those who are able to communicate well using the Internet.
Students interested in studying Mass Comm should be good in languages, like to socialise with people, have an outgoing personality, possess strategic thinking, like to write, organise events, a creative mind, and lots of energy.
A good command of the English language is very important for a successful career in Mass Communication. Students need to choose a university where the students speak mainly in English and experience in offering the programme. If you are weak in English, it will be very difficult for you to maintain the image of your company with bad English.
You will not be able to write good press releases and copy for the brochures. Coming up with good taglines or campaign ideas for your product or company will be almost impossible. Having a good command of both English and Mandarin would be very advantageous. However, if you are only proficient in Mandarin, you will not be able to get jobs in top multinational or global companies.
High Job Demand in Malaysia for Mass Communication Graduates with a Good Command of the English Language
Graduates in mass comm can find jobs in the news media, advertising or public relations agencies, publishing houses, and research institutes. Mass Comm graduates can also pursue careers in broadcasting, film, media, advertising, public relations, corporate communication, journalism, event management or photojournalism. There are thousands of jobs out there for mass comm graduates. Almost every medium and large company need at least one Public Relations staff.
You can work as a Public Relations executive in many types of industries such as banks, property, hotels, hospitals, private colleges & universities, financial institutions, restaurants, fast food chains, retail, fashion, and more.
- Writes and composes materials for advertisements, brochures, etc
- Suggests names for new products, writes slogans and designs packaging.
- Compares products or services to find selling points.
- Creates appealing and catchy advertisements.
- Writes advertisements for newspapers, magazines, television, billboards and shops.
- Produces brochures and reports.
- Utilises computers to produce professionally designed documents.
- Prepares proposals to win work contracts.
- Produces graphics for clients’ approval.
Advertising & Promotions Executive
- Plans and carries out advertising campaigns for a product or service effectively and efficiently.
- Understands the complexity of different advertising media, print and video production techniques, copywriting, event management and dealing with people at different levels.
- Oversees each project and provides support for both the accounts and creative teams.
- Ensures the smooth flow of projects and strict adherence to schedules.
Public Relations Manager
- Creates and maintains public awareness about the products or services.
- Develops and maintains relations with the mass media.
- Prepares speeches, press releases and brochures, advertisements etc.
- Co-ordinates special events, promotions, exhibitions etc.
A summary of the jobs that you can work as in Malaysia
- Multimedia Producer
- Broadcast Producer
- Film Producer/Director
- Creative Director
- Digital Designer
- Advertising Manager
- Media Manager
- Research Manager
- Brand Manager
- Account Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Internet Marketing Manager
Career Prospects for Mass Communication Graduates in Malaysia
- Corporate Relations
- Public Relations
- Event Management
- Campaign Management
- Account Servicing
- Business Development
- Market Analysis
- Editorial Management
- Feature Writing
- News Reporting
- Visual Development
- Brand Development
- Broadcast Producer
- Visual Director
Top Rated Mass Communication UK Dual Award Degree Programmes at Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of taking mass communication may go for the Diploma in Communication or Foundation in Communication at Taylor’s University. Both pathways take the same time to complete a degree. Students may choose 5 mass communication majors for their degree at Taylor’s University. The majors are Advertising, Broadcasting, Public Relations, Public Relations & Event Management or Public Relations & Marketing. Students who are not sure of which arts-related course may take the Foundation in Arts at Taylor’s. Taylor’s University is acknowledged to be the best university for mass communication in Malaysia having won many awards and an excellent industry-centred curriculum.
Taylor’s University is acknowledged to be the best university for mass communication in Malaysia having won many awards and an excellent industry-centred curriculum.
Taylor’s University School of Communication
Established in 2000, Taylor’s School of Communication prepares students for the demands of the working world through substantive courses, hands-on projects and assignments, and exposure to the industry.
The faculty members have the experience that run the gamut of the profession’s core areas: advertising, broadcasting, journalism, event management, media management, multimedia studies and public relations. Drawing on the strength of experts from the industry and the School’s partnership with the University of West of England (UWE), UK, the communication programmes offer a balanced theoretical and practical approach that enable students to gain the following:
- Contemporary thinking on key issues
- Exposure to real-life practices through industry attachment
- Hands-on campaign planning and implementation
- Familiarisation of technology
- A global outlook, with an appreciation of local needs
The School produces graduates with critical, analytical and strategic thinking skills and a broad range of knowledge. The curriculum is structured to equip students with the ability to write, think out of the box, strategise and present effectively. Our graduates are trained not only to be strong communication technicians, but also skilled strategists.
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (Advertising)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (Broadcasting)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (Public Relations & Event Management)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (Public Relations & Marketing)
- Diploma in Communication
- Foundation in Communication
- Masters in Communication
Best Private University in Malaysia for the Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie
University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU’s Communication degree course enables you to explore the media industry in greater depth in areas such as Media Marketing or Visual Communication. Enhance your presentation and critical thinking skills as you learn more about corporate ethics, communication law and principles of multimedia design.
Enjoy greater exposure to and recognition by the UOWM KDU – Institute of Public Relations Malaysia Student Association (IPRMSA) Chapter. You will have ample opportunities to put into practice the theories of communication by working in teams on different challenges.
Whether you choose to work eventually in journalism, advertising or corporate communication, you can tackle the various challenges in the industry confidently as the course is designed to hone a wide range of skills expected of a communications trendsetter of the future.
Specialisation Subjects Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie (Choose 2)
Corporate Communication Specialisation
- Corporate Identity and Brand Packaging
- Event Management
- Public Relations Management
- Public Relations Campaign Skills: Theory & Strategy
- Public Relations Writing
- Media Relations
- Crisis Communication and Management
Advertising Media Management Specialisation
- Creative Industries
- Consumer Behaviour
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Interactive Media Promotions
- Media Buying and Planing
- Principles of Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
Journalism & Broadcasting Specialisation
- Broadcast Media Production
- Citizen Journalism and Participatory Culture
- Creative Industries
- Digital Photography and Imaging
- Print and Broadcast Journalism
- Radio Production
- Writing for the Screen
Visual Communication Specialisation
- Broadcast Media Production
- Corporate Identity and Brand Packaging
- Design Fundamental
- Digital Photography and Imaging
- Principles of Marketing
- Publication Design
- Visual Concepts and Ideation
Best Bachelor of Communication (Hons.) (Strategic Communication) Degree Course in Malaysia at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 5 relevant credits wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Strategic Communication can enter the MQA Accredited Foundation in English course at Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya. Upon completion of the recognised 1-year Foundation in English, students will continue on to the 3-year Bachelor of Communication (Hons.) (Strategic Communication) Degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the degree programme. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation making them the best choice for a successful career in Malaysia.
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best Bachelor of Communication (Hons.) (Strategic Communication) degree in Malaysia that’s affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in English as well as the degree programmes.
In a media-dominated global environment where communication and media technologies are in high demand, communication studies become indisputably relevant. The Faculty of Applied Communication at Multimedia University (MMU) seeks to expand education opportunities that encapsulate the various aspects of communication studies in order to produce graduates who are sought after in today’s challenging media and communication industry.
If you have your heart set on a career in the communication industry, Multimedia University (MMU) is the university for you. MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as a strategic communicator. MMU seeks to empower their students with both expertise and knowledge. The university is committed to offer programmes that will enhance your depth and perception as well as employability in the field.
The Bachelor of Communication (Hons.) (Strategic Communication) at Multimedia University (MMU)
Cyberjaya focuses on the development of creativity, innovation, analytical and practical knowledge as well as skills directed towards strategic applications of communication to societal issues and organisational objectives.
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Applied Communication underscores the discipline of human communication by involving theoretical principles and engaging practical instruments. Our programme covers a spectrum of applied communication approaches, including the development of creativity, inquiry, innovation, knowledge and skills. We also have strong collaborations with global industry leaders who are ready to share their knowledge to keep you up-to-the-minute with current and future industry needs.
MMU was the first private university approved by the Malaysian government. We adhere to the strictest requirements for a high quality degree; going beyond academic excellence to offer the best, complete and balanced university experience for our students. A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that MMU is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment – a testament to the quality of our academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and our solid reputation with the industries. One of the university’s primary objectives is to be able to inspire and innovate others. We understand that the future lies in technology, and we are adamant to help shape people who will help make a better tomorrow.
Career Prospects: Corporate Communication Professional, Media Writer, Advertising and Sales Promotion Executive, Strategic Communication Programme Personnel, Corporate Communication Officer, Public Information Officer, Media Broadcaster, Communication Adviser, Public Relations Personnel, Publicity Consultant.
Multimedia University (MMU) is Top in Malaysia for Strategic Communication Studies
- Multimedia University (MMU) Strategic Communication degree focuses on language where students are expected to be proficient in 3 languages: English, their mother tongue and foreign languages (Spanish, Korean, French, Japanese and Mandarin)
- Multimedia University (MMU) is the only Malaysian university focused on strategic communication
- A programme that is tailored to the industry’s needs, with multimedia know-how embedded in the curriculum Professional internship and practical exposure to offer students transformational experiences and confidence
- International cultural exchange opportunities with foreign universities that expose MMU students to cross-cultural and global communication
- Real life industry exposure via projects that are mentored by NGOs and industry leaders in media and PR
Affordable Mass Communication Degree Course at Top Ranked UCSI University
The BA (Hons) Mass Communication degree programme at UCSI University offers students an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of Mass Communication in today’s fast changing world. It synthesizes theories, research, practical and intellectual discourses on critical issues in order to develop and instill within students the potential to achieve performance and inculcate leadership qualities in the field of Mass Communication.
The Communication degree at UCSI University is unique in that you can major in either:
- Film & Television
- Marketing Communications
Co-Operative Education Training Programme for Every Year of Degree at UCSI University
With its innovative academic curriculum, UCSI University students also enjoy the unique benefits of its Co-Operative Education Training Programme (Co-Op) that enhances their employability by integrating classroom learning with workplace training in Co-Op employer organisations.
Completing two months’ work experience for every study year, a UCSI University student would have six to eight months’ work experience to stand ready for full-time employment upon their graduation.
Currently, UCSI University has more than 1,000 employer organisations registered as heir Co-Op employers. With the number rising annually, these partnerships create job opportunities for students to be job-ready upon their graduation.
Get a Media Marketing Degree Course at the Top Ranked Asia Pacific University
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Media Marketing degree program at the top ranked Asia Pacific University in Malaysia is specifically designed to provide:
- A thorough understanding of the issues relating to effective human computer interaction.
- A clear appreciation of the user interface and the skills to develop interactive multimedia applications.
- An opportunity to undertake a major project where the acquired knowledge and research skills will be used to explore an aspect of media marketing.
The Media Marketing Degree course at Asia Pacific University is a combination of the best in Mass Communication with Marketing subjects to ensure the graduate will have solid skills to work as a top Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia.
The Media Marketing student at APU will have gained the practical skills of a mass communication student and yet have the keen strategic insight of a marketing student.
The international student environment mixed in with top Malaysian students allows the Media Marketing student at Asia Pacific University to interact with different cultures gaining valuable insights and ideas as well as having to communicate in English thus improving their language skills. Studying Media Marketing at Asia Pacific University is one of the best choices you can make as a student in Malaysia.