Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia Offering the Best Marketing Degree Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
A good marketing degree will prepare you for a wide range of careers. In addition, marketing is one of the fastest-growing industries and well paid too! You will learn what drives a business, and you get to be creative and strategic. Students are attracted to it because they want to build a solid foundation of business skills as well as the added bonus of developing their skills in marketing. Students who are interested in business, psychology or social studies could be suited to a degree in this exciting field. Marketing covers everything from advertising to market research, so it appeals to a wide variety of students and you’ll have time during your studies to discover which field you enjoy the most .
In oder to succeed in the competitive world of marketing & business, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia offering first rate degree courses in marketing management. These universities, with their experience, can help prepare you well and fine tune your skills. Students have to look at the environment of the university, student culture, facilities, lecturers’s experience, and internship opportunities to see which one best fits your needs and career goals.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, Whatsapp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Universities for Marketing Management Degree Course in Malaysia
A top university would have the resources to equip students with sound knowledge and skills to succeed in the fast paced and dynamic world of marketing. Solid internship programmes, talks from those within the industry and a vibrant globalised student environment are some of the factors that could set you apart.
Furthermore, students should choose top universities in Malaysia for marketing that has an English-speaking environment so that it will help you to improve your language skills. Good English is important to obtain higher salaries and faster promotions in Malaysia. English-speaking environments promote critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills which enhance your career prospects.
The best universities & colleges in Malaysia for Marketing are:
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Taylor’s University
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- UCSI University
- KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- HELP University
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- First City University College
Do you meet the Entry Requirements to Study Marketing?
Students who have completed a Pre-University course such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the marketing management degree provided they meet the minimum entry requirements. Generally, it would be an average of 60% to enter.
Those after secondary school with SPM or O-Levels should have at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Marketing degree programme. The Foundation in Arts would have less business subjects while the Foundation in Business course would focus more on business subjects. Those who are still not sure of which arts stream courses to take should choose the Foundation in Arts.
Alternatively, they can take the Diploma in Business Administration course for 2 years and then continue on to the final part of the Marketing degree depending on exemptions.
What type of Students should Take up the Marketing Course?
Marketing is an exciting career and most companies need marketing professionals to bring in the profits. Good marketing professionals must have a strategic mindset with a good understanding of consumer behaviour. Students who have an interest in Psychology may choose to study marketing as it would involve the understanding of human behaviour.
Potential marketing students should also be outgoing, like interacting with people, and have be good in mathematics as marketing professionals will need to use statistics found in market research to strategise their marketing plans. You will use the research to understand the buying behaviour of the customers and then come up with a strategy to make sure the product or brand will appear at the right time and place, to increase the chances of a sale.
Students who like maths, strategy, interacting with people and an active job environment can choose to study marketing. A career in Marketing in Malaysia can bring a high salary if you are good. To be successful in the competitive world of marketing career, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study the marketing degree course.
How to Choose the Right Private University in Malaysia to Study Marketing Management
There are many private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the marketing course. Therefore, it can be confusing for some. In addition, having chosen the wrong university would be an incredible waste of your time and money, not to mention your future career as well. Take time and effort to visit the universities and talk to the counsellors.
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia to study marketing:
Recognition & Reputation of the Courses in Malaysia
- Is the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree course popular at that university?
- What is the reputation or ranking of the private university in Malaysia? Global ranking by QS World University Rankings or locally by MQA in the SETARA 2013
- Are the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Are the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Are the marketing Diploma or Degree courses accredited and recognised by relevant professional bodies in Malaysia?
- Awards won by the university, staff or students for the particular course of interest. The number of awards won would be a guide on how good the university is for the course.
Academic Quality of the Marketing Courses at the University in Malaysia
- Subjects offered in the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Entry requirements for the Foundation, Diploma & Degree courses at the university in Malaysia (Foreign branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- What is the Class size for the course (Small class size for personal attention)
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Ask your friends who have studied there or currently studying there for their opinion on the teaching quality, environment and facilities.
- Type of programme (local degree, 3+0 UK or Australian degree, 4+0 American degree, degree transfer programme, etc)
- What are the Entry Requirements for the marketing Foundation, Diploma & Degree courses at the university (Foreign Branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements for their courses)
- Does the university have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that university?
- What is the duration of the course? When are the intake dates?
Facilities at the University for the Course of Interest in Malaysia
- Location of the university. Is it in the city, suburbs or country side? Some students prefer a city life while other students prefer a quieter university environment away from the city.
- Size of the university. Courses such as engineering would require larger campuses with technologically advanced facilities, labs and software. Design courses basically require computers & software with small classes for personal attention.
- Transportation. Is the university accessible to you? What are the public transportation available? If you drive, is there ample parking?
- Campus resources (labs, library or resource centre, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
- Facilities for your course of interest. Labs, computers, software, etc.
Cost for your Foundation, Diploma or Degree Studies in Malaysia
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (Costs for university studies in Malaysia would include tuition, hostel, food, transportation, entertainment, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? (Off-campus apartments, houses, condominiums) Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, safe & secure, etc.?
Student Environment and Activities at the University
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- Size of the university or college in Malaysia. Some students prefer a large campus with sports facilities and other resources while other students like small colleges with family-like environment.
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.) Universities with a good proportion of international students will help you to improve your English language skills since you would need to communicate with them in English. In addition, you will learn about their culture, behavior and discover new ideas. These skills will be useful to you when you work overseas or in a multi-national company.
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Is the university campus is a safe area? Safety within the campus and outside.
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
Studying the Marketing Course at a Top Private University in Malaysia
On a marketing management course at the undergraduate level in a university in Malaysia, there are a number of different subjects that will be studied. A marketing management course sets students up for working in any business in the future and there are a variety of course options you can progress in. Marketing provides for many interesting and engaging career prospects after studying. The topics in a marketing management course cover all the various elements of a marketing business environment that helps individuals apply their theoretical knowledge, practically.
Marketing Management degrees help students to develop not only their personal skills but also presentation skills. Part of Marketing Management is about communication, so studying it will help improve your skills both individually as well as working in a team. This leaves marketing graduates looking more appealing to future employers in Malaysia as they have the skills that businesses look for, as you can show you understand all the particular elements of marketing management.
Marketing is an excellent course to study if you are interested in consumer behaviour. It will provide you of an understanding of buying patterns and attitudes while also looking at the psychology behind certain marketing techniques. You will learn all about the branding elements to make a brand successful and the various communication tools that can help in that process.
By specialising in marketing management, you will gain an understanding of the principal methods and techniques of marketing and the crucial role it plays in increasingly complex and competitive domestic and global markets. The marketing management course offers the opportunity to study how modern marketing management acquires cutting-edge knowledge about consumer behaviour and consumption patterns, as well as strategy and innovation to enable the development of long-term relationships with customers.
Internship or Co-Op Programmes at top universities in Malaysia allows you as a student to apply the marketing theory in a real job situation. This will help you develop your skills for the work you have to do on your course, as you will have a better understanding of how things work in marketing.
What Subjects You Will Study in the Marketing Degree Course at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
It is important that when choosing the right university to study at, you should look at the subjects offered. Many students make the mistake in assuming that subjects for courses are the same at all universities. Look through the subjects from the universities’ brochures and see which ones fit your academic and career goals.
- Understanding the Consumer
- Services Marketing
- Marketing in Society
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing and Globalisation
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- B2B Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Customer Lifestyle and Behavior
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Marketing People, Places and Performance
- Retail Marketing Management
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- One to One Marketing
- Business Research Methods
- Relationship Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Current Issues in Marketing
- Marketing Promotion
Working as a Marketing Professional in Malaysia
A marketing management degree from a top university in Malaysia will open many doors for you in your career, as it is an integral and in-demand job for most companies. The skills and techniques you’ll learn while studying marketing management can help you later on in your career.
Marketing is a diverse field to work in. Your role as a marketing specialist can fall within several areas, whether it is data based research and analysis of consumer behaviour, or the more interactive task of selling and promoting a service or product to other people. This provides a career in where you can choose your area of work preference, as for those who relish the challenge of networking and creating business relationships will be sure to thrive, and those who prefer a more behind the scenes role in the marketing process will be satisfied with market research or database.
Through the knowledge gained from the marketing management degree programme in Malaysia, graduates will understand how to undertake crucial tasks such as competitor analysis, which allows a business to focus on their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. External factors such as political, economic, social and technological are also learnt through a competitor analysis. It is important to understand the effects that each of these can have on a business.
Marketeers will always be in demand in Malaysia and globally. As long as the concept of an economy exists, and as long as businesses within that economy exist, marketing is always going to be in demand. The marketing role in a business is such an important component as it relates directly to their profit. It is the method by which a service’s quality and usefulness is transmitted to potential customers, and is therefore an indispensable to the business machine. A degree in marketing management, especially from a top private university in Malaysia, will provide you with a skills set which has no expiry date!
Marketing is a form of communication between the brand and and its customers with the goal of selling the product or service to them. Communicating the value of the product or service is a key aspect of marketing. The management process through which goods and services move from concept and finally to the customer.
The marketing process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer. It includes the coordination of four areas called the 4 P’s of marketing:
- Product – Identification, selection and development of a product
- Price – Determination of its price
- Place – Selection of a distribution channel to reach the customer’s place. figuring out placement in order to reach customers. Selecting a distribution channel for the product to reach the customer’s place or a place where the customer can reach the product
- Promotion – Development and implementation of a promotional strategy.
Developing a marketing plan is an important way to begin forming this strategy for reaching customers and encouraging them to buy. Marketing is based on thinking about the business in terms of customer needs and their satisfaction.
Marketing is different from selling because selling is concerned with the tricks and techniques of getting people to exchange their cash for your product. It is not concerned with the values that the exchange is all about. Whereas marketing views the entire business process that includes a tightly integrated effort to discover, create, arouse and satisfy customer needs.
Marketing is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising. Marketing is the science and art of exploring, creating, and delivering value to satisfy the needs of a target market at a profit.
Marketing identifies unfulfilled needs and desires. It defines, measures and quantifies the size of the identified market and the profit potential. It pinpoints which segments the company is capable of serving best and it designs and promotes the appropriate products and services.
In other words, marketing has less to do with getting customers to pay for your product as it does developing a demand for that product and fulfilling the customer’s needs. Good marketing professionals are always in demand in Malaysia and can command high salaries. Many universities in Malaysia offer the degree in marketing therefore it can be confusing to choose the best university that fits you.
Not all universities and marketing programmes are the same. It is important to choose the best university that fits your needs and career goals. The university should be reputable with many years of experience, ample facilities, experienced lecturers, English-speaking student environment, and an international environment.
After SPM, UEC, O-Levels, A-Levels or STPM , students who like maths, strategy, interacting with people and an active job environment can choose to study marketing. A career in Marketing in Malaysia can bring a high salary if you are good. To be successful in the competitive world of marketing career, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study the marketing degree course.
Career Prospects for Marketing Professionals in Malaysia
Marketing graduates can work in almost any industry such as health care, advertising, IT, insurance, banking, health products, food & beverage, hospitality, travel & tourism, fashion, education, construction, property, and more.
They can begin work as executives in marketing, customer service, FMCG, business development, public relations, market research, retail management, consultants, account servicing, sales, and more.
With knowledge of marketing in both domestic and international markets, you can aspire to be a professional in marketing management, marketing research, public relations and promotions activities, sales management and sales.
Good marketing professionals can earn a lot when they become marketing managers, directors, or as Vice-President. Top marketing professionals in Malaysia can earn from RM5000-RM20,000 or more a month.