Find Out More Details about the UK Top Ranked Mechanical Engineering Degree Course at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Although Heriot-Watt University’s campus in Malaysia is new, the campus benefits from Heriot-Watt University’s 190-year history that began in 1821. Bringing with it hundreds of years of UK education experience to Malaysian students.
With thousands of graduates in Mechanical Engineering coming out each year, it is important to set yourself apart from the rest to secure a job with an excellent career. Students can now obtain a top ranked UK university mechanical engineering degree in Malaysia from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 14th in the Complete University Guide 2017 (UK) for Mechanical Engineering.
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 18th by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for Mechanical Engineering.
- Heriot-Watt University in the top 4% of universities globally, based on approximately 10,000 universities in the world
- Heriot-Watt University is Ranked Top 10 in the UK for General Engineering in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Heriot-Watt University is Ranked in the top universities worldwide for mechanical engineering in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is the best university of choice to study mechanical engineering in Malaysia with its excellent academics, top notch facilities, strategic location, and student experience. The new state-of-the-art campus at Putrajaya is set to produce top engineers in the coming years.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Course Information, Entry Requirements, Fees & Intake Dates for the Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Modern society needs high-quality Mechanical Engineering graduates for their professional mechanical engineering skills and expertise. Heriot-Watt University is proud that our graduates are constantly in demand for these skills.
Mechanical Engineers play key roles in all industrial sectors ranging from aerospace, oil and gas, through food and transport to manufacturing, chemical and entertainment industries.
Mechanical Engineering offers an exciting environment where many skills are brought together to create innovative products and the infrastructure and technology for manufacture.
This Bachelor degree aims to produce graduate Engineers who are able to meet society’s needs by the creation of products or processes that benefit the individual or economy.
Many of the courses contextualise mechanical engineering science principles with mini-projects and students will work in groups to produce a solution to an engineering problem. The core courses of Design and Manufacture and Business Awareness, Safety and Sustainability are particularly aimed at bringing knowledge from all engineering science disciplines together in a project.
The individual project in year three allows students to become specialists in an area of their choice by working with an academic member of staff on a particular niche area of Mechanical Engineering.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link.Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
First year Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The First Year Mechanical Engineering Subjects at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia include
- Strength of Materials
- Machine Dynamics
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Fluid Dynamics
- Materials Engineering (part of Mechanical Engineering Sciences)
- Design and Manufacture
- DC motors
Second year Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Second Year Mechanical Engineering Subjects include:
- Strength of Materials
- Machine Dynamics
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Fluid Dynamics
- Materials Engineering (part of Mechanical Engineering)
- Design and Manufacture Sciences
- Business and Sustainability
- Optional choice – Programming or Energy Studies
Third year Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Students choose specialist subjects and carry out an individual project drawn from a range of topics.
Taught subjects include: Manufacturing and Design assignments; and options from Fluid Mechanics; Thermodynamics; Strength of Materials; and Machine Dynamics.
An individual project and Design and Manufacture projects are core to this year of study.
Accreditation of the Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
In accordance with Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s normal practice, their professionally orientated programmes are designed
to meet the educational requirements for membership of relevant professional institutions.
In addition to accreditation within Malaysia, the university seeks accreditation by the relevant UK or international professional bodies in accordance with their standard procedures.
BEng graduates, with work experience and additional matching sections (higher level academic study), are eligible for accreditation by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in the UK.
The programme has been approved by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the Ministry of Education (MOE). For registration by Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) a four year undergraduate MEng programme is required. In addition, relevant work experience is required for accreditation by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in the UK.
Teaching and assessment
Teaching methods range from lectures, tutorial classes and mentor sessions, to workshop and laboratory activities supported by group and individual projects. Assessment is by examination, coursework, presentations, group project and individual project, the balance being appropriate to the different teaching methods used in the courses.
Entry requirements for Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science: CCCC
- GCE A-Level: BBB
- STPM: BBB
- Diploma deemed recognised by the Malaysian Government
- Any other relevant qualification deemed recognised by the Malaysian Government.
The subjects studied must include Mathematics and Physics.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6 is required.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
Heriot-Watt University is ranked 352nd in the world, 40th in UK and 7th in Scotland for the QS World’s Top Universities. This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
- Heriot-Watt has been ranked 47th in world, 3rd in UK, and 1st in Scotland, in the QS world ranking of universities under 50 years of age.
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
QS World’s University Rankings 2016/17
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 327th in the world, 41st in UK and 7th in Scotland
- This places Heriot-Watt University in the top 4% of universities globally, based on approximately 10,000 universities in the world
- The University was also ranked in the UK top ten for our proportion of international students and international faculty.
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016
- Top 50 worldwide for Mineral & Mining Engineering (34th in the world)
- Top 150 worldwide for Civil & Structural Engineering
- Ranked in the top universities worldwide for eight subjects: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mineral & Mining Engineering, Computer Science & Information Systems, Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy.
Heriot-Watt University consistently achieves high ranking across a number of key university league tables:
- Guardian University Guide 2016 – 18th place Overall
- National Student Survey 2013 – 11th in the UK and second in Scotland
- The Complete University Guide 2016 – 37th Overall
- Times Higher Education World University Ranking – 22nd in the world for ‘International outlook’
- Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 – 41st in the UK and sixth in Scotland
Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’
THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.
- In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 27th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ranked 27th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- 2nd in UK for Building and Town & Country Planning
- 3rd in UK for Accounting and Finance
- Top 10 in the UK for Economics, Physics and Fashion & Textiles.
- 1st in Scotland for Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Economics, and
- Mechanical Engineering
- 2nd in Scotland for six subjects: Business Management & Marketing, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Fashion & Textiles, Modern Languages & Linguistics, and Physics.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Overall, 37th out of 128 institutions in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Top ten in the UK for Building, Town & Country Planning and Landscape and General Engineering
- Top in Scotland for Building, Chemical Engineering, Town & Country Planning and Landscape, and top 3 in Scotland for: Art & Design, Chemistry, Economics, General Engineering, Mathematics and German.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide 2017 (UK)
- 34th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Top ten in the UK for Building, Chemical Engineering, Art & Design and Town & Country Planning
- We are ranked in the top 25 for : Accounting & Finance, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering
- Within Scotland Heriot-Watt University is 1st for Building and Town & Country Planning and 2nd for Art & Design