Find Out Details for UOWM KDU Mechatronic Engineering Fees, Intakes & Course Information
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering with Honours at UOW Malaysia KDU University College, is a multidisciplinary field of science that includes a combination of mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering. This program is suitable for students who are passionate and interested in understanding new designs or developing new sensors, actuators, control algorithms and use advanced functional materials for the design of mechanical systems.
This program is designed to meet the surge of innovation and emergence of new technologies required by modern industries to sustain global competitiveness which makes mechatronic engineers as a hybrid graduate that are able to tackle a wide range of challenges in the industry. Every industry needs mechatronics engineers to continue to rapidly develop innovative products with performance, which delivers quality at a lower cost. This makes the scope and applications of mechatronics relevant and vibrant for many years to come with a steady increase in demand from the industry.
The Mechatronic program at UOW Malaysia KDU University College is a perfect balance between mechanical and electronic engineering geared to provide both theory and laboratory work to enable students to understand the principles underlying the application of intelligent controllers and systems. Students will mature through the practical application of concepts and theory that will be carried out in cutting-edge laboratories. UOW Malaysia KDU Mechatronics students have the unique prospect to gain hands-on experience in the integrated design of mechanical, electrical, and software systems. Other than that, students are also exposed to the real world as UOW Malaysia KDU established academic linkages with industry players for capstone project design, guest seminars, industrial enhancement skills as well as support for project-based learning and internship.
University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus, an institution that has over 36 years of history and experience, believes in providing real world education and has been successful in producing competent graduates and preparing students for top universities all over the world.
Find out more about the UOW Malaysia KDU Mechatronic Engineering Course Information, the fees, entry requirements and intake dates. Malaysian students now can obtain a top ranked Australian degree at the University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Learn the Essentials of Mechatronic Engineering for Endless Possibilities at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU
BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN ACADEMIC AND INDUSTRY DESIGN-CENTRIC CURRICULUM
Hands-on learning and real-world experience are crucial in ensuring our students, as future engineers, stay current and remain relevant when they begin their career. Actively engaging industry experts and exposing students to real-life practices, as well as the development of real-life projects are some of the ways we ensure our students set themselves apart and are more grounded from their exposure to the different challenges faced in the industry. Engineering courses at UOW Malaysia KDU emphasize on Design-Centric Curriculum (DCC), with Design Thinking as the grounding principle of teaching and learning. Students are required to engage in design assignments, Capstone projects and Problem-Based Learning (PBL) to develop their skills in design, complex problem-solving, project management, teamwork, lifelong learning and complex communication.
COMPETITIVE SYLLABUS TO ENHANCE ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS.
Industry Advisory Panel:
- UOWM KDU Industry Advisory Panel is made up of various industry professionals and engineers, who provide valuable industry insights to enhance their curriculum and students’ learning. Panel members include those from ABB Malaysia, ProvenPac and YTL Construction, just to name a few.
- UOWM KDU students are required to complete Final Year engineering projects, which are collaborations with the industry, based on real-world challenges posed by selected organisations. These projects challenge and test students’ skill and creativity in solving complex, real-world problems.
- Students are provided with exposure to real-world work environment and processes through industrial visits to various plants, sites and organisations, such as MRT construction sites, Energy Commission of Malaysia, MEASAT Satellite Systems and Fraser and Neave, just to name a few.
Young Professional Experience:
- Through the Young Professional Experience sharing sessions, UOWM KDU engineering students are able to gain insights on various engineering industries and learn more about the experiences of young engineers, some of whom include Mr Loo Ping Yew (R. Stahl Engineering & Manufacturing), and Chin Ze Wei (Schneider Electric).
Industrial Training Partners:
- Industrial training not only enables UOWM KDU students to brush up on their engineering knowledge and skills but also strengthens their communication skills and emotional quotient. Some collaborative linkage that provide placements for UOW Malaysia KDU’s engineering students to undergo attachment to gain related experience as well as exposure to the engineering practice in an actual workplace settings.
Industrial Project And Consultancy Partners:
- Collaborative linkage that crafts a platform on joint technical initiatives and projects that integrates element of research that provide specific solution development and expertise to help solve partners challenges.
Tuition Fees at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus
Tuition Fees for the courses at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus are affordable. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the latest fee schedule.
Intake Dates for Mechatronic engineering at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus
Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact intake dates.
- Foundation intakes are in January, March, May and September of each year.
- Diploma intakes are in January, March, May, September and November of each year.
- Degree intakes are in January, May, September and November of each year.
After SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, students may take the Foundation in Engineering for 1 year before entering into the 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree. You will need at least 5 credits including Maths & Physics and passes in BM & Sejarah.
Another pathway after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels is taking the 2-year Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Mechatronic Engineering degree for another 3 years. To enter you will need at least 3 credits including Maths & 1 science subject; and passes in BM & Sejarah.
- GCE A Levels :
2 Principal Passes (2Es) inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- STPM :
2 Principal Passes (2Cs) inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- UEC :
Min. 5 Credits (5Bs) inclusive of Mathemathics and Physics
- Diploma :
Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.00
- Foundation Studies :
Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.00
- Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (or as stated in the Document Senarai Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik, Malaysian Qualifications Agency):
Pass (Subject to review and approval of certified transcripts)
- Local Student:
Band 3 in MUET
- International Student:
Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a min score of 46 (IBT) or 454 (PBT) in TOEFL ; or score 42 and above for Pearson English Test
*If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at UOW Malaysia KDU.
Subjects for the Mechatronic engineering degree at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Computer Programming for Engineers
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering CAD
- Engineering Design Fundamentals
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Circuit Theory
- Analogue Electronics
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Digital Electronics
- Principles of Microcontroller Systems
- Electric Machines
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Engineering Ethics, Safety and Environment
- Numerical Methods
- Component Design
- Signals and Systems
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Control Systems
- Manufacturing Processes
- Automation and Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Power Electronics
- Capstone Project
- Engineering Project Management
- Computer and Machine Vision
- Electric Machines and Drive Systems
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Final Year Project 1
- Advanced Control Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Industrial Training
- Final Year Project 2
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Autonomous Robotics Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- MEMS Sensors and Actuators
- Radio Communication Systems
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Robotics Kinematics and Control
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Life in Malaysia
- Hubungan Etnik (Malaysian Students)
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (Malaysian Students)
- Pengajian Malaysia 3 (International Students)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International Students)
Engineering Facilities at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus
UOWM KDU dedicates over 12,000 square feet of spaces solely for the Engineering centre with state-of-the-art workshop facilities and equipment.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Lab – With 8 electrical, electronic and communication-specific labs around, students have all the resources to execute their projects.
- Mechanical Engineering Lab – Students are provided work spaces over 6 specialised mechanical and mechatronics labs.
About University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU
UOW Malaysia KDU, an institution that has over 36 years of history and experience, believes in providing real world education to meet real world needs, and has traditionally, been successful in producing competent graduates and preparing students for top universities all over the world. Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, UOW Malaysia KDU was one of the first private colleges in Malaysia to have its own purpose-built campus. UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College began its chapter when it opened its door to its first batch of students in 1991 and since then, it has grown by leaps and bounds.
UOW Malaysia KDU College was then awarded the university college status in 2010 – a reflection of its quality programmes, and the growth of its international student population. In 2015, UOW Malaysia KDU University College moved to its new flagship campus at Utropolis, Glenmarie, with its state-of-the-art facilities and a contemporary teaching and learning environment. The 10-acre flagship campus features nine fully equipped 250-capacity lecture halls, 60 state-of-the-art classrooms, a multipurpose hall, computer labs, game showcase area and informal collaboration spaces.
UOW Malaysia KDU has about 6,000 students, including international students, at three campuses with a fourth being built at Batu Kawan, Penang. Its campuses are UOW Malaysia KDU University College at Utropolis Glenmarie, UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College, and UOW Malaysia KDU College, in Damansara Jaya.
In November 2018, Paramount Corporation Berhad entered into a strategic partnership with University of Wollongong (UOW), to enhance its tertiary education business. With strong alignment between missions, values and course offerings, UOW Malaysia aims to pave the way of excellence by providing a high-quality educational experience to nurture graduates with a truly international outlook and to become future global leaders.
General Facilities at University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie campus
- Cafeteria – A melting pot of food and life, students from all walks of life and schools gather here for their daily feast.
- Computer Lab – A number of computers all at the ready for our students’ access, connected to the free high speed WIFI service available on campus.
- Student Lounge – A student hotspot equipped with comfortable furniture for students to ease their minds.
- Library – The Utropolis Glenmarie library is spread out over 50,000 square feet, fitted with a coffee bar, Zen garden reading lounge, quiet study and learning pods.
- Learning Pod- Students can have the space they need in order to focus on studies at hand at the private Learning Pod.
- Atrium – Wide open space often bathed with natural sunlight.