Top Electronic Engineering Degree in Malaysia at First City University College, Malaysia
Affordable & Recognised Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics Engineering at First City UC
This Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College equips students with the knowledge that electronic engineers must have. This ranges from essential mathematical concepts to circuitry, control systems, signal processing and electronic system design. The curriculum has been developed and approved by the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) which will lead to a professional engineer status.
With 3 credits in SPM in the relevant subjects, you can go for the Diploma in Electronic Engineering or Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at First City University College. After the 2.5-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College. Alternatively, with 5 credits in SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels including Maths and Physics, students can enter the Foundation in Engineering and Technology for 1 year and then into the 4-year engineering degree.
Students should choose top private universities in Malaysia for their electrical & electronic engineering education so that you can gain the best knowledge and skills for a successful career.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Private University in Malaysia for the Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree at First City University College
This Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College equips students with a broad range of knowledge and technical skills required of a certified electronic engineer.
They will study modules focusing on electronic devices & circuit design, control systems, signal processing, electronic system design, microchips design, mobile communications, embedded systems programming & interfacing.
Emphasis is placed on analytical and problem-solving skills, interpersonal and engineering management skills, project management and product development driven by project-based learning preparing graduates for the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0.
Students use Mentor Graphics, an industrial standard software, for Microchips and Integrated Circuit design. Students will be registered with the Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM). Also, students will undergo internships where they will gain hands-on experience.
The curriculum has been developed and approved by the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) which will lead to a professional engineer status.
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
The Programme objectives are to:
- Equip graduates with technical knowledge and skills in the field of electronic engineering.
- Produce engineers who adhere to social, ethical and professional practices.
- Empower graduates with the ability to provide innovative and creative engineering solutions.
- Produce graduates who can work globally and engage in research and life-long learning.
The Programme educational objectives are to:
- Produce electronic engineering graduates with knowledge and skills and committed to professional, social, ethical and human responsibility.
- Equip graduates with ability to solve realistic problems by exercising original thought and judgement.
- Produce graduates that adapt global working environment and be able to engage in research and life-long learning.
Why Study Engineering at First City UC?
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories
Electronic Engineering Degree Entry Requirements
- STPM – Minimum 2Cs (including Mathematics and Physics)
- UEC – Minimum 5Bs (including Mathematics and Physics)
- GCE A-LEVEL – Minimum 2Cs (including Mathematics and Physics)
- FOUNDATION/MATRICULATION – Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0
- DIPLOMA – Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0 / Diploma (Level 4, MQF) in the related field
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS – Equivalent qualifications which are recognized by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Intake – June and September of each year
Duration – 4 Years
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College
- Engineering Practice and Communication Skills
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Circuit Analysis I
- Digital Electronics
- Computer Applications for Engineers
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Electromagnetic Field Theory
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Introduction to Electrical Power Technology
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Analogue Integrated Circuits Applications
- Introduction to Communication Engineering
- Programming for Engineers
- Circuit Analysis II
- Digital Communications
- Digital Circuits and Design
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Systems
- Engineering Drawing
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College
- Signals and Systems
- Analogue Systems Design
- Power Electronics
- Digital Systems Design
- Integrated Design Project
- Control Systems
- Numerical Analysis and Statistics
- Embedded System Applications
- Technology and Society
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Integrated Design Project
- Upon completion of Year 3, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training.
Year 4 Subjects for the Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College
- Final Year Project
- Digital IC Design
- Digital Signal Processing
- Project Management
- Elective I
- Microwave Engineering
- Communication Systems and Networks
- Final Year Project
- Mobile Communications
- Digital Control Systems
- Elective II
- Digital Image Processing
- Optical Communications
- Elective III
- Systems on Silicon
- Analogue Integrated Circuits Design
What are the Career Opportunities for Electronic Engineering Graduates?
- Electronic Engineering
- Microchips Design
- IoT Systems Engineering
- Communication Engineering
- Wireless/ 5G Engineering
- Antenna Design Engineering
- Radio frequency (RF) Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Instrumentation and control engineering
- Reliability Test Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering
- Project Engineering