Why You Should Study at the Best Private Universities & Colleges for Hotel Management in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Although the Covid-19 Pandemic has hit the hospitality & tourism industry badly, however, once it is over people will want to travel again and demand for hospitality & tourism professionals will once again rise in the next few years which means there would be jobs when you graduate. Therefore, now would be a good time for you to study as it will take a few years before you enter the workforce.
A Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management will introduce you to the world of hospitality, learning about how the industry works and the managerial and customer service skills you will need to succeed. The course is highly practical and suitable for students who love to interact with people and a passion for travel. Top Hospitality Management Universities offer a complete education for energetic, enthusiastic people who have a passion for people and service. The course will help you to develop your technical, supervisory and managerial abilities in the context of a global hospitality & tourism industry.
Malaysian graduates from top universities and graduates can lay a solid foundation for their careers in the fast growing global industry of hospitality and tourism. In the hotel management diploma and degree courses at top private colleges and universities in Malaysia, students will learn about managerial aspects of this business from the ground up. Furthermore, Hotel Management courses are highly practical so that you are able to transition into the work easily.
You might also be interested to read these:
- Top 5 Colleges & Universities in Malaysia for Hotel Management Courses
- How to Choose the Best College to Study Diploma in Hotel Management in Malaysia
- Best Diploma in Hotel or Hospitality Management at Top Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Affordable Top Colleges & Universities in Malaysia for the Best Diploma in Hotel Management Course
- Best Universities & Colleges in Malaysia to Study the Diploma & Degree in Hotel & Tourism Course
- Malaysia’s Best Colleges & Universities for Diploma in Hotel Management Courses
- Study Hospitality Management in Malaysia for a Career that takes you Around the World
- An Incredible Opportunity to Work Overseas with Hospitality & Tourism Qualification from Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Increased Tourism worldwide and in Malaysia means Increased Jobs for tourism & hospitality management graduates
For more information on how to choose the right course & private university in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Colleges and Universities in Malaysia for the Hotel Management or Hospitality Management
A total of 330 million jobs are supported by the hospitality & tourism industry around the world, contributing 10 per cent, or US$8.9 trillion, to the global gross domestic product each year.
The demand for well trained hospitality professionals will increase gradually in as the world slowly recovers from the pandemic. Students now can take the opportunity to study a diploma or degree which would take 2 to 4 years to complete. By then, the recovery from the pandemic should be over and tourism would start to boom again.
Students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, A-Levels or STPM must choose the best universities in Malaysia for hotel management to obtain their training so that they can be successful in the competitive hotel & tourism industry.
Studying Hotel Management at Top Colleges & Universities in Malaysia
The studies in Hotel Management covers a variety of topics concerned with the operational aspects of hoteliery. Educational courses in hotel management in Malaysia are varied and students will study topics as wide ranging as marketing, eco-tourism, leisure, business administration and management.
A Hotel Management course curriculum reinforces academic study of hospitality fundamentals with practical lessons and real-life professional experience. When you do kitchen duty, for example, your learning goes beyond culinary art.
The Hotel Manager coordinates many operational tasks of running a successful hotel. To manage a hotel requires knowledge and skills covering a variety of fields.
This is why studying hotel management in Malaysia can be so diverse and interesting. Many students find hotel management to be a rewarding and challenging degree program and a qualification that will provide employment opportunities all over the world.
An education in hotel management teaches students the skills to effectively manage different responsibilities such as reception and concierge services, restaurant and bar functions, administration, management and marketing.
Hotel Management is a career that provides extensive opportunities for graduates to travel and work abroad. Many students take the opportunity to work overseas after graduating. This provides not only a memorable experience but also a knowledge of another culture and often a foreign language. Opportunities to migrate to other countries to become citizens is also higher.
What Type of Malaysian Students Should Study Hotel Management
- Students who are friendly, love mixing around with people of all cultures
- Students who like to talk and enjoy public speaking
- Students who enjoy working in a team
- Students who love to travel and maybe work in different countries trying out new things
- Students who like history and geography
- Students who are able to handle pressure and do different tasks at the same time
- Students who are able to meet dealines
- Students who love a fast paced high energy job environment
- Students who like to help people to solve problems
- Students who have a great work attitude, hard-working and self-motivated are great for hospitality jobs
- Students who don’t mind working long hours and weekends
- Students who like to meet people from different cultures and enjoy interacting with them
- Students who are patient and put customers’ needs first and help them to solve their problems in a hotel setting
- Students who enjoy helping hotel guests find their way around the country, give them travel tips and have a great time.
Top 10 Reasons to Study Hotel Management in Malaysia
- High job demand in Malaysia
- High job demand overseas
- Hospitality jobs are stable
- Able to travel and work in different countries
- Higher opportunity to migrate overseas to become citizens
- High income salary if you are able to move up to top positions
- Many areas within the hotel or resort that you can work in
- A great sense of satisfaction in helping people to enjoy their travels
- Opportunity to learn about the rich history of other cultures
- Opportunity to work meet people from all levels of society
Entry Requirements into Hotel Management Foundation, Diploma & Degree Courses in Malaysia
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure that they want a career in the vibrant hotel industry in Malaysia or globally can choose to study the Diploma in Hotel Management at a top private college or university in Malaysia. Students will need at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels to join the 2-year Diploma in Hotel Management.
Alternatively, students with 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels can go for the Foundation in Hospitality or Foundation in Arts and then enter into Year 1 of the Hotel Management degree for 3 years. Students with the relevant results after STPM, UEC, A-Levels , South Australian Matriculation, AUSMAT, MUFY or other Pre-University programmes may enter directly into Year 1 of the degree.
PTPN Loan is available for the Diploma and degree programmes.
Sample Subjects you will Study in Hotel Management at Top Colleges and Universities in Malaysia
- Hospitality Operation Systems
- Hospitality Business
- Hospitality Service
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Hotel Operations Management
- Hospitality Tourism Geography
- Sales And Marketing In The Hospitality Industry
- Introduction To Tourism
- Business Travel Operations
- Airline Ticketing
- Tour Leading
- Tour Planning
- Tour Costing
- Destination Development
- Tourism Policy And Planning
- Special Events In Tourism
- Cultural Studies
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Basic Restaurant Service
- Fine Dining and Banquet Management
- Beverage Sales And Service
- Bar, Beverage and Barista
- Managing Service Excellence
- Kitchen Operations and Hygiene
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Cuisine & Restaurant Operations
- Wine Studies
- Business Operations : Restaurant Service Procedure
- Menu Control and Nutrition
- Food Safety And Sanitation
- Basic Food Preparation
- Food & Beverage
- Food production
- Food Nutrition
- Pastry and Bakery
- Commercial Cookery
- Front Office Management and Operations
- Housekeeping Management and Operations
- Rooms and Revenue Management
- Banquet and Events Management
- Sales And Marketing In The Hospitality Industry
- Hotel Facilities Management
- Supervision In The Hospitality Industry
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Human Resource Management
- Resort Management
- Management In The Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Law
- Customer Service
- Basic Hospitality Accounting
- Basic Business Administration
- Fundamentals Of Management
- Business Economics
- Business Mathematics
- Marketing & E-commerce for Hospitality & Tourism
- Introduction To Information Technology
It’s essential to gain experience in the industry and many hospitality courses offer an industrial placement, enabling you to put academic learning into practice. This helps to develop your transferable and subject-specific skills and provides evidence of skills and experience to employers. Placements also provide a valuable opportunity to learn from highly-experienced colleagues and can help you to discover your particular area of interest within the sector.
If you already have a specialist area in mind, opt for the closest matching environment you can find. For example, if you ultimately hope to work in a luxury hotel, apply to local hotels of a similar standard.
The hospitality sector offers good prospects for early responsibility, so if you show a willingness and ability to learn, you can gain experience of supervising and training new staff early on in your career.
Jobs in Hotel Management in Malaysia
Students must choose the best universities to obtain their training so that they can be successful in the competitive hotel & tourism industry. Having a good command of the English language will be advantageous. With the rise of China’s inbound and outbound tourism, opportunities abound for those who are proficient in both English and Mandarin.
Graduates from the Hotel Management course in Malaysia can work in the following fields.
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel and tour agencies
- Cruise ships
- Event management
- Sports and leisure
- Restaurants and catering
- Theme parks
Job options for Hotel Management Graduates in Malaysia
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Accommodation manager
- Catering manager
- Event manager
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Hotel manager
- Public house manager
- Restaurant manager
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Customer service manager
- Human resources officer
- Retail manager
- Tour manager