Banking, Finance & Investment Careers in Malaysia are High in Demand with Top Salaries
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
In today’s ever-changing world, finance graduates are highly sought-after in a cross-section of industries which each offer a variety of job opportunities. Therefore, having a finance qualification can lead to a rewarding career. A fast-track career in finance depends on a good understanding of market movements and the diverse investment market.
There are many areas in the banking and finance sector in Malaysia where each sub-sector requiring specific knowledge and skills. The key in succeeding in the banking & finance industry is choosing the right specialisation, and ensuring you find a career path that best match your abilities and interests.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Excellent Career Prospects in Banking & Finance for Malaysian Graduates from Top Private Universities
A Career in Corporate Finance in Malaysia
Corporate finance practitioners are interested in the management of funding, whether debt or equity. Positions exist on both the corporate side (big companies more so than small start-ups) and also on the financial advisory side, including Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) specialists.
Roles include financial analysts who look at the well-being of the company from a market perspective, and treasury functions that focus more on cash management and internal financial issues.
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) specialists need a wide range of skills that includes financial analysis and strong interpersonal skills, as well as jurisdictional and regional tax and legal knowledge that may affect deal-making.
A Career in Commercial Banking in Malaysia
Commercial banking offers many opportunities because of the wide scope of its operations – from front-end client facing work, to credit management and operations. To succeed in the commercial banking environment is to know your products.
Commercial banks in Malaysia place a strong emphasis on demanding management training programmes. The biggest challenge in commercial banking is to remain hungry for success. You cannot get comfortable, you need to outperform others to get noticed.
Salaries for Finance, Banking and Investment Professionals in Malaysia according to Robert Walters Salary Survey
|PERMANENT SALARY PER YEAR FOR 2015 IN MYR (RM)|
|4 – 7 Years Exp||8 – 12 Years Exp||12+ Years Exp|
|Treasury Sales||72 – 192k||192 – 360k||360k+|
|Treasury Trader||72 – 180k||180 – 264k||264k+|
|Corporate Finance||72 – 144k||144 – 264k||264k|
|Debt/Equity Capital Markets||72 – 144k||144 – 264k||264k|
|Private Equity||96 – 240k||240 – 360k||360k+|
|Fund Manager||84 – 180k||180 – 300k||300k+|
|Research Analyst||84 – 180k||180 – 300k||300k+|
|Retail Sales and Distribution||66 – 90k||90 – 192k||192k+|
|Retail Products||48 – 96k||96 – 240k||240k+|
|Cash Management||54 – 96k||96 – 240k||240k+|
|Trade Finance||54 – 96k||96 – 240k||240k+|
|Wealth Management Products||60 – 96k||96 – 240k||240k+|
|Premier/Priority Banking (RM)||60 – 96k||96 – 180k||180k+|
|Commercial Banking (RM)||54 – 102k||102 – 180k||180k+|
|Corporate Banking (RM)||54 – 114k||114 – 240k||240k+|
|Years of Exp||Min||Max|
|Relationship Manager||8 years||8,000||15,000|
|Business Intelligence Manager||8 years||8,000||15,000|
|Investment Analyst||5 to 10||8,000||19,000|
|Product Development Head||5 to 10||8,000||18,000|
|Shariah Head||5 to 10||8,000||21,000|
|Head Credit Risk||8 years||8,000||18,000|
|Head Sales||8 years||8,000||15,000|
|Head Merchant||10 years||8,000||18,000|
|Senior Manager – Compliance||5 years||9,000||15,000|
|Branch Manager||5 to 6||5,500||12,000|
|Compliance Manager||4 to 5||6,500||9,500|
|Risk Management Manager||4 to 7||6,500||9,500|
|Fund Accountant Manager||3 to 7||5,500||9,000|
|Relationship Manager||3 to 5||4,000||7,500|
|Compliance Officer||4 to 5||3,500||7,000|
|Assistant Branch Manager||1 to 3||4,000||6,500|
|Credit Manager||1 to 3||3,500||6,000|
|Treasury Officer||4 to 5||3,500||6,500|
|Corporate Recovery Executive||4 to 5||3,000||5,500|
|Credit Analyst||4 to 5||3,500||7,500|
|Internal Auditor||2 to 3||2,500||3,500|
|Personal Financial Consultant||1 to 3||2,800||4,500|
Salary Range Per Month for Jobs In the Banking Industry in Malaysia according to Kelly Services Salary Report 2014/2015
- Relationship Manager with qualification in Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 8 years experience from RM8,000 to RM15,000
- Business Intelligence Manager with qualification in Degree/Masters 8years experience from RM8,000 to RM15,000
- Investment Analyst with qualification in Degree/Professional 5-10years experience from RM8,000 to RM19,000
- Product Development Head with qualification in Degree/Masters 5-10 years experience from RM8,000 to RM18,000
- Shariah Head with qualification in Degree/Masters 5-10 years experience from RM8,000 to RM21,000
- Head Credit Risk with qualification in Degree 8 years experience from RM8,000 to RM18,000
- Head Sales with qualification in Diploma/Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 8 years experience from RM8,000 to RM15,000
- Head Merchant with qualification in Diploma/Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 10years experience from RM8,000 to RM18,000
- Senior Manager – Compliance with qualification in Degree 5years experience from RM9,000 to RM15,000
- Branch Manager with qualification in Degree 5-6years experience from RM5,500 to RM12,000
- Compliance Manager with qualification in Degree 4-5years experience from RM6,500 to RM9,500
- Risk Management Manager with qualification in Degree 4-7years experience from RM6,500 to RM9,500
- Fund Accountant Manager with qualification in Degree 3-7years experience from RM5,500 to RM9,000
- Relationship Manager with qualification in Degree 3-5 years experience from RM4,000 to RM7,500
- Compliance Officer with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,500 to RM7,000
- Assistant Branch Manager with qualification in Degree 1-3 years experience from RM4,000 to RM6,500
- Credit Manager with qualification in Degree 1-3 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,000
- Treasury Officer with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,500
- Corporate Recovery Executive with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,000 to RM5,500
- Credit Analyst with qualification in Degree 4-5 years experience from RM3,500 to RM7,500
- Internal Auditor with qualification in Degree 2-3 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,500
- Personal Financial Consultant with qualification in Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,800 to RM4,500
- Sales Officer/Executivewith qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-1years experience from RM2,300 to RM4,500
- Credit & Loans Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,300 to RM3,500
- Management Trainee with qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-1 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,200
- Bank Clerk with qualification in SPM/STPM 0-1 years experience from RM1,500 to RM2,000
- Bank Teller with qualification in SPM/STPM 1-3 years experience from RM1,500 to RM2,000
- Loans Clerk with qualification in SPM/STPM 1-3 years experience from RM1,500 to RM2,000
Salary Range Per Month for Jobs In Finance in Malaysia according to Kelly Services Salary Report 2014/2015
- Finance Manager with qualification in Degree 6-7 years experience from RM8,500 to RM13,000
- Finance and Administrative Manager with qualification in Post Graduate Diploma/Degree/Professional Degree/Masters 5 years experience from RM8,000 to RM10,500
- Internal Audit Manager with qualification in Degree 5 years experience from RM10,000 to RM14,000
- Finance Manager – Investment with qualification in Degree 5-7 years experience from RM8,000 to RM12,000
- Senior Accountant with qualification in Diploma/Degree/ACCA/CIMA/ MACPA/CPA 6-7 years experience from RM8,000 to RM12,000
- Senior Auditor with qualification in Degree/Professional Certificate 4-5 years experience from RM7,000 to RM9,000
- Accountant with qualification in Degree/Professional Certificate 2-3 years experience from RM6,000 to RM8,000
- Claims Manager with qualification in Diploma/Degree 4-5 years experience from RM5,500 to RM7,500
- Credit Control Manager with qualification in Diploma/Degree 4-6 years experience from RM5,500 to RM7,500
- Accounts Payable Manager with qualification in Degree 3-4 years experience from RM5,000 to RM7,000
- Cost Accountant with qualification in Diploma/Degree/ACCA/CIMA/ MACPA/CPA 3-4 years experience from RM4,500 to RM7,000
- Financial Analyst with qualification in Degree 3-4 years experience from RM6,000 to RM7,500
- Finance Executive with qualification in LCCI Higher/Diploma/Professional Certificate 2-4 years experience from RM3,500 to RM5,000
- Team Leader – Accounts with qualification in Diploma/Degree 3-4 years experience from RM4,000 to RM6,500
- Auditor with qualification in Degree/Professional Certificate 2-3 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,000
- Senior Accounts Executive with qualification in LCCI Higher/Diploma/Professional Certificate 2-4 years experience from RM3,500 to RM6,000
- Accounts Executive with qualification in LCCI Intermediate /Diploma/Professional Certificate 1-3 years experience from RM3,000 to RM4,500
- Underwriting Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,800 to RM4,000
- Accounts Specialist (AP/AR) with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-2 years experience from RM2,500 to RM4,000
- Fund Accounting Executive with qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-2 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,500
- Credit Control Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 2-4 years experience from RM2,800 to RM4,500
- Claims Officer with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-3 years experience from RM2,500 to RM4,000
- Payroll Officer with qualification in SPM/LCCI 1-2 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,200
- Audit Assistant with qualification in Diploma/Degree 0-1 years experience from RM2,500 to RM3,000
- Accounts Assistant/Accounts Clerk with qualification in SPM/Certificate/Diploma 1-2 years experience from RM2,000 to RM2,800
- Credit Control Assistant with qualification in Diploma/Degree 1-2 years experience from RM2,000 to RM2,800
A Career in Investment banking in Malaysia
The career in investment banking in Malaysia offers the most glamorous and lucrative career paths, but at a very high and
intense price. Investment Banks are concerned with large-scale transactions involving securities – buying, selling, or exchanging of large chunks of shares between two parties, be it in willing agreements or hostile takeovers.
A career in Investment Banking is not for the faint-hearted – those who want to succeed are expected to learn, adapt and work at a fast pace.
Job roles in investment banking include trading, client management, and other work similar to those required in corporate finance.
In fact, some corporate finance practitioners see investment banking as the next step up in their career progression – doing what they’ve been doing at the company or mid-market level and extending the size, scope, and pace to the bigger market.
A Career in Islamic Finance and Banking in Malaysia
Islamic finance and banking spans the three previously discussed aspects of finance and banking – Islamic finance specialisations exist in corporate finance, commercial banking and investment banking. In essence, those practising Islamic finance and banking need all the skills of their conventional counterparts, as well as knowledge of the Islamic aspect of a transaction.
This combination of skills is highly prized due to scarcity in the market, and bankers and financial practitioners who have this specialised knowledge are able to out-earn and overtake their peers very quickly.
Outside these four big sectors, various specialised opportunities exist with private equity and venture capital firms, as well as hedge funds, financial planning, insurance, and of course, the oft-downplayed public accounting sector.
Study at the Best Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Top Banking & Finance Degree Programmes
In order to succeed in the competitive banking & finance industry, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study. Students should choose the right university that fits them which has a good reputation for accounting, banking & finance programmes, excellent facilities, top lecturers, student support services and an English-speaking student environment. Graduates from accounting programmes are able to work in the banking and finance industry therefore the degree courses are included in the listing.
Graduates from the Accounting degree programmes will gain entry into the professional level of ACCA and CPA Australia. The accounting degree course will also equip graduates to pursue further professional qualifications with CFA, CFP, CIMA, ICAEW, MIA, RFP, etc.
Banking and Finance graduates may go for the the professional certifications by FPAM – Financial Planning Association of Malaysia, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Asian Institute of Chartered Banker (AICB).
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter a Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts at a top private university in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year banking or finance degree programme. Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements.
Top Ranked UK Accounting & Banking Degree Programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Students in Malaysia can now get a top ranked UK degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. At the top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, you will learn how to apply business management and finance knowledge and skills to a range of different managerial, business and problem-solving situations, management decisions, compliance issues and governance. Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2016 for Accounting & Finance is 3rd in the UK.
Top Ranked Australian Degree Programmes at Curtin University Sarawak
Curtin is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide in the highly regarded Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). Curtin is ranked within the top 300 universities by QS World University.
Curtin University Sarawak opened its doors in 1999 following an invitation from the Sarawak State Government to Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Western Australia, to establish its first offshore campus in Miri. Curtin University Sarawak is rated Tier 5 or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 ranking of universities in Malaysia by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting and Banking
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Marketing)
UK Dual Award Accounting & Finance Programmes at the Award-Winning Asia Pacific University
Students can consider top ranked Asia Pacific University where they offer various specialisations in Finance & Investments for students to choose from. Students at APU will get a degree awarded by APU as well as Staffordshire University, UK.
Asia Pacific University’s Banking and Finance Degree programmes are accredited by The Financial Accreditation Agency (FAA). Students who specialised in Financial Planning are allowed to sit for the Module 1 and Module 4 exams for the CFP certification programme without having to attend the required 60 hours of tutorial for each module. For Module 2 and Module 3, students will be allowed to sit for the exams after just attending 40 hours of lectures per module. APU Banking and Finance Degree programmes are accredited by Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB), upon completion of the programme, students with CGPA more than 3.0 will be awarded with Executive Banker certificate.
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Forex and Investments
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Internal Audit
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in Financial Planning
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in Investment and Risk Management
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking and Finance (Hons)
UK Dual Award Accounting & Finance Degree Programmes Top Ranked Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
Students can get a Dual Degree awarded by Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE), UK. The quality of the undergraduate teaching and learning at Taylor’s was acknowledged when it garnered a ‘Tier 5: Excellent’ rating in the Rating System for Malaysian Higher Education (SETARA) in 2009, 2011 & 2013 by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. Top Ranked Taylor’s University has won many awards in business, making is one of the best universities in Malaysia to study accounting & finance.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Finance & Economics
Accounting & Finance Degree Programmes at the Top Ranked UCSI University
For an affordable top ranked private university in Malaysia with excellent facilities, students can consider UCSI University. UCSI University is ranked in the Top 300 Universities in Asia in 2015 by the renown QS University Rankings. UCSI University is ranked as Excellent or Tier 5 in the SETARA 2013 rating system by MQA.
With its innovative academic curriculum, UCSI University students also enjoy the unique benefits of its Co-Operative Education Training Programme (Co-Op) that enhances their employability by integrating classroom learning with workplace training in Co-Op employer organisations. Completing two months’ work experience for every study year, a UCSI University student would have six to eight months’ work experience to stand ready for full-time employment upon their graduation.
- BA (Hons) Accounting
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Financial Economics (Hons)
- BBA (Hons) Islamic Banking & Finance
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Finance & Investment
Accounting & Finance Programmes at KDU University College Utropolis GlenmarieTop students enjoy the state-of-the-art facilities in a family-like environment at the new KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie campus
Established in 1983, KDU University College has moved to its brand new 10-acre flagship campus within the Paramount Utropolis integrated development at Glenmarie, Shah Alam. KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie is offering its homegrown degree programmes.
Top Accounting & Finance Programmes at HELP University, HELP Academy & HELP College of Arts & Technology
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians, HELP University is famous for its high quality business courses. Students can study the finance degree course at HELP University Damansara Heights or HELP University Subang 2.
HELP University has various internship and graduate training programs with many leading multinational companies including General Electric, KPMG, PWC, Ernst & Young, Deloitte and BDO Binder. Hence HELP University’s graduates are preferred employees for top companies in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who want a top American education in Malaysia can now study for the
Bachelor of Science in Finance degree awarded by University of Upper Iowa (UIU), USA at HELP College of Arts & Technology. The degree is completed all in Malaysia with 1 year study experience in the USA.
The best part is that the fees would include one academic year of studies in UIU’s campus in the United States, economy airfare, and accommodation. You will be getting an American experience at a fraction of the cost to study in the USA.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) at HELP University
- Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons) at HELP University
- 3+0 BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance in Malaysia awarded by University of Derby, UK at HELP Academy
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting & Finance) University of London International Programmes at HELP Academy
- 4+0 Upper Iowa University, USA Bachelor of Science in Finance HELP College of Arts & Technology
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com