Get a Top Notch Banking & Finance Degree from University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
A career in Banking & Finance can give you high salaries if you are good. Therefore, you should choose a reputable top university in Malaysia to study the Banking & Finance degree. Students after SPM or O-Levels can enter into University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie Foundation in Arts & Technology for 1 year before continuing on to the degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Banking and Finance at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Banking and Finance at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie introduces students to the principles and practice of modern banking, covering aspects of banking, international finance, economics and law.
In this program, students acquire a firm foundation necessary in the financial services industry, and gain a clear understanding of the functions and internal operations of banks and other financial institutions.
They will also explore the fundamentals behind the assessment of financial needs and pairing of suitable financial products. Students’ inquisitive minds are constantly kept fuelled through dialogues on contemporary banking and finance issues such as Financial Crises, Quantitative Easing, Government Policies, Currency Challenges and more. The program is also designed to give students the skills to manage finance in institutional settings such as banks or investment houses.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be granted exemptions from the following recognised professional body:
- CIMA – Exempted from 5 CIMA papers and to take the balance 11 papers to complete the professional qualification
Career Options for Banking & Finance Graduates in Malaysia
- Financial Controller
- Financial Planner
- Investment Banker
- Investment Manager
- Lease Finance Consultant
- Treasury Manager
- Tax Consultant
Entry Requirements into the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Banking and Finance at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- GCE A Levels : 3Ds
- STPM : 2C+ or CGPA 2.33
- UEC : 5 Credits (5Bs)
- Diploma : Pass with min. CGPA of 2.50
- Foundation Studies : Pass with min. CGPA of 2.50
- Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (or as stated in the Document Senarai Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik, Malaysian Qualifications Agency) :
Pass (Subject to review and approval of certified transcripts)
Notes: In addition to the above mentioned requirement, the student must have obtained a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- Local Student : Band 3 in MUET
- International Student : Band 6.0 in IELTS; or a min score of 60 (IBT) or 550 (PBT) in TOEFL ; or score 58 and above for Pearson English Test
- *If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at UOW Malaysia KDU.
YEAR 1 Subjects for the BA (Hons) in Banking and Finance Degree Programme at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Academic English 1 & 2
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Banking
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Company Law
YEAR 2 Subjects for the BA (Hons) in Banking and Finance Degree Programme at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Business Digitalization
- Digital Strategy for Financial
- Products and Services
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets & Institutions
- Investment Banking
- Credit Risk & Lending Management
- The Economics of Money & Banking
- Professional Development and Leadership Skills
YEAR 3 Subjects for the BA (Hons) in Banking and Finance Degree Programme at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Corporate Governance in Banking & Finance
- Investment Analysis
- International Finance
- Portfolio Management
- Elective (1 module)
- Research Methodology
- Final Year Project 1 & 2
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A*
- Life in Malaysia
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International Students)
- Pengajian Malaysia 3 (International Students)
- Hubungan Etnik (Malaysian Students)
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (Malaysian Students)
Note: Bahasa Kebangsaan A* is compulsory for all Malaysian students
- without a credit in SPM Bahasa Malaysia.
- without SPM Bahasa Malaysia (applicable to students from UEC, O Level, or other equivalent programmes)
University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU New Campus at Utropolis, Glenmarie in Shah Alam
KDU, an institution that has over 32 years of history and experience, believes in providing real world
education to meet real world needs, and has traditionally, been successful in producing competent graduates and preparing students for top universities all over the world.
Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, KDU was one of the first private colleges in Malaysia to have its own purpose-built campus. The institution, as KDU College then, was awarded the university college status in 2010 – a reflection of its quality programmes, and the growth of its international student population.
KDU University College and KDU College are members of Paramount Education, a fully-integrated education services provider for primary, secondary, tertiary, and postgraduate level studies as well as executive and professional development programmes.
The new 10-acre purpose-built KDU University College campus at Utropolis, costing RM320 million, has been designed around the philosophy that learning is experiential and can happen anywhere.
There are open spaces, themed gardens and discussion cubes, along with 9 fully equipped lecture halls that can house up to 250 students each, 60 state of the art classrooms where 4,000 students can be attending lecture and classes at any one time, a 50,000 sq ft space housing KDU University College’s comprehensive library and a 500-bed student village.
University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie new campus is strategically located near Shah Alam & easily accessible to students from Klang, Sunway, Puchong and Petaling Jaya. KDU University College is an excellent choice for students who are serious about their studies and about quality. The new campus is beautifully designed to suit the students learning needs and comfortable enough for students to have a family-like environment.
General Facilities at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Cafeteria – A melting pot of food and life, students from all walks of life and schools gather here
for their daily feast.
- Computer Lab – A number of computers all at the ready for our students’ access, connected to the free high speed WIFI service available on campus.
- Student Lounge – A student hotspot equipped with comfortable furniture for students to ease their minds.
- Library – The Utropolis Glenmarie library is spread out over 50,000 square feet, fitted with a coffee bar, Zen garden reading lounge, quiet study and learning pods.
- Learning Pod- Students can have the space they need in order to focus on studies at hand at the private Learning Pod.
- Atrium – Wide open space often bathed with natural sunlight.
UOWM KDU Student Accommodation, Utropolis, Glenmarie
On-campus accommodation on a 10-acre, 7-storey block that accommodates up to 580 students which is divided into male and female wings.