Asia Pacific University (APU) Emerge as Champion & 1st Runner up in Regional Cyber Challenge 2019
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University (APU)’s Cyber Security teams, Shellhound and Et3rnal brought the nation immense pride and joy as they emerged as the Champion and the 1st Runner up of the recently concluded Regional Cyber Challenge 2019 that was held in conjunction with the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) Perth Conference.
You may also be interested in:
- Cyber Security Degree Course Details, Entry Requirements, Fees & Intakes at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
- Study the Best Cyber Security Degree Course in Malaysia
- Job Demand & Salary for Cyber Security Specialists in Malaysia
- Fastest Pathway into Malaysia’s Top Private Universities to Study Computer Science or Software Engineering with the Foundation in Information Technology (IT)
- Top 10 Reasons to Study Cybersecurity at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University (APU) is BEST Cybersecurity Education Provider in ASIA
- Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia Sets Up First Cyberthreats Intelligence Centre
- Asia Pacific University (APU) is Top for Cyber Security Course in Malaysia Winning Many Awards
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Asia Pacific University (APU) Cybersecurity Students Win Big
Organised by Silensec and Cyber8Labs, Australia, the competition was a virtual competition that took place around the globe. Our teams prepared and went through the competition’s challenges at our Cyber Range, while they competed among 12 participating teams that came from 9 countries.
Throughout the 5 hours of the competition, teams had to make use of their Incident Response skills to detect, respond and recover from cyber-attacks. It was an intense competition, as the teams’ capability were tested greatly through the challenging case scenarios, combined with the emergence of several vulnerabilities throughout the duration of the challenge. At the end of the challenge, both APU teams defeated their competitors and emerged as the TOP 2 TEAMS of the challenge!
At a recent prize giving ceremony held at our campus, both teams received their awards and certificates from Ms. Daisy Sinclair, Founder of Cyber8Lab Pty. Ltd., Australia, who flew here all the way from Australia to attend the ceremony.
CONGRATULATIONS to teams Shellhound & Et3rnal – thank you so much for making us proud! This achievement has once again proven that our students are capable to compete globally, as cybersecurity professionals of the future. The skills and knowledge possessed by them do not fall short of those who come from developed countries, and as graduates from a Malaysian university, they are definitely capable of standing in the eyes of the world!
Kudos to the teams’ mentors, Ms. Yusnita Yusof & Ms. Nor Azlina Abdul Rahman for their passion and dedication in leading the teams towards their success. Members of the 2 teams comprised:
|Shellhound – Champion||Mentor: Ms. Yusnita Yusof
Leader: Imran Esack Dawoodjee
|Et3rnal – 1st Runner Up||Mentor: Ms. Nor Azlina Abdul Rahman
Leader: Hains Jojo
Reza Ahmad Nugroho