Top Private Universities in Malaysia Offering Outstanding Computer Software Engineering Programmes
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Software Engineering includes the design and implementation of specific, reliable, efficient and secure software systems for a multitude of purposes. Of course, you also have to be able to write or code software if you are going to be able to build the systems around it. Studying at a top private university in Malaysia for software engineering will prepare you to face the challenges of the dynamic computing industry. The cost of your studies may be high but the rewards are well worth it as you will receive top notch education from experienced lecturers supported by excellent facilities. The training that you receive would have equipped you to secure the job as well as acquire a higher salary.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Software Engineering Universities in Malaysia
In order to succeed in the competitive field of software engineering, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study. Students should choose the right university that fits them which has a good reputation for computing programs, excellent facilities, top lecturers and an English-speaking student environment.
Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- Foundation in Computing & Technology
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering
Multimedia University (MMU)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) Software Engineering
- Foundation in Information Technology (Melaka and Cyberjaya)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Cyberjaya)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Melaka)
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
- Foundation in Science
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Foundation Studies (Art & Technology)
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
First City University College
- Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
KDU Penang University College
Career Opportunities for Malaysian Software Engineering Graduates
The software industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world with work opportunities in many areas including, but not limited to, telecommunications, defence, electronics and, of course, software development and computing. With a Software Engineering degree, you will be qualified to design, program and create software for literally anything you can think of.
Even companies that have been associated largely with hardware in the past estimate that 80-90% of their engineers are involved in software development. As a consequence of this rapid expansion there is a serious worldwide shortage of software engineers who are able to deal with the complexity of developing high-quality software systems.
Given the ubiquitous nature of software in modern society, software engineers can find employment opportunities in many areas. These will include, but will not be limited to, the computing, software, electronics, telecommunications, security and defence industries.
A career in Software Engineering in Malaysia can be rewarding with a high job demand for qualified and trained professionals. Salary for software engineers is one of the top in Malaysia. Students should choose the best software engineering course to study in Malaysia and at a top university.
Education Pathway to Become a Successful Software Engineering Professional in Malaysia
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Computer Science or Software Engineering degree.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information Technology, Diploma in Computer Studies or Diploma in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Computer Science or Software Engineering degree.
Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Computer Science or Software Engineering degree at the best university in Malaysia. Foundation in Science programmes from premier private universities in Malaysia are also accepted for entry.
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a top recruitment agent for private universities in Malaysia and private colleges in Singapore providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university. EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University. We search for articles such as the one below that will benefit our students to help them make the right choices about choosing their career and course.
Top Criteria to Consider When Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study the Software Engineering Degree
After SPM or O-Levels, there are many different pathways for you to choose from and sometimes it can be confusing. Choosing the right university or college for the Software Engineering Degree Course after high school is one of the most important decisions you can make in your life. This can be a confusing and difficult time if you are unprepared.
Students who are not sure of what to study after SPM or O-Levels can contact EduSpiral Consultant Services to help guide you to choose the right course and university in Malaysia. At EduSpiral Consultant Services, we have counseled and helped thousands of students to choose the right course and private university to study in Malaysia.
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university or college in Malaysia to study the Software Engineering course in Malaysia
Recognition & Reputation of the Software Engineering Courses in Malaysia
- Is the Software Engineering course popular at that university or college?
- What is the reputation or ranking of the private university in Malaysia? Global ranking by QS World University Rankings or locally by MQA in SETARA
- Is the Software Engineering course recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Is the Software Engineering course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Awards won by the university, staff or students for the particular course of interest. The number of awards won would be a guide on how good the university is for the course.
- Type of programme (local diploma or dual award diploma or diploma awarded by foreign university partner?)
Academic Quality of the Software Engineering Degree Course at the University in Malaysia
- Subjects offered in the Software Engineering course (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Entry requirements for the Software Engineering Degree Course at the university or college in Malaysia
- What is the Class size for the Software Engineering course?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Ask your friends who have studied there or currently studying there for their opinion on the teaching quality, environment and facilities.
- Does the university or college have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that college?
- What is the duration of the course? When are the intake dates?
Facilities at the University for the Software Engineering Course in Malaysia
- When choosing a university or college in Malaysia, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you.
- Location of the university or college. Is it in the city, suburbs or country side? You should also consider the ambience of your surroundings when choosing a university. If you can’t live without nightlife, think city! If you’re into the great outdoors, you might want to go rural. Some students prefer a city life while other students prefer a quieter university environment away from the city. On the other hand, if you’re used to shopping malls and cinemas and choose a university in a rural area, you might get bored.
- Size of the university.
- Transportation. Is the university accessible to you? What are the public transportation available? If you drive, is there ample parking?
- Campus resources (labs, library or resource centre, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
Cost for your Software Engineering Degree Course Studies in Malaysia
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (Costs for university studies in Malaysia would include tuition, hostel, food, transportation, entertainment, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? (Off-campus apartments, houses, condominiums) Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, safe & secure, etc.?
Student Environment and Activities at the University & College
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.) Universities with a good proportion of international students will help you to improve your English language skills since you would need to communicate with them in English. In addition, you will learn about their culture, behaviour and discover new ideas. These skills will be useful to you when you work overseas or in a multi-national company.
- Is the university or college campus a safe area? Safety within the campus and outside.
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)