Choose to Study at the Top Universities for Hotel & Tourism Diploma Course in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
It is difficult to find a good college or university that’s affordable to study the Diploma in Hotel Management in Malaysia. Generally, the fees are expensive for Hotel Management courses because of the facilities needed to support the studies such as a mock hotel room, mock front office, kitchens, bars, etc. I have compiled a list of top private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the diploma in hotel management for students to consider. For advise and guidance in choosing the right college or university that fits you, please contact us.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure that they want a career in the vibrant hotel industry can choose to study the Diploma in Hotel Management at a top private college or university in Malaysia. Students will need at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels to join the 2-year diploma. Upon completion of the Diploma, students can continue on to the Hospitality Management or Hotel Management Degree entering into Year 2 for another 2 years.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Private Colleges and Universities in Malaysia for the Diploma in Hotel Management or Hospitality Management
Leading private universities and colleges in Malaysia for Hospitality or Hotel Management diploma programmes are
- Taylor’s University
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
- Berjaya University College of Hospitality
- YTL International College of Hospitality Management
- First City University College
- UCSI University
- UCSI University Sarawak
Increased Job Demand for Hotel Management Diploma Graduates
The United Nations World Tourist Organisation’s Tourism 2020 Vision forecasts that international arrivals are expected to reach nearly 1.6 billion by the year 2020. East Asia and the Pacific, Asia, the Middle East and Africa are forecasted to record growth at rates of over 5% year, compared to the world average of 4.1%.
Total export earnings generated by international tourism in 2013 reached US$ 1.4 trillion. The demand for well trained hospitality professionals will continue to increase. Students must choose the best universities to obtain their training so that they can be successful in the competitive hotel & tourism industry.
Having a good command of the English language will be advantageous. With the rise of China’s inbound and outbound tourism, opportunities abound for those who are proficient in both English and Mandarin.
Diploma of International Hotel Management at YTL International College of Hotel Management
An internationally recognized Diploma is only to be expected by graduates of YTL International College of Hotel Management (YTL-ICHM). Yet going beyond the tangible, it is the world of experience gained that you will probably treasure most. Invaluable knowledge that defines your professional future.
YTL International College of Hotel Management (YTL-ICHM), offers the best of hospitality and culinary arts studies that will allow you to gain valuable experience in both ‘in-the-classroom’ and ‘in-the-hotel/restaurant’.
Their teaching and learning pedagogy gives you the opportunity to learn from different roles in the respective divisions in the hotel and restaurant throughout the program. Towards completion of your studies in YTL-ICHM, you’ll perfect your skills in real-world internship, under the YTL Hotels mentorship of the hoteliers and culinary professionals.
Subjects for the Diploma of International Hotel Management at YTL International College of Hotel Management
- Accounting 1
- Industrial Placement 1
- Accounting 2
- Industrial Placement 2
- Australian Wine
- Industrial Placement 3
- Business Communication 1
- Information Technology 1
- Business Communication 2
- Information Technology 2
- Business Operations – Beverage Service
- International Wine
- Business Operations – Rooms 1
- Kitchen Operations 1 and Hygiene
- Business Operations – Rooms 2
- Kitchen Operations 2
- Business Operations : Function Room Service Procedure
- Business Operations : Restaurant Service Procedure
- Menu Control and Nutrition
- Business Law
- Planning & Project Management
- Food Safety
- People Management
- Health, Safety and Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resources Management
Outstanding Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits may enter the Top Rated Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University. Upon completion of the Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University, students can enter into Year 2 of the top rated Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (Hons), Bachelor of Culinary Arts & Foodservice Management (Hons) or *Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management).
Graduates from the Diploma in Hotel Management will receive dual recognition and certification by University of Toulouse (UOT), France and Taylor’s University.
Taylor’s University is the first and only university to achieve Tier 6, best quality in teaching and learning of the hospitality and tourism discipline in Malaysia. Tier 6: Outstanding rating in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA). Taylor’s is the best university in Malaysia to study hotel management or hospitality management.
Taylor’s University Diploma in Hotel Management is designed to give students comprehensive operational and technical skills for a career in the hospitality industry.
The curriculum for the Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University focuses on the key competencies related to hospitality operations, communication, human relations and cultural diversity. Through this diploma programme, Taylor’s students can gain knowledge on the concept of hospitality and develop operational skills that will allow them to work in different service sectors.
Intakes for the top ranked Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University are in January, March and August of each year. Graduates from the Diploma in Hotel Management will receive the Baccalauréat Technologique Hôtellerie (BTH) from University of Toulouse (UOT), France and the Diploma in Hotel Management from Taylor’s University.
2-Year Diploma in Hotel Management Programme at Taylor’s University
Knowledge of Professional Tools
- Exposure to using Opera (Property Management System) and Micros (Point of Sales) software, which are widely used in the hospitality industry.
Well-equipped and state-ofthe- art facilities to aid learning.
Preparation for the Industry
- Exposure to three major operational aspects of the hospitality industry: rooms division, food and beverage service as well as cuisine.
Develop communication and customer skills, which cultivates service-minded graduates.
Exposure to introductory business studies such as Marketing, and Accounting.
Regular field trips and industry visits to hospitality establishments to understand the industry.
- 16-week internship in hotels, integrated resorts, restaurants or convention centres to develop relevant skills.
Flexible Further Study Options for Taylor’s Hotel Management Diploma Graduates
- Advanced standing into Year 2 for Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (Hons), Bachelor of Culinary Arts & Foodservice Management (Hons) or *Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management).
Programme Structure for Taylor’s Hotel Management Diploma
YEAR 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University
- English for Academic Purposes
- Business of Hospitality & Tourism
- Fundamentals of Food & Beverage
- Fundamentals of Cuisine
- MPU (U1)*
- Business Mathematics
- English for Specific Purposes
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Cuisine Operations
- Procurement for the Hospitality Industry
- MPU (U2)*
- Hospitality Marketing
- Front Office Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Beverage Studies
- Hotel Facilities Management
- MPU (U3)*
YEAR 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University
- Hospitality Accounting
- Basic French I
- Rooms Division Management I
- Restaurant Management
- Wine Studies
- MPU (U4)*
- Managing Organisation Functions
- Basic French II
- Rooms Division Management II
- Food & Beverage Management
- Hospitality Technical Case Studies
World-Class Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Facilities at Taylor’s University
In preparing students for the increasingly challenging and complex hospitality, tourism and culinary industry, the School has put in place world-class facilities designed and built to stimulate the actual working environment of leading establishments.
- 84-room hotel (Ruemz Hotel)
- 3 Front Office Reception Rooms
- Hotel Suites
- Wine Laboratory
- 9 Restaurants (including 3 fine dining restaurants, 3 specialised training restaurants, 1 Asian restaurant, 1 lifestyle restaurant and 1 multiservice restaurant)
- 14 Culinary Suites (encompassing 9 kitchens, 1 garde manger kitchen, 1 artist kitchen, 1 chocolate room and 1 artist kitchen)
- Manifestation Culinary Bar Theatre
- Tourism Practical Rooms
- Events Projects Room
- CRiT (Centre for Research and Innovation in Tourism, Hospitality and Food Studies)
- Chemistry Lab and Food Science Lab
Achievements of Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts
- Tier 6: Outstanding rating in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA)
The first and only university to achieve Tier 6, best quality in teaching and learning of the hospitality and tourism discipline in Malaysia.
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Grand Award
Education & Training category for its public-private partnership in education and training, 2015
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA)
Academic & Research Excellence in the Hospitality Education Institution Category, 2013-2015
- THE-ICE, or the International Centre of Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality Education, Australia
The first Malaysian, and Asian, university to receive full accreditation
- Brand Laureate
Best Brand in Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Education, 2011
- Research Chefs Association (RCA) Student Culinology® Competition
- World’s 1st International Young Chef Olympiad 2015
- Nestle Professional Culinary Arts Award
Champion, 2014 & 2012
- World Gourmet Summit (Regional Category)
Culinary Institution of the Year Award, 2012
- 9th ASEAN Skills Competition
Gold medal, Cooking Category, 2012
- Monin Cup Competition-Cocktail category
Champion & 2nd Runner Up, 2016
- Hilton Malaysia Hospitality Talent Cup Competition
Champion & 1st Runner Up, The Bar Cup: Signature Cocktail Presentation, 2016
- Culinaire Malaysia
4 Golds, 4 Silvers and 1 Bronzes, 2015
4 Golds, 12 Silvers and 9 Bronzes, 2013
Taylor’s University Dual Award Partner
- Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts offers dual award degree and diploma programmes in collaboration with the University of Toulouse (UOT) and the Academie de Toulouse (ADT) in France respectively.
- A quality review committee, comprising academics from both institutions, is established for quality assurance and moderation of the standards of the programmes, which includes curriculum and assessments.
- Upon completion of the diploma or degree programmes at Taylor’s, students will receive certification from both Taylor’s and the partner institution in France.
Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism from KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
With the Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism from KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, you enjoy a solid foundation in hospitality studies before progressing onto a degree course. The syllabus provides you with a good balance between the theoretical and practical aspects of management in the hospitality industry.
Your lecturers comprise various nationalities and you also benefit from interacting with visiting professors who visit regularly to teach and conduct seminars. The modern management techniques in this course will ensure all the right doors are open for you!
This is a dual award programme, students who complete this programme would be awarded parchments from KDU university College Utropolis Glenmarie and IMI University Centre, Switzerland.
Subjects Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism from KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Year 1 Subjects Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism from KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Accommodation Operations Management
- Business Language & Culture: English Intermediate
- Business Language & Culture: Introductory French / German
- Business Language & Culture: Intermediate French / German
- Cultural Studies
- Front Office Management
- Hospitality Tourism Geography
- Introduction to Food Production
- Introduction to Food Service
- Personal Development Planning I & II
- The Tourism Industry
Year 2 Subjects Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism from KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Beverage Studies
- Business Language & Culture: English Higher Intermediate
- Food Costing, Purchase & Merchandising
- Financial Management for Tourism & Hospitality
- Hospitality Law or Entrepreneurship
- Industrial Placement
- Marketing & E-commerce for Hospitality & Tourism
Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism Graduates can continue on to Year 2 of the Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie. The degree has 3 majors where you can specialise in:
- Hotel and Tourism
- Corporate Communication
- Events Management
The Best Diploma in Hotel Management Course at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure that they want a career in the vibrant hotel industry can choose to study the Diploma in Hotel Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Students will need at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels to join the 2-year diploma.
Upon completion of the Diploma, students can continue on to the Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Hons) Degree entering into Year 2 for another 2 years.
If you are still unsure of what to study, then you can go for the 1-year Foundation in Hospitality course at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality with 5 credits and then enter into the Degree programme for 3 years. Students with UEC, A-Levels, Foundation, STPM or external Pre-University programme with relevant results may enter directly into the Hotel Management or Hospitality Management course.
The Diploma in Hotel Management programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality covers all the major theoretical and practical components of hospitality operations. This comprehensive skills-driven programme enables you to acquire the mandatory operational skills and business acumen needed to successfully manage a hospitality operation profitably, while adhering to world-class standards.
You will be prepared for extensive career opportunities across industry sectors such as hotels, resorts, clubs, restaurants, cruise lines, contract catering, retail outlets, fast food restaurants and many more.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality students will experience:
- Live events, professional visits and industry speakers sharing session are part of the learning paradigm at BERJAYA UCH.
- 16 weeks Supervised Internship at hotels, resorts and any relevant hospitality establishments.
- Global Education Platform; through Course Network – Students are able to interact with other likeminded students all over the world.
- Industry Relevant Curriculum & Facilities.
- Advance Standing into 2nd Year Bachelor of Hospitality Management(Hons).
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Windows Into Hospitality and Tourism
- Managing Service Excellence
- Kitchen Operations and Hygiene
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Hospitality Operation Systems
- Cuisine & Restaurant Operations
- Pastry and Baking
- Bar, Beverage and Barista
- Fine Dining and Banquet Management
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Personal Development Skills 1
- Personal Development Skills 2
- Personal Development Skills 3
- English for Academic Purposes
Year 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Rooms Division Operations
- Rooms and Revenue Management
- Le Petit Sommelier
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Human Capital Management
Year 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Entrepreneurship Development
- You will undergo a semester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been specially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
Diploma in Hotel Management (A Work-Based Learning Approach) at UCSI University Sarawak
UCSI’s Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management works to meet the human capital needs of Malaysia and the world – whether the focus is on hotel management, tourism management, culinary arts, or leisure and recreation.
Housed at one of Malaysia’s foremost private universities, the Faculty is a hub of discovery and its presence in Kuala Lumpur and Kuching – two of Malaysia’s most popular tourist destinations – sees it providing diverse learning experiences few other schools can.
Young, vibrant and innovative, the Faculty is the place where aspiring hoteliers and restaurant managers obtain a ﬁrm grasp of key industrial practices and the underlying assumptions that make them work.
By understanding the rules of the game – written and unwritten – through experiential learning, collaboration, innovation and discovery, our students will enjoy a head start in a booming industry that is yet to realise its full potential.
It covers a wide range of areas from Front Oﬃce, housekeeping, food and beverage to managing guests’ experiences.
Subjects Diploma in Hotel Management (A Work-Based Learning Approach) at UCSI University Sarawak
Year 1 Subjects at UCSI University Sarawak
- Food and Beverage Service
- Basic Food Preparation
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Housekeeping Operation and Management
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Customer Service
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Computing Studies
- Pastry and Bakery
- Commercial Cookery
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Industry Placement I
Year 2 Subjects at UCSI University Sarawak
- Food and Beverage Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Eco Hospitality
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Banquet and Events Management
- Malaysian Ecotourism (MPU-U3)
- Industry Placement 2