Best Private Universities in Malaysia for Law (LLB) UK Transfer Programme
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
To qualify as a lawyer in the UK, you need to follow a prescribed path, and pass modules in seven areas known as the Foundations of Legal Knowledge. These usually lead to an LLB (Bachelor of Law) or BA (Hons) Law. You’ll then progress to the Legal Practice Course (LPC) or the Bar Vocational Course (BVC), leading to a qualification as a lawyer or a barrister.
The advantage of going for the UK Bar is that you can practice worldwide while the CLP only allows you to practice within Malaysia. You can save money by going for the UK Law Twinning or Transfer program at the best universities in Malaysia. This will ensure that you will have a successful career.
Students after SPM who are interested to pursue law should go for the A-Levels. To practice as a lawyer in Malaysia, the A-Levels are recognised by the Malaysian Bar.
You might also be interested to read:
- Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Recognised Law Degree
- Admission Requirements and Qualifying as an Advocate and Solicitor in Malaysia According to Legal Profession Qualifying Board
- Pathway to Become a Lawyer in Malaysia through a Recognised Law degree
- UK Law Degree Transfer Programme at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
- Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Law (LLB) UK Transfer Programme
- Top 5 Private Colleges in Malaysia Offering the Best A-Levels Programme
- Top 10 Most Popular Pre-University (Pre-U) Programmes in Malaysia
- All You Need to Know About A-Levels in Malaysia
- Find out what is A-Levels & Study at the Best College in Malaysia
- Best A-Levels Subject Combinations at Malaysia’s Top Private Colleges
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) qualification at Senior Middle 3 level is Accepted to sit for the Certificate in Legal Practice Examination (CLPE) Malaysia
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study at the Best Universities in Malaysia for the UK Law Degree Transfer Programme
The modern law graduate can move into a variety of positions not only confined to the courts.
Law is one of the oldest fields of study, and remains as one of the most sought-after and widely respected programmes in the world. A law degree is the first step towards a career path in the traditional legal sector, whether as a practicing advocate or solicitor. However, a law degree is also one that opens many doors. The modern law graduate can move into a variety of positions not only confined to the courts but may also venture into the government, the public sector, business, corporations and even in entertainment. As the legal profession grows more dynamic every day, there is a demand for law graduates who are holistic in their approach and global in their outlook.
Top UK Law Degree Transfer Programme in Malaysia at Taylors University
Students after SPM or O-Levels must have 5 credits including English and Bahasa Melayu to enter into the A-Level programme before continuing on to Taylor’s Bachelor of Laws degree. The Law degree at Taylor’s University is recognised by the Malaysian Bar and the Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia for purposes of the CLP examinations.
Taylor’s University has won many law awards and is ranked Excellent or Tier 5 in the SETARA 2013. Taylor’s University is also ranked as one of the Top 250 universities in Asia by QS University Rankings: Asia 2015.
Officially upgraded to University in September 2010, Taylor’s is one of Malaysia’s top private universities. Over 70% of Taylors University’s graduates are employed within 2 months. In addition, the university has strong partnerships with 3,000+ career partners in Malaysia and globally. Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the Bachelor of Laws degree.
Taylor’s Law Degree Transfer to UK
Graduate with a UK Law Degree from a Prestigious British University. Taylor’s Law School has established partnerships with reputable universities across the UK and you can choose to transfer after the 1st or 2nd year at Taylor’s University.
- University of Manchester
- University of Leeds
- Cardiff University
- University of Sheffield
- University of Reading
- University of the West of England
The Best UK Law Degree Transfer Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
The law programme at Taylor’s University provides students with an in-depth understanding and
appreciation of legal doctrines and concepts in the various areas of law. Through a combination of theoretical studies and practical exposure, students will be taught how to apply these into a variety of factual situations.
Study of Malaysian and English Law
- Taylor’s students will learn both Malaysian and English Law, providing them with sound knowledge of the fundamentals of the legal system and practices in Malaysia.
Ready For Legal Practice
- Application of legal theories to real-life cases at the Taylor’s Legal Aid Centre, while also developing a sense of community awareness, under the guidance and supervision of lecturers.
- Compulsory Mooting exercises for first-year students hone their legal research and writing skills, as well as boost their confidence in public speaking and inculcate team spirit.
Learning from the Industry
- In-depth understanding and a real-life feel of the legal profession via industry visits to the Legal Aid Centre, Parliament, Palace of Justice, Attorney General’s Chambers, prisons and legal offices.
- Platforms for students to meet and engage with the country’s legal giants and gain valuable insights into the legal profession, through industry networking events.
- Exposure to specialised areas of law and the workings of the legal fraternity through the Law Speaker Series.
- 4-week compulsory internship programme to develop practical and relevant skills for future employment.
- Opportunity to carry out attachment at top law firms, the Bar Council’s Legal Aid Centres and other organisations, for students who excel in their studies.
UK Transfer (UKT) Law Programme at HELP University
Founded in 1986, it is one of the country’s first private law schools and has been the trend setter in private legal education in Malaysia. 2009 also saw the Department expanding by introducing its own Bachelor of Laws degree and in 2012, the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP).
HELP University, one of the top private universities in Malaysia, offers its own home-grown LLB programme known as the HELP Bachelor of Laws (HELP LLB) which can be completed entirely at HELP University.
Graduates who complete the HELP LLB degree will be granted the opportunity to enrol in any post graduate Master’s Programme at HELP Graduate School (terms and conditions apply) Excluding the Master of Clinical Psychology. Currently, the LLB degree progamme at HELP University is not recognised for practice as a lawyer in Malaysia. You need to go for the UK Law Twinning programme in order to practice.
- Assessment: Assignment 20%
- Final written examination 80%
- Practical Subjects:
- Legal Skills : Assignment 20% , Practical Assessment 50%, Final Examination 30%
- Legal Practice : Assignment 20%, Practical Assessment 40%, Final Examination 40%”
HELP University has been enjoying the privilege of being the first private university to introduce the UK Degree Transfer Programme (Law), which has been recognised by prestigious and reputable universities in the UK.
To date, HELP has students Transfer to the following Top UK universities on advanced standing basis into Year 2 or Year 3 to obtain a qualifying law degree:*
HELP University is partnered with some of the best universities for Law in the UK.
HELP University UK Law Transfer into Year 2
- University of Manchester
- University of Sheffield
HELP University UK Law Transfer into Year 3
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- Cardiff University
- University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Northumbria University
- University of the West of England, Bristol
- University of Hertfordshire”
HELP University to date produced 29 First Class Achievers on the UK Degree Transfer Programme (Law). In 2012 alone HELP University had 7 first class achievers from prestigious universities in the UK including the University of Liverpool, University of Leeds and Cardiff University.
All HELP’s 7 First Class achievers in 2012 embarked on 2+1 transfer option. HELP University has been commended by the assessors of the Joint Academic Stage Board (JASB) which is a joint committee of the Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors
Regulation Authority for the best practices adopted at the Faculty level in the administration and teaching of the UK Degree Transfer Programme (Law).
The mission of HELP’s Department of Law is to groom employable lawyers through introducing skills based papers such as Legal Skills and Legal Practice which encompasses soft skills such as Legal Research, Client Interviewing and Counselling, Advocacy, Drafting, Negotiation, Case Management and Preparation, Managing a Law Firm, Criminal and Civil Litigation.
There is also the annual HELP-Skrine Moot Competition that acts as a platform to further enhance advocacy skills amongst their law students.