Find Out the Course Details for Asia Pacific University (APU)Diploma in Accounting
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels who want to have a successful career in Accounting & Finance should go for the Diploma in Accounting at Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the 2-year diploma students can continue on to Year 2 to the various Accounting & Finance UK Dual Award degree programme for another 2 years. In addition, students can also transfer to Asia Pacific University’s partner universities in Australia, New Zealand or UK for their degree studies.
Graduating students at Asia Pacific University (APU) will receive the degree from APU as well as De Montfort University, UK. Furthermore, Asia Pacific University (APU) has a globalised student environment where Malaysian students can gain invaluable cultural insights as well as improve their spoken English. Studying the Diploma in Information & Communication Technology at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University is one of the best choices you can make as a student in Malaysia.
For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Diploma in Accounting in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Diploma in Accounting programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Students with relevant knowledge and skills to follow a career in accounting, business or finance.
- Students with intellectual, communications and team working skills.
- Students with opportunities for progression into studies at degree level in relevant areas.
- Opportunities for students to pursue professional qualifications from professional accounting and financial bodies.
*This programme is accredited by ACCA with 3 papers exempted.
- 3 Credits in at least 3 subjects at SPM level including Mathematics, with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History);
3 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 3 subjects at IGCSE/O-Levels including Mathematics;
3 Credits (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC including Mathematics;
- Pass relevant Certificate Programme or its equivalent;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
*Pass in English is required at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or equivalent
Note: Please take note that a Credit Pass in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level is required for progression to BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in Business Information Systems.
Malaysian Students who do not possess a Pass in English at SPM/IGCSE/UEC; will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Foundation/Diploma/Certificate programme.
APU Diploma Intake Dates – April, May, July, September and November
*Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact dates
What you will study in the Diploma in Accounting Course at Asia Pacific University (APU)
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of the study, students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamental of Entrepreneurship
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The modules Professional Communications, Quantitative Methods and Academic Research Skills that are offered in this semester help to further develop students’ knowledge and skills significantly with emphasis on aspects that are core to the study of accounting. Financial Accounting 1 which touches on the basic concepts and procedures of accounting will be introduced.
- Academic Research Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Professional Communications
- Quantitative Methods
This semester moves students from the basic accounting concepts and procedures to more advanced topics in financial accounting. There are also modules in related subjects such as economics, marketing and business statistics which will expand their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and make decisions in different areas of business.
- Business Economics
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting 2
The modules in this semester are aimed at equipping students with the knowledge and skills in the legal and modelling techniques using computers and develop data spreadsheets. In addition, students are exposed to the latest accounting concepts, techniques, trends and issues in the areas of financial accounting and reporting, finance, and accounting information system. These modules are targeted to enhance the application skills of students in a higher level of accounting related areas.
- Accounting Information System
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 3
- Principles of Finance
- Spreadsheet Modelling Techniques
The final semester allows students to progress into more advanced areas of accounting, taxation, auditing, as well as cost accounting. Graduates experience a balance of accounting theory and practical applications with integrated computer technologies and are expected to be able to demonstrate cognitive and intellectual skills with techniques in business management, information technology, finance and accounting. Students will also be exposed to basic understanding of all aspects associated with Islamic Finance, the legal and critical frameworks within which it functions.
- Audit & Control Systems
- Basic Taxation
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting 4
- Islamic Finance
* In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma in Accounting at Asia Pacific University
Upon successful completion of the Diploma Programmes with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, you will be eligible to progress into Year 2 of any of the following degree programmes offered at APU.
Students who undertake this programme will be eligible to progress into Year 2 of:
Accounting, Banking, Finance and Actuarial Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Forex and Investments
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Internal Audit
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in Financial Technology (Fintech)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in Investment and Risk Management
- BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies
Business & Management Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with Specialism in Digital Leadership
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management (HRM)
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management with a specialism in Digital Marketing