Study Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning at the Best University in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning course at Asia Pacific University (APU) is designed for those seeking to embark on a career in the banking or financial services sector. The Banking & Finance programmes at Asia Pacific University provide students with a sound theoretical and practical knowledge and skills base which are pre-requisites to successfully embark on a career in the banking sector or within the larger finance environment. Therefore, a primary objective of the banking & finance programme is to develop knowledgeable and capable students to enable them to secure key positions in the financial services sector in Malaysia. Furthermore, Asia Pacific University (APU) is a top ranked and award-winning private university in Malaysia where students can obtain a high standard of teaching and learning in their accredited courses.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Banking and Finance Degree with specialism in Financial Planning in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
There are many public and private universities in Malaysia offering the banking & finance degree. Thousands of students are also studying the banking & finance course in Malaysia. So, how do you set yourself apart from the rest in the competitive working world of banking & finance.
Students after SPM, UEC or STPM can consider taking theBachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning at Asia Pacific University (APU) where they are the only university in Malaysia offering the Financial Planning specialisation. Furthermore, APU has a globalised student environment where Malaysian students can gain invaluable cultural insights as well as improve their spoken English
There is a demand for top graduates in banking and finance in Malaysia. Salaries for banking & finance graduates in Malaysia can be very high. To succeed in this industry, students should also choose a university where the students communicate in English, so that you can improve your language skills.
Programme Objectives for the Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme at Asia Pacific University
The Objectives of Asia Pacific University’s Accounting, Banking, Finance & Quantitative Studies
Programmes are to:
- Provide you with a rewarding yet challenging learning experience to enable you to be a high quality graduates with the knowledge, skills and understanding for an effective and valued career.
- Enable you to undertake employment in industry, commerce or public service as professionals by developing your capabilities in relation to innovation, integration of ideas and concepts, interactive development, information provision and imaginative approaches to processes and problem solving.
- Provide you with a Personal Development Planning opportunity in relation to enhancing your employability through increasing your independence, inventiveness, ingenuity and developing your all round intelligence in relation to solving problems, decision making, working with other people and communication skills.
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by means of developing knowledge, key skills and a capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Enable you to specialise in depth in areas corresponding to your ability and choice.
The Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme
at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledge and skills relevant to the present banking and wealth management services.
- The necessary basic technical competency and professionalism to become employable in the banking and wealth management industry.
- Exposure to a more in-depth understanding of financial planning and ability to undertake a project which explores this area in a more analytical manner.
Professional Recognition of APU Banking & Finance Courses
APU has been leading the way for its graduates in Professional recognition and exemptions in the areas of Accounting, Banking, Finance and Actuarial Studies. These are valuable not only for moving your career as a full-time professional forward but also for expanding your skills and expertise to become a more well-rounded employee. These recognitions help you become a more desirable job candidate or employee, one who can command a higher salary.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program
APU is a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program. This indicates that at least 70% of CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) is embedded in our curriculum, and students who have completed our Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) programmes are prepared to undertake the exams leading to the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation, which is the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world. In addition, APU is also eligible to receive a limited number of student scholarships for the CFA Program every year.
DID YOU KNOW?
Finance is always at the heart of commerce that no one could get rid of. However, the advent of financial technology has disrupted the delivery of financial services. In order to remain competitive in digital banking sphere, banks have started to employ more staffing resources in the digitisation initiatives. Thus, our Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) (one of the first industry-driven FinTech curriculum in Malaysia) will prepare the graduates to meet the needs of a rapidly disrupted Financial Services industry in Malaysia and internationally with the ability to develop innovative ideas and to employ state-of-the art technologies.
ASIAN INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED BANKERS (AICB)
AICB collaborates with APU in sharing of leading practices, knowledge and expertise in banking trends and developments through industry surveys, publications and thought leadership initiatives.
Fintech Association of Malaysia (FAOM)
All APU Banking & Finance Programmes are empowered by FAOM.
APU is the first University in Malaysia to sign MOA with FAOM to jointly develop future talents to embrace FinTech. FAOM also advises APU in the FinTech curriculum development to align with the industry requirement.
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme at Asia Pacific University
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme at Asia Pacific University
The first year provides the basis and a foundation in banking management and finance related disciplines necessary for the understanding of the more focused business modules studied in the second and final year of the programme.
Students from a wide variety of educational backgrounds are all brought up to a common set of learning outcomes during the first year. This enables us to accept students without specific pre–requisites. The students will study two semesters of modules encompassing a range of subjects fundamental to the understanding of business management and finance.
However students will also be undertake the Introduction to Banking and Finance module to allow early exposure to this areas of study. Students can then continue to the more specialised areas of study in Financial Planning.
- Accounting For Bankers
- Business and Communication Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Introduction to Banking & Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme at Asia Pacific University
The second year will focus on various aspects of personal financial planning including Personal Financial Planning Techniques, Financial Statement Analysis as well as Financial Planning and Control. Students will also be exposed to knowledge of Financial System, Law of Banking & Finance, Financial Reporting and Fundamentals of Investment to produce wholesome graduates. Business Research Methods which exposes students on how to conduct research and write research proposals will also be taught at this level.
Students will also use their co curricular activities (social, sport, cultural etc.) as evidence of the development of your personal skills, which are highly regarded by employers. They will collect this information in a portfolio and submit together with an essay showing how these experiences have helped to develop their employability skills such as social, interpersonal, planning, communications and many others.
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship. This willprepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Banking and Finance with a specialism in Financial Planning.
- Company Account
- Financial Management
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Reporting
- Fundamentals of Investment
- Law of Banking and Finance
- Management Information System
- Business Research Methods
- The Financial System
- Financial Planning and Control
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Personal Financial Planning Techniques
After the completion of Level 2, students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Banking and Finance.
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme at Asia Pacific University
In the final year, students will learn more about the practical aspects of financial planning especially the role of financial planners in providing advisory and consultancy services to customers and managing personal financial risk. Students will also learn about Financial Derivatives and making financial decisions. The Project in Financial Planning further develops the academic and practical aspects of their chosen area of study and reinforces their independent learning skills.
Courses such as Financial Plan Construction and Professional Responsibility as well as Portfolio Management provide the necessary closure to the programme.
- Building Customers Relation
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Derivatives
- Financial Modelling
- International Banking & Investment
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management in Banking
- Financial Plan Construction and Professional Responsibilities
- Investigation in Financial Planning
- Managing Personal Financial Risk
- Project in Financial Planning
Note: The specialism will only appear in the academic transcript.
Recognition & Accreditation of the Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning degree programme at Asia Pacific University
The Financial Accreditation Agency (FAA) has awarded Asia Pacific University with a Provincial Accreditation.
- APU students who specialised in Financial Planning are allowed to sit for the Module 1 and Module 4 exams for the Certificate in Financial Planning (CFP) certification programme without having to attend the required 60 hours of tutorial for each module. For Module 2 and Module 3, students will be allowed to sit for the exams after attending only 40 hours of lectures per module.
- Asia Pacific University’s Banking & Finance degree programmes are also accredited by the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB), and upon completion of the programme, students with CGPA more than 3.0 will be awarded with Executive Banker Certificate.
CAREERS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING
With strong underpinning knowledge in Banking and Finance, graduates who specialise in Financial Planning are able to develop their careers as Financial Analysts, Financial Advisors and Financial Planners, with a focus on managing personal investment portfolios and maximizing returns on investment.
Internship / Industrial Training for Banking & Finance Degree Students at Asia Pacific University
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with industry is incorporated into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability.
In many cases the same company at which you had internship/industrial training will offer you employment as soon as you graduate. In all cases you will gain an invaluable insight into the world of business and management practices and be better equipped to position yourself for the career you seek.
APU’s academic programmes are all approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and the qualifications are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).