Outstanding UK Dual Award Human Resource Management (HRM) Degree in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
In order to succeed in the competitive human resources industry, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study. Students should choose the right university that fits them which has a good reputation for business programs, excellent facilities, top lecturers and an English-speaking student environment. The Human Resource Management degree at Asia Pacific University (APU) is 3 years in duration and students after SPM or Olevels may go for the Foundation in Business & Finance or Diploma in Business Administration before continuing on to the degree. In addition, graduates from Asia Pacific University (APU), will receive a UK Dual Award degree, one from APU and the other from De Montfort University, UK.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Human Resource Management at the Award-Winning Asia Pacific University
At Asia Pacific University students will get a degree awarded by APU as well as De Montfort University, UK. The Human Resource Management degree programme at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of management activities undertaken by managers of Human Resource Management (HRM) in a range of organisations.
- An opportunity to develop well-researched, logical and integrated solutions to multi-faceted problems in uncertain and dynamic contexts.
Vocationally relevant exposure enabling you to become operationally effective in human resource management.
- A wide range of employment skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and interpretive skills, effective written and oral communication, using IT and business applications, and the ability to conduct research into human resource management issues.
The UK Dual Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) before continuing on to the 3-year degree in Human Resource Management. You will need at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects to enter the Foundation course.
Alternatively, with at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students can enter the Diploma in Business Administration for 2 years. After completing the diploma, students will receive advanced standing into Year 2 of the Human Resource Management degree.
Students who have completed a Pre-University course in Malaysia such as Foundation, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CPU, etc may enter into the Human Resource Management Degree Year 1 should they meet the relevant entry requirements at Asia Pacific University.
Intake Dates for the Courses at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
The intake dates for the Certificate, Foundation, Diploma & Degree courses at Asia Pacific University (APU) will change each year but will generally fall on the following months. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact intake dates for your course of interest at Asia Pacific University.
- APU Foundation Intake Dates – February, April, May, July, September and November
- APU Diploma Intake Dates – April, May, July, September and November
- APU Degree Intake Dates – February, April, May, July, September and November
- APIIT Certificate Intake Dates – April, July, September and November
*Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact dates
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
* The requirement to pass Mathematics and English subjects at STPM, A-Level and UEC can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
Year 1 Human Resource Management Degree Subjects at Asia Pacific University
Students will gain basic understanding of the context within which business operate -Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, and Marketing. We will also expose them towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills and quantitative skills, independent learning.
All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they will get a solid grounding in business management theories and practices.introduced.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Human Resource Management Degree Subjects at Asia Pacific University
Students will be exposed to more advanced level of curriculum including behavioural science, business ethics & governance, critical thinking in management, and international culture & communications. In-depth understanding on the discipline and core practices of human resource management will be developed as well.
They will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industry-leading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the workplace and for further researches.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
- Integrated Business Process with SAP ERP System
- Employee Development
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- International Culture and Communications
- Learning, Knowledge and Effective Performance
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- Managing Finance OR Financial Management
- Critical Thinking in Management OR Introduction to Taxation
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Year 3 Human Resource Management Degree Subjects at Asia Pacific University
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in tackling more practical and modern issues of human resource management, through modules that facilitate application of job related skills and knowledge in the field of human resource management.
Leadership and strategic management skills will be taught, with aims to groom them as a global business leader. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually – they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management Project
- International Human Resource Management
- Investigations in Human Resource Management
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Managing People and Performance
- Managing Change
- People Management Debates
- Strategic Human Resource Management
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Compensation & Benefit Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- HR Manager
- Performance Management Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Training & Development Manager
- HR Analyst
- HR Consultant
- HR Director
- Employment Manager
- Talent Champion
- HR Data Analyst
- Compensation Analyst
The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAISCA)
APU degrees enable graduates to satisfy educational requirements of professional registration. Upon successful completion of Bachelor Degrees in Business Management, Human Resource Management and International Business Management, students are eligible for 9-10 subjects (out of 16 subjects) exemption from the MAICSA Professional Diploma in Corporate Administration (PDCA) and MAICSA International Qualifying Scheme (IQS). The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA) was founded in 1959 as an affiliated body to The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) in the United Kingdom. It is now one of the nine Divisions of ICSA worldwide, having achieved a Division status in 2001. Malaysian Government has gazetted MAICSA as a prescribed body under Section 139(A) of the Companies Act 1965, which means that Associate and Fellow members of MAICSA can automatically act as company secretaries without having to apply for a licence from the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM).
MAICSA – 9 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS)
In addition, upon successful completion of BA (Hons) in Business Management, BA (Hons) in International Business Management and BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management, graduates are eligible for 10 papers (out of 16 papers) exemptions from Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries’ Professional Examination. Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS) is an independent, self-regulating local professional body established and registered under the Societies Act 1966 on the 30th November 1989 and has been an approved body under Fourth Schedule of the Companies Act, 2016. Fellows and full members of the Association are qualified to practise as Certified Company Secretaries.
MACS – 10 papers exemptions out of 16 papers
About Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
APU – Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
(*Student Barometer Wave 2015, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’)
Nurturing Professional for Global Careers – The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at international and international levels.
For a full list of Asia Pacific University (APU) awards & achievements, please go to this link.