Outstanding Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia to Study Marketing Management
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Marketing is a degree course that prepares students for a wide range of careers. Among the reasons why one may study marketing is because you get to build a solid foundation of business skills. Marketing covers everything from advertising to market research.
Furthermore, Marketing is a popular degree programme in Malaysia with high job demand and salary. Top marketing professionals can command high salaries earning from RM5000-RM20,000 or more a month. In order to succeed in the competitive workforce in Malaysia, students must choose the best private universities in Malaysia to study the marketing course. Choosing a university might feel like the biggest decision you’ve ever made and you may be overwhelmed with the choices.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Marketing Management Degree Course in Malaysia
Studying a course in marketing can lead an individual into many different sectors of work. With the vast development of technology, it has enabled marketers to have more flexibility when it comes to producing marketing campaigns.
Platforms on social media allow for such specialist strategies to be created. Data has also helped the way in which marketers work. It is used to businesses advantage so that they can target consumers even more effectively. With so many prospects in terms of the technological advances, it makes marketing management a very desirable career to pursue in Malaysia.
High Job Demand and Salary for Marketing Professionals in Malaysia
Another huge benefit of studying marketing is the demand for qualified innovative marketers. In every business and industry in Malaysia, there will be a marketing team. This means that there will always be jobs available in marketing and with a specialised degree in the subject it makes you more appealing to fill marketing job roles.
A high salary can also be another benefit of studying a marketing management course in Malaysia as it offers many career promotional routes into senior positions. Salaries for marketing professionals in top management positions can be very high with excellent remuneration packages.
Furthermore, the demand from top companies in Malaysia always needing marketers and strategists makes it a well-demanded job role. With the more experience gained, the salary benefits will only increase even more. The need for marketing will always exist so progression is inevitable in any marketing career.
In other words, marketing has less to do with getting customers to pay for your product as it does developing a demand for that product and fulfilling the customer’s needs. Good marketing professionals are always in demand in Malaysia and can command high salaries. Many universities in Malaysia offer the degree in marketing therefore it can be confusing to choose the best university that fits you.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia for the Marketing Course
Not all universities and marketing programmes are the same. It is important to choose the best university that fits your needs and career goals. The university should be reputable with many years of experience, ample facilities, experienced lecturers, English-speaking student environment, and an international environment.
After SPM, UEC, O-Levels, A-Levels or STPM , students who like maths, strategy, interacting with people and an active job environment can choose to study marketing. A career in Marketing in Malaysia can bring a high salary if you are good. To be successful in the competitive world of marketing career, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study the marketing degree course.
If you want to be successful in your career in in Marketing Management in Malaysia, choose a top university to nurture your mind and character. The best universities & colleges in Malaysia for Marketing are:
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Taylor’s University
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie
- UCSI University
- HELP University
- First City University College
- Saito University College
- UCSI College
- HELP Academy
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter the Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Marketing degree programme.
Alternatively, students with at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels may enter the Diploma in Business Administration and then transfer their credits into Year 2 of the Marketing Management degree course. PTPN Loan is offered for the Diploma and Degree programmes.
Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the marketing degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements.
Why study marketing?
This is probably the first question you should ask yourself as you consider pursuing a degree in marketing. A marketing degree will open many doors for you in your career, as it is an integral and in-demand job for most companies.
The skills and techniques you’ll learn while studying marketing can help you later on, if you decide to pursue a different type of degree like business management or advertising.
When you study marketing, you’ll acquire knowledge that can help you in any business-related career, because you’ll understand the importance of consumer relations, communication, and the various stakeholders involved.
Basically every company or brand needs a marketing team. When you study marketing you don’t normally study a specific type or area of business, you will study marketing as a whole and all the different responsibilities involved in a marketing career. Once you graduate, you can work for a bank, clothing brand, make up brand, car manufacturer, restaurant, private university or school, mobile phone company, telco, and more.
Furthermore, salaries for marketing professionals tend to be on the high side as well. These will make it appealing for students who want a career that is stable and able to sustain their future lifestyle.
Who Should Study Marketing?
Marketing is an exciting and rewarding career, but you need to possess a combination of several personality traits and characteristics to make it in the marketing world.
Although successful marketing professionals come from different backgrounds there are some personality qualities they tend to have in common; you need to be creative and self-motivated, you have to be able to work well in a team environment, very detail oriented, a planner but also open to last minute changes, you need to be a leader at times and a follower when necessary, you need to know how to stay up-to-date on trends, be optimistic, able to understand your consumer, and so on.
Really, the list could go on and on but you get the basic idea. The truth is that there is no one trait or list of specific traits that a marketing professional needs to have, but a sort of combination of all of them all.
What Subjects You Will Study in the Marketing Management Degree Course at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
It is important that when choosing the right university to study at, you should look at the subjects offered. Many students make the mistake in assuming that subjects for courses are the same at all universities.
- Understanding the Consumer
- Services Marketing
- Marketing in Society
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing and Globalisation
- Marketing Intelligence and Research
- B2B Marketing
- Delivering Customer Value
- Customer Lifestyle and Behavior
- Brand Management
- Building Customer Relationship
- Global Marketing
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Investigations in Marketing Management
- Marketing Decision Making
- Marketing Management Project
- Marketing People, Places and Performance
- Retail Marketing Management
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- One to One Marketing
- Business Research Methods
- Relationship Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Current Issues in Marketing
- Marketing Promotion
How to Choose the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study Marketing Management?
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia to study marketing:
Recognition & Reputation of the Courses in Malaysia
- Is the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree course popular at that university?
- What is the reputation or ranking of the private university in Malaysia? Global ranking by QS World University Rankings or locally by MQA in the SETARA
- Are the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Are the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Are the marketing Diploma or Degree courses accredited and recognised by relevant professional bodies in Malaysia?
- Awards won by the university, staff or students for the particular course of interest. The number of awards won would be a guide on how good the university is for the course.
Academic Quality of the Marketing Courses at the University in Malaysia
- Subjects offered in the marketing Foundation, Diploma or Degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Entry requirements for the Foundation, Diploma & Degree courses at the university in Malaysia (Foreign branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- What is the Class size for the course (Small class size for personal attention)
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Ask your friends who have studied there or currently studying there for their opinion on the teaching quality, environment and facilities.
- Type of programme (local degree, 3+0 UK or Australian degree, 4+0 American degree, degree transfer programme, etc)
- What are the Entry Requirements for the marketing Foundation, Diploma & Degree courses at the university (Foreign Branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements for their courses)
- Does the university have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that university?
- What is the duration of the course? When are the intake dates?
Facilities at the University for the Course of Interest in Malaysia
- Location of the university. Is it in the city, suburbs or country side? Some students prefer a city life while other students prefer a quieter university environment away from the city.
- Size of the university. Courses such as engineering would require larger campuses with technologically advanced facilities, labs and software. Design courses basically require computers & software with small classes for personal attention.
- Transportation. Is the university accessible to you? What are the public transportation available? If you drive, is there ample parking?
- Campus resources (labs, library or resource centre, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
- Facilities for your course of interest. Labs, computers, software, etc.
Cost for your Marketing Management Foundation, Diploma or Degree Studies in Malaysia
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (Costs for university studies in Malaysia would include tuition, hostel, food, transportation, entertainment, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? (Off-campus apartments, houses, condominiums) Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, safe & secure, etc.?
Student Environment and Activities at the University
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- Size of the university or college in Malaysia. Some students prefer a large campus with sports facilities and other resources while other students like small colleges with family-like environment.
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.) Universities with a good proportion of international students will help you to improve your English language skills since you would need to communicate with them in English. In addition, you will learn about their culture, behavior and discover new ideas. These skills will be useful to you when you work overseas or in a multi-national company.
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Is the university campus is a safe area? Safety within the campus and outside.
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
Career Prospects for Marketing Management Professionals in Malaysia
Marketing graduates can work in almost any industry such as health care, advertising, IT, insurance, banking, health products, food & beverage, hospitality, travel & tourism, fashion, education, construction, property, and more.
They can begin work as executives in marketing, customer service, FMCG, business development, public relations, market research, retail management, consultants, account servicing, sales, and more.
With knowledge of marketing in both domestic and international markets, you can aspire to be a professional in marketing management, marketing research, public relations and promotions activities, sales management and sales.
Good marketing professionals can earn a lot when they become marketing managers, directors, or as Vice-President. Top marketing professionals in Malaysia can earn from RM5000-RM20,000 or more a month.
Nature of work of Marketing Professionals in Malaysia
A marketing management degree from a top university in Malaysia will open many doors for you in your career, as it is an integral and in-demand job for most companies. The skills and techniques you’ll learn while studying marketing management can help you later on in your career.
Marketing is a diverse field to work in. Your role as a marketing specialist can fall within several areas, whether it is data based research and analysis of consumer behaviour, or the more interactive task of selling and promoting a service or product to other people. This provides a career in where you can choose your area of work preference, as for those who relish the challenge of networking and creating business relationships will be sure to thrive, and those who prefer a more behind the scenes role in the marketing process will be satisfied with market research or database.
Through the knowledge gained from the marketing management degree programme in Malaysia, graduates will understand how to undertake crucial tasks such as competitor analysis, which allows a business to focus on their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. External factors such as political, economic, social and technological are also learnt through a competitor analysis. It is important to understand the effects that each of these can have on a business.
Marketeers will always be in demand in Malaysia and globally. As long as the concept of an economy exists, and as long as businesses within that economy exist, marketing is always going to be in demand. The marketing role in a business is such an important component as it relates directly to their profit. It is the method by which a service’s quality and usefulness is transmitted to potential customers, and is therefore an indispensable to the business machine. A degree in marketing management, especially from a top private university in Malaysia, will provide you with a skills set which has no expiry date!
In a report by Jobstreet.com posted on Nov 18, 2016, Sales & Marketing professionals are the Most wanted talent in Asia. great prospects lay ahead for sales, marketing and business development professionals in Asia as hirers show high demand for these specialisations, SEEK Asia’s data shows.
Combined records from JobStreet.com and jobsDB, both under SEEK Asia, reflect the region’s current talent demand for the third quarter period of 2016. Over 16% of vacancies in this region are targeted at the sales and marketing professionals, making it one of the most hard-to-fill segments in Asia.
Meanwhile, Asia’s banking and financial industries post the highest job demands in the region.
11 thoughts on “Best Marketing Courses at Top Private Universities in Malaysia”
I’m interested in marketing. May I know which university is good in this course and the students speak mainly in English. Thank you.
Heriot Watt University Malaysia, UCSI University, Asia Pacific University, HELP University, HELP College of Arts & Technology and KDU University College. For more details, please email me your full name and mobile number at firstname.lastname@example.org
hello,im here to get best universiti for my brother who just finish his foundation in international bussiness.. now we plan wanna gave him to do degree but we dont no where the good place are??
It depends on your budget as well. You can consider HELP University or Asia Pacific University
Help me cause I still don’t know which type of marketing should I take
There is only one type of marketing degree course. You just look at the subjects to see which degree fits you.
I’m interesting in marketing..I wanted to ask which university should I get in?? I mean which university best in course marketing..
There is not one best university for marketing. The universities are unique and just depends on which one fits you. Furthermore, you should choose a university where the students speak mainly in English so that it can help you to improve your English.
I’m interesting in marketing so I wanted to ask which university is great in this couse..
Marketing is offered at KDU University College, HELP University, UCSI University, KBU International College and Asia Pacific University. For more details, you may email me at email@example.com with your full name and mobile number.
“Marketing graduates can work in almost any industry such as health care, advertising, IT, insurance, banking, health products, food & beverage, hospitality, travel & tourism, fashion, education, construction, property, and more.” Its nice to know that business graduates can work in all fields.