Affordable High Quality Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours Programme in Malaysia at First City UC
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The First City University College affordable 4-year Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours emphasizes in developing students with broad range of skills and knowledge to fulfill the requirements of a mechanical engineer. It ranges from materials, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, control, instrumentation, design, manufacturing and other specialize areas. It also emphasizes on strengthening students’ analytical and problem solving skills. Many of the modules in this programme will include mini-projects and students will work in groups to produce a solution to a complex engineering problem.
Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels with at least 5 credits may enter the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology before continuing on to Year 1 of the Mechanical Engineering degree.
Alternatively, students who have at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including the relevant subjects, may enter the Diploma in Mechatronic Engineering or Diploma in Electronic Engineering. After the 2.5-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Mechanical Engineering at First City University College.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced coursellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Private University in Malaysia for Mechanical Engineering at First City University College
The First City UC Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours emphasizes in developing students with broad range of skills and knowledge to fulfill the requirements of a mechanical engineer. It ranges from materials, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, control, instrumentation, design, manufacturing and other specialize areas. It also emphasizes on strengthening students’ analytical and problem solving skills. Many of the modules in this programme will include mini-projects and students will work in groups to produce a solution to a complex engineering problem.
Furthermore, the programme aims to impart to students the interpersonal and engineering management skills such as Operations and Quality Management, Engineering Practice and Communication Skills, Professional Practice, and Project Management and Product Development. These cross-disciplinary knowledge allows an engineer to turn a good idea and innovation into a marketable quality product.
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
Intakes for the Mechanical Engineering at First City UC are in February, June and September of each year. The duration of the course is 4 years.
Why Study Engineering at First City UC?
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories
Graduates of this programme should demonstrate the following attributes:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigation into complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations
- Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions;
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings;
- Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours at First City University College
- STPM -Minimum 2Cs (including Mathematics and Physics)
- UEC – Minimum 5Bs (including Mathematics and Physics)
- GCE A-LEVEL – Minimum 2Cs (including Mathematics and Physics)
- FOUNDATION/MATRICULATION – Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0
- DIPLOMA – Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0 / Diploma (Level 4, MQF) in the related field
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS – Other equivalent qualifications which are recognized by the Malaysian government
Course Structure for the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours programme at First City University College
- Engineering Mathematics I & II
- Engineering Statics
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Materials I
- Engineering Dynamics
- Machine Drawing
- Engineering Practice and Communication Skills
- Engineering Mathematics II & III
- C Programming Techniques
- Fluid Mechanics I & II
- Thermodynamics I & II
- Solid Mechanics I & II
- Introduction to Microprocessor
- Mechanical Engineering Design I & II
- Heat Transfer
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Manufacturing Processes
- Engineering Economics
- Integrated Design Project
- Control Systems
- Numerical Analysis and Statistics
- Electrical Power and Machines
- Integrated Design Project
Upon completion of Year 3, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training
- Final Year Project
- Operations and Quality Management
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Mechanical Vibration
- Elective 1
- Professional Practice
- Project Management and Product Development
- Elective 2
List of Elective Modules
- Finite Element Method
- Manufacturing Systems
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Engineering Tribology
- Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Project / Site Engineer
- Research Engineer