Heriot-Watt University Malaysia – Study at a Top Ranking UK University in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Heriot-Watt University’s 190-year history began in 1821, when they established the world’s first Mechanics Institute (the School of Arts of Edinburgh). Heriot-Watt University is one of the UK’s leading universities for innovative education and is recognised internationally as a centre for high-calibre research. Heriot-Watt University is a top ranked UK university and offers first rate courses at its Malaysian campus. Malaysians now can have huge savings and obtain the best of British Education at top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. In addition, to find out more about the world and UK rankings for Heriot-Watt University, you may go to this link.
The University has been commended by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for the quality of its educational programmes and the strength of its partnership with students and our aim is to replicate this at their Malaysia Campus; providing an excellent on-campus student experience with a range of facilities and student accommodation nearby.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes in Malaysia at Top Ranking Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia offers the same high-quality education provided in the UK and at their campus in Dubai, creating opportunities for students to transfer between campuses. All of the programmes offered here at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia are identical to the ones offered in the UK and Dubai campuses. The same course leader oversees the courses offered globally, therefore providing students with a seamless experience whenever they transfer to any of the campuses.
Additionally, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia students have the choice to benefit from an international experience for part of their studies, joining students in Edinburgh or Dubai for part of their degree programme. Heriot-Watt students are encouraged to take advantage of its Go Global programme, which allows them to transfer to any of its other campuses in the UK and Dubai seamlessly as long as their programme is offered at their campus of choice.
In the Malaysia campus alone, they have students from 55 countries, including close to 80 UK students who have transferred here.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Intake Dates
Intakes for Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation programmes are in April, July and September of each year.
Each year in January, there will be intake for certain Degree programme. The main intake for all programmes is in September of each year.
For the exact dates of the intakes, please WhatsApp 01111408838.
Future Made since 1821
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia offers high quality British education and global study opportunities at our modern campus in Putrajaya.
Heriot-Watt University is celebrating the 200th anniversary of its founding roots in Scotland in 1821, which created the world’s first mechanics institute in the heart of Edinburgh.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has a long tradition of excellence and a proven track record in educating, inspiring and challenging the professionals of tomorrow. They are one of the top UK universities for business and industry and have an established reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research.
The University and their programmes are in the top rankings in the UK and globally.
In 2021, Heriot-Watt was ranked at 301 by QS World University Rankings and Ranked in the top 250 universities worldwide (201-250) for Engineering and Technology by Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
It is ranked 11th in UK for Mathematics (Data Science) by The Complete University Guide UK and Top 10 in UK for Mechanical Engineering by Guardian University Guide 2021.
In additioin, 82% of their research ranked ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ – REF 2014
Heriot-Watt University high-quality, career-relevant degrees
The degree programmes at Heriot-Watt are career-focused and relevant to the needs of business and industry, leading employers to actively seek out their graduates. They work in partnership with the professions to develop and accredit their degrees, ensuring career-relevant education and an environment that helps to foster the leaders of tomorrow. The aim is to equip their graduates with the skills to achieve their ambitions and perform at a high level in their careers.
For over 20 years Heriot-Watt University has been committed to providing education of the highest standard to students around the world including:
- a pioneering distance learning programme, launched in 1990 to allow students worldwide to study a Heriot-Watt University degree
- the Dubai Campus, opened in 2005, was the first overseas campus in Dubai International Academic City. In 2011 they capitalised on their success by opening the first purpose-built campus
- Today the university has 29,500 students studying their programmes in 143 countries
- Heriot-Watt University future in Malaysia is an exciting one with the recent opening of the new green campus.
The Best Foundation Programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation Programme offers the following tailored pathways into the some of the best undergraduate degree programmes in Malaysia.
The best business degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Actuarial Science BSc (Hons)
- Accounting & Business Finance MA (Hons)
- International Business Management MA (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration BBA (Hons)
- Business and Finance MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Enterprise MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Human Resource Management MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Marketing MA (Hons)
The best data science degree programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The best psychology degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Best Engineering & BUilt Environment Degree Programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Chemical Engineering with Oil and Gas Technology (MEng)
- Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) / (MEng)
- Construction Project Management BSc (Hons)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons) / MEng
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Petroleum Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)
The Best Postgraduate Degree Programmes at Heriot Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University offers a range of professionally relevant and recognised postgraduate degree programmes. The disciplines are designed to meet the demand and economic drivers in the South East Asia region and currently include business, energy, built environment and a range of engineering specialisms.
- Business Psychology MSc
- Construction Project Management MSc
- Energy MSc
- International Business Management with Marketing MSc
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Petroleum Engineering MSc
- Quantity Surveying MSc
- Renewable Energy Engineering MSc
- Strategic Project Management MSc
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Furthermore, scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, O-Levels, A-Levels, UEC, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CIMP or other Pre-University examinations. The PTPTN Loan is available for their degree programmes.
About Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, One of the Best Universities in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s first premises in Putrajaya opened to students in early 2013. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s purpose-built campus in the city of Putrajaya is based only 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur.
Students at the Putrajaya campus join a vibrant, diverse community. The multi-cultural character of the campus provides opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and enjoy a supportive environment to help you make the best of your time as a student.
The university offers a range of activities to help students settle into university life, make friends and feel part of the university community. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides opportunities for students to develop important skills and gain valuable experience, in addition to those offered by their academic programmes.
The university’s strengths and experience in business, finance, manufacturing, engineering, energy and the built environment research match well with local industry interests seeking opportunities to build links. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia already has relationships with some of the international companies with headquarters in Malaysia, particularly in areas such as electronics, photonics, marine and oil and gas.
An iconic curved green roof at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University is Malaysia’s first purpose-built green campus. The campus is remarkable for having the first green roof of its kind in Malaysia which will act as an observation deck, accessible by glass lift. The 300 metre long, 30 metre wide green roof requires a combination of particular soil, waterproofing, an irrigation system and grasses to avoid erosion.
The development is marked by its environmentally friendly, passive design features including campus lighting ‘powered’ by the maximum use of natural daylight, a rainwater harvesting system and optimised air-conditioning and thermal control systems.
Green Prospects Asia has featured the new campus with its unique, arching green roof that curves from the ground to the fourth floor. According to the publication, “It is expected to be a landmark feature in Putrajaya.”
A state-of-the-art learning environment at Heriot Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s campus is located close to the Putrajaya marina and to other purpose-built, modern leisure and sports facilities.
Situated in a stunning lakeside location in Putrajaya, the building boasts a variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and easy access to IT facilities with wifi available throughout. Heriot-Watt University’s teaching spaces will be flexibly designed to allow for traditional lectures and studio-based learning, complemented by high-quality electronic teaching and learning resources.
There are common rooms throughout the campus, giving students space to socialise and relax. On the promenade, facing the lake, is the cafeteria with other stores and retail outlets planned.
The campus will provide a state-of-the-art teaching and learning environment, reflecting the university’s status as a leading provider of high-quality, professionally orientated education, knowledge transfer and research. When the campus is fully developed the university aims to support up to 4,000 students.
About Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University’s heritage dates back to 1821 since when their community of scholars has been developing transformational solutions to specific global problems. They are specialists in engineering, business and science and leaders in innovative global education for a future world.
Heriot-Watt University is global
- Heriot-Watt University has five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning Partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries
- Heriot-Watt University has over 30,000 students studying at their campuses and online through distance learning (year end 2016)
- One third of their on-campus students studying in Scotland are from outside the UK, making Heriot-Watt one of the most internationally diversified of any UK university
Heriot-Watt University is connected
- The Watt Club is oldest graduate club in the UK
- Heriot-Watt University has over 116,000 alumni worldwide in over 190 countries
- They are the university of choice for business and industry and Heriot-Watt University graduates are sought by the best organisations worldwide
Heriot-Watt University are experts and leaders
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 ranked Heriot-Watt 22nd in the UK, with 82% of our research as world-leading or internationally excellent
- Heriot-Watt University is 9th in the UK and 1st in Scotland for research impact
- Over 80% of Heriot-Watt University academic staff are currently engaged in research at internationally recognised levels
- Heriot-Watt University is in the top 2% of universities globally, based on approximately 10,000 universities in the world (QS World’s University Rankings 2017/18)
- The National Student Survey 2016 placed Heriot-Watt University 28th in the UK and joint 3rd in Scotland, with 90% of students were satisfied overall with their course in over half of the University’s subject areas
- Top 30 in the UK and 4th in Scotland in the Guardian University League Table 2018
- Heriot-Watt University is 39th in the world and 13th in the UK for their international outlook based on THE World University Rankings 2016/17
- 95% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduation
Heriot-Watt University’s alumni in Malaysia
With 3,500 alumni, Malaysia has the biggest group of Heriot-Watt graduates outside of the UK and the university looks forward to the growth of this group as their new campus at Putrajaya becomes established. Current students can also benefit from the existing network with access to alumni mentoring, guest lectures, internships and other available services.
Many of the university’s Malaysian alumni have gone on to key roles with some of the country’s major companies, such as Petronas, YTL Corporation Berhad, Exxon Mobil, Motorola and PwC.
Why Study at Heriot-Watt University
As one of the most progressive and international institutions based in Scotland, you will have the opportunity to thrive, both personally and academically during your time with Heriot-Watt.
- You will learn from world leading academics
- Heriot-Watt University’s learning environment seeks to offer you the very best in terms of study programmes which apply knowledge to real world challenges. We are ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2017/18) and in the top 20 universities in the UK (The Guardian University League Table 2017). We are top 10 in the UK and 1st in Scotland for research impact (REF 2014).
- Heriot-Watt University offers help to finance your studies
- Each year the university enable hundreds of students to enhance their educational experience through a variety of Heriot-Watt and externally funded Scholarships and bursaries, including opportunities funded by the University’s generous Alumni community, based all over the globe.
- You will become globally connected
- Heriot-Watt University encourages you to see the world, then change it. The university has 5 campuses and 150 learning partners around the world. You can take advantage of opportunities to transfer your study to campuses in Scotland, Dubai and Malaysia through their Go Global inter campus exchange programme. Heriot-Watt University is one of Scotland’s most international universities, so there are plenty of opportunities to meet the world at their UK campuses.
- You will become highly employable
- The very nature of a Heriot-Watt research-informed education, underpinned by their values, ensures you will have the opportunity to develop leadership skills and confidence to be specialists in your chosen fields and professions. Global companies actively seek out our graduates as they are work ready. This is why more than 95% of Heriot-Watt University students are in graduate-level jobs or further study six months after completing their programme.
- You will develop life-long connections
- When you join Heriot-Watt you become part of a global family. Heriot-Watt has over 116,000 alumni worldwide. The Watt Club was founded in 1854 and is the oldest graduate club in the UK. Lifetime membership is automatic upon graduation from Heriot-Watt, and is free to all graduates of the University.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
Heriot-Watt has been named International University of the Year by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018. The university is ranked among the World’s Top 500 by all three major rankings – 312 in QS World University Rankings, 351-400 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 401-500 in Academic Ranking of World Universities.
In the latest Research Excellence Framework, Heriot-Watt was ranked overall in the Top 25% of UK universities and 1st in Scotland for research impact. It has been rated ‘silver’ in the latest UK Teaching Excellence Framework.
Research Standards at Heriot-Watt University
The university offers the advantages of a research-led teaching environment where advances in relevant fields are reflected in the syllabus.
In the 2008 RAE, 50% of the University’s research was rated as internationally excellent. Heriot-Watt had one of the highest RAE staff submission rates among Scottish universities.
The University plays a leading role in a number of Scottish research pooling initiatives including in the areas of Engineering (Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering), Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics and Marine Science.
The University has an extensive portfolio of research collaborations and is expanding this through the development of strategic alliances with key industry partners.
Heriot-Watt University delivers globally relevant and pioneering research with real impact. Our research informs policy, changes the world we live in and solves real problems for business and industry. In the REF 2014 survey of all UK universities:
- 82% of our research was found to be world-class
- we were 1st in the UK for General Engineering (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 2nd in the UK for Architecture, Built Environment and Planning (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 5th in the UK for Mathematical Sciences (joint submission with Edinburgh University).
Internationally Recognised Research at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University is recognised internationally as a centre for high calibre research in science, engineering and business, and we are one of the UK’s leading universities for cutting edge, applied research.
The university continues to attract significant research funding year on year and nearly 90% ofHeriot-Watt University academic staff are involved in research activity.
World-Leading Expertise at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s expertise in science and engineering is considered world leading and we are renowned for our applied and technological research and for our industry-oriented collaborative work.
Heriot-Watt University also works hard to share this expertise and participate extensively in Knowledge Transfer which helps businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity.
Recent research in marine conservation for example has focused on marine habitat mapping for conservation purposes in the UK, Galapagos, Ecuador, Colombia and Panama alongside work to understand the impact of climate change (e.g. ocean warming and acidification) on marine species and habitats. Similar projects are being set up in Malaysia.
A Platform for Research Partnerships
The new Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Putrajaya campus will provide a dynamic platform from the creation of partnerships with other local universities through which the university can deliver research studentships and other funded research activities.
The university also hopes to work with Universities and other Higher Education Institutions in the surrounding region, particularly with those from ASEAN countries.
Key Areas of Research that Heriot-Watt University Malaysia will engage in
Examples of the areas Heriot-Watt University Malaysia expects to engage in include, sustainable development, biotechnologies, energy, water resource management, smart textiles and interior environments. It is likely that our research and knowledge transfer activities in Malaysia will reflect the six themes of the University’s core strategy which are:I
- Environment and Climate Change
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Physical and Life Sciences Interface
- Modeling and Risk
- Creativity, Design and Innovation
Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the latest Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Prospectus. Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. In addition, to find out more about the world and UK rankings for Heriot-Watt University, you may go to this link.
Furthermore, scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, O-Levels, A-Levels, UEC, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CIMP or other Pre-University examinations. Students may also apply for the PTPN Loan for the degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.