Top Private Universities to Study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels should choose the best colleges or universities in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to continue on in the degree programme.
With any 3 credits in SPM including Maths & Science and a Pass in BM & Sejarah, you can go for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at a top private university in Malaysia. After the 2.5-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Degree at the same university or college if the degree course is offered. There is no need to perform exemptions if you continue on to degree at the same university.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Excellent Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronic Engineering Degree & Diploma Courses
Upon completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you may transfer your credits into Year 2 of the Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering degree at top private universities in Malaysia.
- Top private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Mechanical Engineering degree course are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Southampton University, Taylor’s University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie , KDU Penang University College.
- Malaysia’s Top private universities offering the Mechatronic Engineering degree programme that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia are Asia Pacific University & UCSI University.
- The best university colleges in Malaysia for Diploma in Mechatronic Engineering are First City University College and KDU Penang University College
- Best university for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is MAHSA University
Why Study the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering instead of Foundation?
If you are sure of what course you want to study for your degree, you can just go straight into the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. If you are not sure of what you want to study in the degree, go for Foundation because you have one year to decide on what to take for your degree. You can apply up to RM8,000 a year for the PTPN Loan while there is no loan for the Foundation.
- SPM (5 relevant credits) – Foundation (1 year) – Degree (3 years)
- SPM (3 relevant credits) – Diploma (2 or 2.5 years) – enter degree Year 2 (3 years)
Low Cost Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia after SPM at Top Rated MAHSA University
Students after SPM or O-Levels who want to enter the 2.5-year low cost Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University, will need at least 3 credits in the relevant subjects. The cheaply available Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University is a 2 ½ year programme, in line with the requirements of the Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Therefore students may apply for the PTPN Loan.
MAHSA University at its new campus. In addition, the cost of on-campus hostel accommodation at MAHSA University is very affordable compared to other top private universities in Malaysia. Students will learn in an ultra modern, new purpose-built campus at Bandar Saujana Putra.
The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University is a 2 ½ year diploma and provides an opportunity for students to learn theoretical and practical skills to work in the mechanical and manufacturing industries. Mechanical engineering skills are highly needed as there is a shortage of technicians everywhere.
Mechanical engineering is a diverse and challenging field where students will use practical skills combined with innovative thinking to design and build mechanical devices, systems and machines.
Entry Requirements for MAHSA University’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with at least credits in 3 subjects, including Mathematics and 1 relevant science/technical/vocational subject AND a pass in English
- Pass STPM or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and 1 relevant science/technical/vocational subject at the SPM level
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering/ Engineering Technology or its equivalent
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical/ Skills Certificate or its equivalent with 1 year of relevant work experience or a minimum 1 semester of a bridging programme
Advantages of Studying MAHSA University’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is awarded by MAHSA University, a recognized university in the region.
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is benchmarked to the quality standards and approved by the Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). The teaching staff in the faculty comprises of professors and lecturers with vast experience from the different fields of specializations. The faculty also employs Professional Engineers who have wide industry experience to be part of the academic team.
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is very affordable and there are education loans available for students who wish to further seek out additional financial assistance.
- The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MAHSA University is a 2 ½ year programme, in line with the requirements of the Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Programme Structure for MAHSA University’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|1||Mathematics 1||DSM 1013|
|Communicative English||DEL 1033|
|Engineering Drawing||DME 1012|
|Science Laboratory||DSM 1052|
|2||Mathematics 2||DSM 1043|
|Computer Programming||DME 1033|
|Material Science||DME 1043|
|Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1||MPU 2133|
|Pengajian Malaysia 2||MPU 2163|
|3||Mechanical Technology Laboratory 2||DME 1062|
|Introduction to Information Technology||MPU 2223|
|Family Structure||DCE 1072|
|Family Structure||MPU 2332|
|4||Mathematics 3||DSM 2013|
|Solid Mechanics||DME 2013|
|Thermodynamics 1||DME 2023|
|Computer Aided Design||DME 2042|
|Mechanical Technology Laboratory 2||DME 2052|
|Community Work||MPU 2412|
|5||Fluids Mechanics||DME 2063|
|Thermodynamics 2||DME 2073|
|Mechanical Design 1||DME 2083|
|Manufacturing Technology||DME 2093|
|Mechanical Technology Laboratory 3||DME 2102|
|6||Industrial Training||DCE 2114|
|7||Mechanical Design 2||DME 3013|
|Mechanics of Machines||DME 3023|
|Final Project||DME 3043|
|Mechanical Technology Laboratory 4||DME 3032|
|Elective 1||DME 3XX3|
|Elective 2||DME 3XX3|
|ELECTIVE||Electrical & Electronics Technology||DME 3053|
|Management for Engineers||DME 3063|
|Engineering Health & Safety||DME 3073|
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Nilai University
This internationally-recognised diploma prepares you for a career in the field of mechanical engineering by equipping you with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide engineering services in the areas of process design, product manufacturing, energy generation, the creation of new materials and many more.
Graduates of this programme are qualified to continue into a degree programme at Nilai University or with our reputable partner universities. The broad-based modules give you the flexibility to pursue a degree in various other areas of engineering specialisations such as aerospace, chemical, civil and many more
Nilai University’s engineering programmes feature licensed MATLAB, Simulink, Multisim, Autocad, SolidWorks, Ansys, CNC Simulator and Emulator software to study the advances in the field of Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, and Automotive Engineering and to take up in-house projects.
Students will undergo training as part of the syllabus on Solidworks and Anysys software; the former will teach students how to create components with parametic methods and to create assemblies while the latter will impart knowledge on computer aided engineering analysis. You are given the opportunity to take the Dale Carnegie & the Outward Bound courses at Nilai University
Transfer credits from Diploma in Mechanical Engineering into Degree Year 2 into Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Most diplomas in mechanical engineering can be transferred to another college or university into the Year 2 of the relevant programme. If you have taken the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it is highly likely that you can enter into Year 2 of the degree in Mechanical Engineering.
However, if you go from the Diploma in Civil Engineering into the Degree in Mechanical Engineering, then you may not get the optimum amount of exemptions because the subjects in your diploma are not similar with the degree course of the university that you want to transfer to.
To transfer your credits into another university, you will need to submit the following documents for exemptions:
- Transcripts from your current college or university
- Course outline for all the subjects taken
- Letter of completion or Diploma Certificate
- Copy of SPM Certificate