List of Outstanding Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia Offering the Hotel Management & Tourism Management Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The demand for well trained hospitality management & tourism management professionals will continue to increase in Malaysia as well as globally therefore providing excellent opportunities for jobs. Students should choose the best universities in Malaysia for hotel management or hospitality management to study so that they can acquire the necessary knowledge & skills to be able to find work hotel & tourism industry globally. In order to help students to choose the best private colleges and universities in Malaysia to study hotel or hospitality management and tourism management, I have come up with a list to top institutions for you to choose from.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
List of Ten Outstanding Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Hotel Management, Hospitality Management and Tourism Management
- Taylors University
- UOWM KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- Berjaya University College of Hospitality
- Sunway University
- YTL International College of Hotel Management
- First City University College
- UCSI University KL
- UCSI University Sarawak
Job Demand for Hospitality & Tourism Globally
The United Nations World Tourist Organisation’s Tourism 2020 Vision forecasts that international arrivals are expected to reach nearly 1.6 billion by the year 2020. East Asia and the Pacific, Asia, the Middle East and Africa are forecasted to record growth at rates of over 5% year, compared to the world average of 4.1%.
Total export earnings generated by international tourism in 2013 reached US$ 1.4 trillion. The demand for well trained hospitality professionals will continue to increase. Students must choose the best universities to obtain their training so that they can be successful in the competitive hotel & tourism industry. Having a good command of the English language will be advantageous.
With the rise of China’s inbound and outbound tourism, opportunities abound for those who are proficient in both English and Mandarin.
Education Pathway to a Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure that they want a career in the vibrant hotel industry can choose to study the Diploma in Hotel Management at top private universities and colleges in Malaysia. Students will need at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels to join the 2-year diploma.
Upon completion of the Diploma, students can continue on to the Hospitality Management or Hotel Management Degree entering into Year 2 for another 2 years.
If you are still unsure of what to study, then you can go for the 1-year Foundation course with 5 credits and then enter into the Degree programme for 3 years. Students with UEC, A-Levels, Foundation, STPM or external Pre-University programme with relevant results may enter directly into the Hotel Management or Hospitality Management course.
Having a good command of the English language will be advantageous. With the rise of China’s inbound and outbound tourism, opportunities abound for those who are proficient in both English and Mandarin.
What will you Learn in a Hotel or Tourism Management Degree?
Studying Hotel Management or Hospitality Managementcovers a variety of topics concerning the operational aspects of hoteliery. Degree courses in hotel management at universities would include topics such as marketing, eco-tourism, leisure, business administration and management.
A Hotel Manager would coordinate many operational tasks in order to successfully manage a hotel. Therefore, managing a hotel would require knowledge and skills within a wide variety of fields. And that’s why a degree in hotel management can be so diverse and interesting. Many students find hotel management to be a rewarding and challenging degree program and a qualification that will provide employment opportunities across the globe.
In the degree, students will acquire skills to effectively manage different responsibilities like reception and concierge services, restaurant and bar functions, administration, management and marketing. In addition, students will learn how to use software that are widely used in the hospitality industry, such as Delphi (Catering System), Opera (Property Management System), Micros (Point of Sales) and AutoCAD (hotel planning and design).
On the other hand, Tourism Management oversees all activities related to the tourism and hospitality industries. It also covers a wide variety of subjects and the degree prepares students with experience, and training for management positions in the food, accommodations, and tourism industry. Tourism management might also include the enterprises, associations, and public authorities that market tourism services to potential travellers.
Tourism, or the idea of people traveling to destinations away from their home for business or pleasure, is a growing field with many opportunities. For tourism professionals, these opportunities include work in the facilities where tourists stay as well as employment in the activities tourists undertake during these trips. People embark on tourism for all kinds of reasons: to relax, to visit family, to take in new cultures, and as part of business and professional outings. As an industry, tourism is important to development, growth, and economic potential.
Tourism management covers three areas:
- Business administration functions, such as finance, human resources, and marketing
- Management theories and principles
- Tourism industry topics, such as travel motivation, environmental factors, and tourism organizations
A hotel and tourism management course is highly practical and comes with an internship at the end of the course.
What will you study in a Hotel Management Degree?
- Business of Tourism & Hospitality
- English for Hospitality & Tourism
- Kitchen Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Beverage Studies
- Food Science & Sanitation
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication
- Accommodation Operations
- Quantitative Methods
- Tourism Information Systems & E-Commerce
- Principles of Marketing
- Sales & Customer Relations Management
- Accommodation Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions (MICE) Management
- Tourism & Hospitality Law
- Research Methodology
- Foreign Language
- Convention & Banquet Sales
- Organisational Behaviour & Practices
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Management Accounting
- Hospitality Human Resources Management
- Tourism Economics
- Revenue Management
- Entrepreneurship for Hospitality
- Intercultural Management
- Financial Management
- Hospitality Simulation
- Service Quality Management
- Hotel Planning & Design
What will you study in a Tourism Management Degree?
- Understanding Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure Management
- IT Application in the Service Environment
- Tourism Geography
- Tourism Professional Activity
- Travel Industry Operations
- Transportation for Tourism
- Intercultural Diversity in the Service Industry
- Economics in the Service Environment
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Themed Attraction Management
- Special Interest Tourism
- Accounting for the Service Industry
- Marketing for the Service Industry
- Asian Heritage Tourism
- Corporate and Incentive Travel Management
- Service Quality Management
- Strategy and Innovation for the Service Industry e-Travel
- Gastronomic Tourism
- Revenue and Profit Management
- Tour Vacation Packages Management
- Law for Hospitality and Tourism
- Statistics for the Service Industry
- Research Methods for the Service Industry
- Honours Seminar Series
- Managing People in the Service Industry
- Tourism Destination Planning & Development