Get a Top Ranked UK BSc (Hons) in Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students can now get a top ranked UK Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Construction Project Management degree in Malaysia at one of the best universities in Malaysia, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. The new state-of-the-art green campus at Putrajaya is now opened and students can also transfer to the UK for their final year with a tuition rebate.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can enter into Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s Foundation in Business first before proceeding to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Construction Project Management . Those who have completed a Pre-University course in Malaysia such as Foundation, STPM, UEC, A-Levels, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CPU, etc may enter directly into the degree course with the relevant results.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
The Best BSc (Hons) in Construction Project Management Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Construction Project Management degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia will prepare you for a career in the management of construction projects
from inception to completion, including throughout all stages of the design and construction process.
Much of the curriculum is concerned with the management and supervision of construction sites and the resource planning connected with large scale projects.
There is also a strong emphasis on construction technology as well as on courses that give students a background in valuation and procurement.
There is strong demand for built environment professionals in construction sectors on a global scale; the profession of project management needs highly qualified graduates with specialist knowledge in their field as well as an awareness of the wider issues of construction project management.
Programme Structure of the Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
First year Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
This gives detailed consideration of the knowledge base required in construction and property, whilst developing the economic, legal, technical and managerial knowledge. Courses include: Cost Modelling and Measurement; Construction Technology; Construction IT and Facilities Management Principles.
Second year Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Students are now focused on their degree discipline and the structure of the programme reflects this. Courses covering Project Planning; Safety Management and Site Establishment; Procurement and Contracts; Design for Construction; and Cost Control. This work is linked to case studies to allow theory and practice to be illustrated.
Third year Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The final Level of the programme completes students’ knowledge and helps consolidate learning prior to employment. Students
also specialise through completing a research dissertation in a topic of their choice. The final year interdisciplinary project allows students to draw on their Construction Project Management knowledge as they complete a work-based project.
Accreditation of the Construction Project Management Programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
In accordance with Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s normal practice our professionally orientated programmes are designed to meet the educational requirements for membership of relevant professional institutions.
In addition to accreditation within Malaysia, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia seeks accreditation by the relevant UK or international professional bodies in accordance with their standard procedures.
The Construction Project Management Programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia programme is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and theChartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Career opportunities for Construction Project Management in Malaysia
The main graduate destination is in the discipline of Project Management within the construction sector. The Construction Project
Management programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is focused on delivering high quality graduates for the public and private sector in client, consultancy and contracting organisations.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia graduates work for national and international contracting firms and project management consultants including MACE Construction, Miller Construction, Carillion Group, Tesco, Balfour Beattie, Laing O’Rourke, Graham Construction and Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd.
Teaching and assessment Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Teaching involves a mix of lectures, tutorials and practical work. Assessment is by a combination of coursework and examination. By the final year, coursework assessment principally through the design project and research dissertations accounts for 50% of the final assessment.
Entry requirements for Construction Project Management at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science or Foundation in Business and Design: CCCC
- GCE A-Level:BBB
- STPM: BBB
- Diploma deemed recognised by the Malaysia Government
- Any other relevant qualification deemed recognised by the Malaysia Government
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
About Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, One of the Best Universities in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s first premises in Putrajaya opened to students in early 2013. Situated in Putrajaya Holdings’ prestigious headquarters in Menara PjH in the centre of Putrajaya, it is a great facility which provides an excellent environment for academic study.
Herriot-Watt University Malaysia’s new campus will proivde exceptional facilities on a stunning lakeside location in Putrajaya.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s purpose-built campus in the city of Putrajaya is based only 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur.
Situated in a stunning lakeside location, the building boasts a variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and easy access to IT facilities with wifi available throughout.
Students at the Putrajaya campus join a vibrant, diverse community. The multi-cultural character of the campus provides opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and enjoy a supportive environment to help you make the best of your time as a student.
The university offers a range of activities to help students settle into university life, make friends and feel part of the university community. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides opportunities for students to develop important skills and gain valuable experience, in addition to those offered by their academic programmes.
There are common rooms throughout the campus, giving students space to socialise and relax. On the promenade, facing the lake, is the cafeteria with other stores and retail outlets planned.
Heriot-Watt University is Malaysia’s first purpose-built green campus
The construction of Heriot-Watt University’s purpose-built campus in Malaysia started in May 2012 and it will open its doors in September 2014.
The £35m ‘green campus’ is located on the waterfront commercial district of Precinct 5 and will offer integrated educational facilities combined with a small number of diverse commercial outlets.
The development is marked by its environmentally friendly, passive design features including campus lighting ‘powered’ by the maximum use of natural daylight, a rainwater harvesting system and optimised air-conditioning and thermal control systems.
A state-of-the-art learning environment at Heriot Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s teaching spaces will be flexibly designed to allow for traditional lectures and studio-based learning, complemented by high-quality electronic teaching and learning resources. A variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and easy access to IT facilities with wifi will be available throughout the campus.
The campus will provide a state-of-the-art teaching and learning environment, reflecting the university’s status as a leading provider of high-quality, professionally orientated education, knowledge transfer and research.
The vision is that the campus will be a dynamic, exciting place which maximises the potential of its lakeside setting and provides our students with an exceptional range of facilities for study and student life. When the campus is fully developed the university aims to support up to 4,000 students.
The university is well known for their leadership on critical global issues and helping to create solutions for a complex world in areas such as climate change and energy. Heriot-Watt University’s research and knowledge transfer strategy will contribute to Malaysia’s drive to nurture, attract and retain graduates with the skills and attributes to become the country’s business leaders.
The university’s strengths and experience in business, finance, manufacturing, engineering, energy and the built environment research match well with local industry interests seeking opportunities to build links.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia already has relationships with some of the international companies with headquarters in Malaysia, particularly in areas such as electronics, photonics, marine and oil and gas.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides a multi-cultural, friendly campus community
Students at the Putrajaya campus will join a vibrant, diverse community.
The multi-cultural, character of the campus will provide opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and you’ll enjoy a supportive environment that will ensure you can make the best of your time as a student.
Access to a wide range of leisure facilities
Heriot-Watt University’s campus is located close to the Putrajaya marina and to other purpose-built, modern leisure and sports facilities.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving students.
About Heriot-Watt University, a Top Ranking UK University now in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s 190-year history began in 1821, when they established the world’s first Mechanics Institute (the School of Arts of Edinburgh).
Heriot-Watt University is one of the UK’s leading universities for innovative education and is recognised internationally as a centre for high-calibre research.
Heriot-Watt University has 1,737 members of staff, including 480 academic and 180 research staff. The university offers over 400 programmes through their 6 academic schools and 2 postgraduate institutes.
Heriot-Watt University has over 82,000 alumni spread across the globe and 3500 in Malaysia. Graduates can join the alumni association, The Watt Club, which was founded in 1854 making it the oldest graduate club in the UK.
The strong alumni base gives students opportunities to interact with industry representatives as well as their staff. This is proven statistically, with 94.3 per cent of Heriot-Watt University’s graduates employed within 6 months of graduation globally, ranking the university 10th in the UK for graduate employment.
Its success rate in the job market comes from a focus on courses which are geared to industry and which have a professional outcome. Strong links with the industry are a key factor, from alliances with oil and gas companies to research collaborations with more than 25 countries globally
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. For information on hostel accommodation at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, go to this link. Scholarships are available to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
Heriot-Watt University’s students
- 7,880 students on UK campuses, including 5,800 undergraduates and 2,080 postgraduates.
- 3,181 students at our Dubai Campus, including 2,181 undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates.
- The Watt Club, our alumni association, was founded in 1854 making it the oldest graduate club in the UK. The Club connects over 88,000 of our alumni.
Career-relevant education at Heriot-Watt University
Responding to the needs of business and industry defines their approach. Heriot-Watt University work in partnership with the professions to develop their degrees, ensuring a career-relevant education and an environment that helps to foster the leaders of tomorrow.
Their practical, leading edge research is focused on providing solutions and is helping to tackle some of the key challenges facing contemporary society.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
Heriot-Watt University is ranked 352nd in the world, 40th in UK and 7th in Scotland for the QS World’s Top Universities. This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
- Heriot-Watt has been ranked 47th in world, 3rd in UK, and 1st in Scotland, in the QS world ranking of universities under 50 years of age.
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
QS World’s University Rankings 2016/17
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 327th in the world, 41st in UK and 7th in Scotland
- This places Heriot-Watt University in the top 4% of universities globally, based on approximately 10,000 universities in the world
- The University was also ranked in the UK top ten for our proportion of international students and international faculty.
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016
- Top 50 worldwide for Mineral & Mining Engineering (34th in the world)
- Top 150 worldwide for Civil & Structural Engineering
- Ranked in the top universities worldwide for eight subjects: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mineral & Mining Engineering, Computer Science & Information Systems, Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy.
Heriot-Watt University consistently achieves high ranking across a number of key university league tables:
- Guardian University Guide 2016 – 18th place Overall
- National Student Survey 2013 – 11th in the UK and second in Scotland
- The Complete University Guide 2016 – 37th Overall
- Times Higher Education World University Ranking – 22nd in the world for ‘International outlook’
- Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 – 41st in the UK and sixth in Scotland
Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’
THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.
- In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 27th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ranked 27th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- 2nd in UK for Building and Town & Country Planning
- 3rd in UK for Accounting and Finance
- Top 10 in the UK for Economics, Physics and Fashion & Textiles.
- 1st in Scotland for Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Economics, and
- Mechanical Engineering
- 2nd in Scotland for six subjects: Business Management & Marketing, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Fashion & Textiles, Modern Languages & Linguistics, and Physics.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Overall, 37th out of 128 institutions in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Top ten in the UK for Building, Town & Country Planning and Landscape and General Engineering
- Top in Scotland for Building, Chemical Engineering, Town & Country Planning and Landscape, and top 3 in Scotland for: Art & Design, Chemistry, Economics, General Engineering, Mathematics and German.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide 2017 (UK)
- 34th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Top ten in the UK for Building, Chemical Engineering, Art & Design and Town & Country Planning
- We are ranked in the top 25 for : Accounting & Finance, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering
- Within Scotland Heriot-Watt University is 1st for Building and Town & Country Planning and 2nd for Art & Design
Top Rated Teaching Standards at Heriot-Watt University
The Enhancement-Led Institutional Review held in 2011 awarded Heriot-Watt the highest possible assessment. A well developed Learning and Teaching Strategy focuses on employability and professional career readiness, and the student learning experience.
Student representation is included on key strategy/policy making committees which set the standards for learning and teaching and student support.
Research Standards at Heriot-Watt University
The university offers the advantages of a research-led teaching environment where advances in relevant fields are reflected in the syllabus.
In the 2008 RAE, 50% of the University’s research was rated as internationally excellent. Heriot-Watt had one of the highest RAE staff submission rates among Scottish universities.
The University plays a leading role in a number of Scottish research pooling initiatives including in the areas of Engineering (Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering), Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics and Marine Science.
The University has an extensive portfolio of research collaborations and is expanding this through the development of strategic alliances with key industry partners.
Heriot-Watt University delivers globally relevant and pioneering research with real impact. Our research informs policy, changes the world we live in and solves real problems for business and industry. In the REF 2014 survey of all UK universities:
- 82% of our research was found to be world-class
- we were 1st in the UK for General Engineering (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 2nd in the UK for Architecture, Built Environment and Planning (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 5th in the UK for Mathematical Sciences (joint submission with Edinburgh University).
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com