Top Medical Degree Programme in Malaysia that’s Affordable and Accredited by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
MAHSA University, Offers a Top & Affordable MBBS Medicine Programme Recognised by Malaysian Medical Council
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels wanting a top rated affordable education in Medical Studies in Malaysia may go for the Foundation in Science at MAHSA University before continuing on to their Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). Foundation in Science students at MAHSA University are selected first to enter into the MBBS medical programme at MAHSA University. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the recognised Medical degree at MAHSA.
MAHSA University is best known in Malaysia for their specialisation in health science courses.
The MBBS programme at MAHSA University is approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Medical Council Malaysia and Ministry of Health, Malaysia. The MBBS Programme is also recognized by the Medical Council of India and The Medical Council of Thailand.
Students have access to some of the best medical facilities at MAHSA University’s new 48-acre campus at Bandar Saujana Putra, Selangor. Core teaching skills are further enhanced by MAHSA University’s modern facilities, which features ultra-modern wet and dry anatomy laboratories, biomedical science laboratories, Computer Assisted Learning (CAL), and integrated digital laboratories.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
MAHSA University’s Top Rate Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Science
MAHSA University’s Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Science offers the best modern and traditional modes of learning, which includes subject-based, system-synchronized curricula across all its programmes. The faculty hosts a broad range of programmes, from diploma to degree and postgraduate qualifications, in either Medicine or Biomedical Sciences.
All programmes are lecture-driven by highly experienced lecturers using innovative methods such as problem-based learning (PBL), e-learning, early clinical exposure (ECE) and small group sessions (with movies, debates, and role play). Students are thus immersed in a dynamic learning environment that optimises their academic experience.
Core teaching skills are further enhanced by our modern facilities, which features ultra-modern wet and dry anatomy laboratories, biomedical science laboratories, Computer Assisted Learning (CAL), and integrated digital laboratories. With an integrated faculty structure, these state-of-the-art facilities and expertise of lecturers are available across all programmes in the faculty.
The Best MBBS Medical Programme in Malaysia at MAHSA University
MAHSA’s MBBS programme is a 5-year programme. It is divided into 2 phases, phase 1 comprises years 1 and 2 and phase 2 years 3 to 5. MAHSA’s MBBS programme is a 5-year programme. It is divided into 2 phases, phase 1 comprises years 1 and 2 and phase 2 years 3 to 5.
The Phase 1 programme is largely conducted in the MAHSA University campus with some exposure to clinical medicine at Hospital Tanjung Karang.
The Phase 2 programme is the clinical phase and is almost entirely hospital and clinic based. The hospitals used are Hospital Sungai Buloh, Hospital Kuala Lumpur and Hospital Tanjung Karang. Students are also exposed to clinical training at Klinik Kesihatan AU2, Rawang Perdana, Taman Ehsan and Taman Medan. This ensures an eclectic mix of clinical training in major referral centers, community hospitals and primary care clinics.
The completion of this 5 year programme leads to a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. This programme is accredited by the MQA and is listed in the FAIMER WORLD DIRECTORY OF MEDICAL SCHOOLS.
Phase 1 – Preclinical at MAHSA University
Phase 1 spans 2 years. This is the preclinical phase of the programme and basic medical sciences are taught in organ-system blocks. There is also exposure to community medicine during this phase.
Non-block modules such as Personal and Professional Development (PPD) and Early Clinical Exposure run across the two years to emphasise the relationship between basic medical sciences and clinical practice. There are two major examinations during Phase 1. The first is at the end of year 1 and the second at the end of year 2.
Phase 2 – Clinical Program at MAHSA University
Upon completion of Phase 1, the student will proceed to Phase 2 of the program which is the clinical phase. This phase covers year 3, 4 and 5. It is conducted at hospitals and health clinics designated as teaching centres for the faculty. The student will undergo rotational postings of 2 to 8 weeks in the disciplines outlined in the programme structure. Students have to pass the Final Professional Examination at the end of year 5 to graduate.
Subjects for the MBBS Medical Programme at MAHSA University
YEAR 1 Subjects
- Basic Medical Sciences MBMS 6119
- Basic Mechanisms Of Diseases MBMD 6117
- Genetics, Immunology And Molecular Medicine MGIM 6114
- Cardiovascular System MCVS 6127
- Haematology System MHEM 6126
- Respiratory System MRSP 61252
Year 2 Subjects
- Epidemiology And Biostatistics MERB 6234
- Gastro-Intestinal System And Nutrition MGIN 6239
- Musculoskeletal System MMSK 6238
- Urinary System MURI 6235
- Nervous System MNVS 6247
- Reproductive System MRPD 6244
- Endocrine And Metabolism MEDM 62473
Year 3 Subjects
- Medicine Posting MMED 6355
- Surgery Posting MSUR 6355
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology Posting MOBG 6355
- Paediatrics Posting MPED 6355
- Primary Care Medicine Posting MPCM 6351
- Dermatology Posting MDEM 6351
- Community Health Posting MCHP 63564
Year 4 Subjects
- Medicine Posting MMED 6474
- Surgery Posting MSUR 6474
- Primary Care Posting MPCM 6475
- Orthopaedics Posting MORT 6473
- Psychiatry Posting MPSY 6473
- Anaesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Critical And Palliative Care Medicine MANE 6472 MEMM 6472 MCPC 6472
- Ophthalmology, And Otorhinolaryngology MOPT 6472 MENT 6472
- Forensic Medicine MFMS 64725
- Medicine Posting MMED 6595
- Surgery Posting MSUR 6595
- Obstetrics And Gynaecology Posting MOBG 6596
- Paediatrics Posting MPED 6595
- Orthopaedics Posting MORT 6473
- Psychiatry Posting MPSY 6593
Entry Requirements for the MBBS Medical Programme at MAHSA University
- STPM/A-Levels: Grades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics)
- Matriculation/Foundation in Science/Pre-Medical Course (not less than 1 year): CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0) in 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics); and 5 B’s in Biology & Chemistry & Physics & Mathematics/Additional Mathematics & 1 other subject at SPM/O-Level/equivalent
- UEC: Minimum B4 each in 5 subjects (Chemistry & Biology & Physics & Mathematics & Additional Mathematics)
- Monash University Foundation Pre-University Program (MUFY)/ University of New South Wales (UNSW) Foundation/ Western Australia Curriculum Council/ HSC Sydney Australia/ Trinity College
- Foundation Studies/ Australian Universities Foundation Programmes/ South AustralianMatriculation (SAM)/ Victorian Certificate of Education, Australia Year 12/ Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT): Aggregate/ average of 80% or the equivalent of B in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics) or 80% ATAR provided the subjects include Biology & Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3/ New Zealand Bursary/ Canadian Pre-University (CPU)/ Canadian International Matriculation Programme (CIMP/ Canadian Grade 12/13)/ Ontario Secondary School Diploma Grade 12: Average of 80% in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics)
- Indian Pre-University: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & &
- International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points with a minimum of 2 Science subjects/ Mathematics at Higher Level (HL) & 1 Science subject at Standard Level (SL) & minimum score of 4 each in Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics
- Diploma in Health Sciences (minimum 5 semesters/2.5 years): CGPA 3.5 (out of 4.0) & 2B’s each in Biology/Chemistry/Physics; and 3 credits each in English & Mathematics/Add Maths & 1 other subject at SPM/O-level/equivalent
- Degree in Health/Pure/Applied Sciences: CGPA 3.0 (5-year medical programme)
- Degree in Arts/Humanities: CGPA 3.5 (5-year medical programme)
Credit in Bahasa Malaysia is required for entry into government service (for Local Candidates)
- English Proficiency (Minimum): Band 4 in MUET (Local Candidates)/Band 6 in IELTS/550 in TOEFL (International Candidates)
- Entry requirements to the MBBS programme are determined by the Malaysian Medical Council.
Advantages of Studying the MBBS Medical Programme at MAHSA University in Malaysia
- The MBBS at MAHSA University is designed in consultation with a panel of local and international experts, resulting in a highly sought after curriculum that combines theoretical learning and practical sessions in campus and hospitals.
- Clinical Exposure – Students of the MBBS gain experience at MAHSA University’s panel of hospitals
- Recognition. The MBBS is approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Medical Council Malaysia and Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- Awarded by MAHSA University. The MBBS is awarded by MAHSA University, a leader in Medical and Health Science Education in Malaysia.
- The MBBS Programme is recognized by the Medical Council of India and The Medical Council of Thailand.
4 thoughts on “Top Medical Degree Programme in Malaysia that’s Affordable and Accredited by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)”
Pls, i need an mbbs for 5years with total tuition of 20000RM – 25000RM
Fees for international students are more than RM300,000
either cucms or imu,which one is more preferd?why?
You have to visit the universities and talk to the lecturers and see the facilities to make your comparison.