Best Intelligent Systems Degree Programme in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Computing is advancing rapidly and we will soon be able to control many aspects of our lives from cars to homes. Students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels who are interested in computing courses should definitely consider the degree programme in intelligent systems at the award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia.
The Intelligent Systems degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- The ability to design and develop systems that exploit artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning, fuzzy logic, natural language processing, etc.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new applications of artificial intelligence.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Why Study the Degree in Intelligent Systems at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia?
Students need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study Database Administration so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT.
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems Degree at Asia Pacific University
Level 1 modules in this program that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language.
More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Modules such as Introduction to Management, Computing & IT in the Workplace and Professional & Enterprise Development provide a foundation for multi-disciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development.
Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout the program.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Elective Modules (choose 1)
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Introduction to C Programming
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems at Asia Pacific University
Specific technical skills related to Intelligent Systems are developed at this level. AI Methods and Management Science build on previous and lead to further studies in artificial intelligence techniques.
Two modules offer an introduction to the concepts associated with data acquisition that are the key to computer automation: Imaging & Special Effects through computer vision and System Programming and Computer Control through other types of sensors.
The emphasis on independent learning continues at this level, and is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods For Computing & Technology
- AI Methods
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Data Structures
- Imaging & Special Effects
- System Programming & Computer Control
Elective Module (Choose 1)
- Queuing System & Simulation
- Enterprise Internet of Things
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment
Year 3 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems at Asia Pacific University
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis, particularly in the areas of artificial intelligence and computer vision.
Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics and Emergent Technology broaden your perspective to include the frontiers of current technology.
Option modules allow you to enhance skills developed in previous study of statistical artificial intelligence techniques, visualisation, processing data from sensor networks, and management.
General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Further Artificial Intelligence
- Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
- Emergent Technology
- Knowledge Discovery and Big Data Analytics
- Investigations in Intelligent Systems
- Intelligent Systems Project
Elective Modules (choose 2)
- Algorithmics OR Text Analytics & Sentiment Analysis
- Ubiquitous Computing OR Critical Issues in Managing Information Systems in Organizations
MQA Compulsory Subjects
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete the General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency upon graduation)
Careers in Intelligent Systems in Malaysia
Functional roles in designing and developing solutions involving Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support, Knowledge Engineering and Data Mining.
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners: