Learn the Essentials of Digital Marketing from Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Digital marketing is the act of engaging consumers of a certain product through the use of electronic devices such as smart phones, computers, digital billboards, tablets, game consoles and more. Digital Marketers will use multiple online platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google Search, Email, etc. to engage with their audience. The degree course prepares students for interactive marketing skills through creativity and application of modern digital media to promote sales and profits.
According to We Are Social’s new Digital 2019 Q4 Global Digital Statshot report produced in partnership with Hootsuite, a wealth of new data has contributed to impressive growth across various aspects of digital across the globe. The number of internet users around the world is rapidly approaching 4.5 billion, with the report estimating that implementation of 5G networks will create new digital milestones as mobile data usage reaches unprecedented speeds.
In Malaysia, four-fifths of the country’s 32.25 million population are now online, with 78% being active social media users. These statistics led to Malaysia being ranked 26th in the IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking in 2019 with a 79% Internet penetration rate – one of the highest in the Southeast Asia region. There have also been promising moves by Malaysia’s government to keep this momentum going, such as the two key initiatives announced to further boost Malaysia’s digital economy that include developing more tech talent.
According to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), online sales increased by 30% in the European Union in 2020 as compared to 2019, and the share of online retail from the total accumulated sales in China reached 24.6%.
In 2021, Bank Negara reported that online sales almost doubled in Malaysia during the pandemic.
Additionally, OECD predicts that since online sales require an investment, many of the firms that have enhanced their participation in e-commerce when the pandemic was at its height have an incentive to capitalise on their acquired infrastructure or skills over the long run.
According to Deloitte’s 28th edition of The CMO Survey, investment in digital marketing activities has increased between 2021 and 2022. Most of the companies are investing in data analytics (78%), website optimisation (74%), and digital media and search (71%).
With digital marketing now an integral part of any industry, the need for professionals with suitable skills has become a priority for most businesses. However, the rapid evolution of digital marketing has created a “digital disconnect” where professionals are yet to reach the expected level of digital skillsets. This has led to a shortage of suitable talent in the technology jobs market, including digital marketing technology.
The need to develop digital marketing professionals has thus become a necessity and a degree in Digital Marketing from a top private university in Malaysia is one of the best moves to understand the various marketing strategies applied globally.
You might also be interested to read these:
- What Will You Study in a Digital Marketing Degree Course in Malaysia?
- Study the Best Digital Marketing Degree Course at a Top Private University in Malaysia
- Best Private Universities in Malaysia for Digital Marketing
- Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Digital Marketing
- Top 20 Marketing Jobs with High Demand & Salary in Malaysia
- Marketing Professionals’ Salary in Malaysia
- Top 10 Business Courses with Future High Job Demand & Salary in Malaysia
- Top Business Schools at Private Universities in Malaysia
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
A Successful Career in Digital Marketing when you Graduate from Top Private Universities in Malaysia
The degree programme in Digital Marketing from top universities help to bring together the aspects of digital media and creativity in marketing as well business promotion. Their years of experience in education supported by top lecturers and facilities will enhance your abilities to reach the fullest potential. The degree course offers students an opportunity to learn the skills of creating, processing and manipulating the digital content through modern technologies so as to bring about effective communication.
A top private university will ensure that the course is founded on students gaining theoretical and practical skills concerning the fundamentals of digital marketing and skill-sets to carry out digital marketing preparation. The degree course will cover topics like Online search engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), kinds of online advertising campaigns, e-mail marketing, viral marketing, online Public Relations, affiliate marketing and also social media. It also considers digital metrics, legislation, policy and codes of practice.
With the degree in digital marketing you will have the chance to acquire skill-sets and knowledge to understand the key planning principles for an online organization and also crucial factors in the application, measurement, and assessment of effective ad campaigns.
Therefore, choosing the right private university to gain the essentials of digital marketing knowledge and skills is important for a successful career in a dynamic and fast-changing environment. Here are 3 top private universities offering the degree in digital marketing in Malaysia:
Study Digital Marketing Because there is a Future High Job Demand and Salary in Malaysia
The digital marketing industry is booming, and professionals with skills in digital marketing are in high demand. Businesses are looking for experienced Digital Marketers to provide strategic direction on which online channels would best complement traditional marketing efforts.
As businesses continue to move towards selling their products and services via online channels, we are seeing increasing demand for Digital Marketing Managers who can sell advertising space on these platforms. Being a major income source for advertising agencies, there will continue to be a high demand for these individuals.
Companies realise that they have to be on digital, that they need to be on Facebook or YouTube and have a website, or they are going to miss out. Currently, those that are working in Digital Marketing possess degrees that are no related. Therefore, there is an incredible opportunity for students who actually pursue a degree in Digital Marketing. These graduates will be able to secure good jobs, as Malaysian businesses are seeking digital experience in all their marketers.
There will be a high demand for digital marketing professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but also possess business acumen and the ability to leverage new technology to effectively innovate and drive the business.
What are the Areas of Digital Marketing Knowledge You Need to Know?
These are essentially business managers in the digital marketing agency, so they need to have good people skills while being able to both manage content and build strategy. Digital Marketing Managers should have a some knowledge in the following areas:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
- Business practices
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Web development
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
What do Digital Marketers Do in their Jobs in Malaysia?
Digital Marketing Managers are in charge of planning, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company’s brand, products, and services using the across all digital networks such as the web and social media. Basically, they come up with advertising strategies and campaigns on the web using all the available digital marketing tools.
Their duties include planning campaigns, analyzing metrics, and identifying trends. They typically have experience in art direction and social media.
A digital marketing manager is not just an expert in SEO but he/she needs to have a range of skills that relate to the different ways you can promote a website online and also skills that relate to planning, project control and team management.
They often focus on increasing sales through brand recognition and loyalty. A digital marketing manager must be well-versed in e-commerce and be able to keep up with the rapid changes in the digital marketplace.
What are the Roles of Digital Marketers?
Digital marketing managers are responsible for developing and overseeing online marketing strategies for businesses ranging from small startups to large corporations. They are in charge of overseeing projects and ensuring that digital marketing campaigns run smoothly from start to finish. They’d likely be responsible for leading teams as well as act as a key point of contact for clients in a B2B context. A digital marketing manager is also responsible to:
- Talk to the client – Communicate with the client and explain to them the benefits of digital marketing as a whole and most importantly the benefits and gains for their businesses.
- Design the digital marketing strategy – Use all the tools in his arsenal to create a complete strategy for promoting a business online.
- Communicate the strategy to the client and interested parties – Explain the strategy to the client and other interested parties (for example the experts and managers in his team).
- Monitor the execution of the plan – Monitor the execution of the digital marketing plan making sure that everything is executed correctly and on time.
- Optimize the strategy for even better results – Optimizing the strategy based on current results.
Job Responsibilities for a Digital Marketing Manager
- Design and oversee all aspects of the digital marketing department including marketing database, email, and display advertising campaigns.
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets.
- Plan and manage social media platforms.
- Prepare accurate reports on the marketing campaign’s overall performance.
- Coordinate with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting the client’s industry.
- Evaluate important metrics that affect the client’s website traffic, service quotas, and target audience.
- Work with your team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- Oversee and manage all contests, giveaways, and other digital projects.
What will you work as in a Digital Marketing Career in Malaysia
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing cum Social Media Executive
- Digital Marketing Content Writer
- Digital Sales and Marketing Manager
- Online Business Manager
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Account Management
- Web Analytics Consultant
- Search and Social Media Specialist
- Web Content Management Analyst
- Digital Creative Diagnostics Manager
- Digital Marketing Communications