Find Out More About the Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) Course at Taylor’s University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The top rated 3-year Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) programme at Taylor’s University offers students the opportunity to learn the science and technology of involved in food creation, processing and preservation, as well as the use of nutrition to improve human health. Students in Taylor’s Food Science with Nutrition degree programme will be equipped with scientific knowledge to develop innovative, safe and healthy food products; the ability to advice and provide nutritional information for individuals; and entrepreneurial skills to set up food related business ventures in Malaysia and globally.
Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the Food Science & Nutrition programme. Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Science for 1 year before continuing on to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) programme.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Food Science with Nutrition Degree programme at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) programme at Taylor’s University offers students the opportunity to learn the science and technology of involved in food creation, processing and preservation, as well as the use of nutrition to improve human health.
Students in Taylor’s Food Science with Nutrition degree programme will be equipped with scientific knowledge to develop innovative, safe and healthy food products; the ability to advice and provide nutritional information for individuals; and entrepreneurial skills to set up food related business ventures.
Through this Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) programme, Taylor’s University is able to produce graduates who can contribute to the research and development of new food products or add value to current food products and graduates can pursue careers as Dietitians, Food Technologists, Toxicologists, Nutritional therapists and more in the field of food sciences.
Taylor’s School of Biosciences
Taylor’s School of Biosciences aims to provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment for our students through extended learning experiences locally and abroad, and ensure our students have access to top-notch teaching and research facilities to learn, teach and conduct groundbreaking research in biosciences.
With our strategic links with industry members and professional bodies, we also foster strong platforms for research commercialisation, industrial attachment opportunities as well as sharing of best practices, ensuring that our programmes remain up-to-date and relevant to the latest needs of the industry.
GET LEARNING EXPERIENCES LOCALLY AND ABROAD
Learning experiences at the School of Biosciences extends beyond the classroom. Frequent field visits to study-related sites and companies, outreach and community service, participation in conferences and other activities outside the classroom expands the knowledge of students on a practical level.
Strategic links with industry members and professional bodies foster strong platforms for research commercialisation, industrial attachment opportunities.
The school establishes synergistic alliances with experts from the field who are able to impart and share knowledge that is current, and play a role in shaping the thought process of our students.
These collaborations with industry mentors and leaders are key in ensuring that our programmes remain relevant and our students graduate with knowledge and capabilities that are expected of them to excel in their chosen paths.
Taylor’s University Food Science with Nutrition Partnerships
- Auric Pacific Food Processing Sdn Bhd
- Campbell’s Soup South East Asia
- Cerebros (M) Sdn Bhd
- Dutch Lady (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Ecolex (M) Sdn Bhd
- F&N Malaysia
- Fonterra Brands (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- HACO Asia Pacific Sdn. Bhd.
- HeySong Corporation (Taiwan)
- Kerry Ingredients
- Lee Kum Kee (M) Sdn Bhd
- MacFood Services (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Sdn Bhd
- Sushi King
WIDE RANGE OF MODERN FACILITIES
Taylor’s ensure that their students and faculty members have access to up-to-date equipment that inspires them to learn, teach and conduct groundbreaking research in biosciences.
Taylor’s strategic industry linkage ensures that their students are given the opportunity to enhance their skills during their internship, giving them an advantage when they progress to the workforce.
INDUSTRY ADVISORY PANEL
The members of the IAP include notable experts in the biosciences industry, who advise the School on curriculum, research and internship management. The insight provided by this panel encompasses all sectors of the industry and cuts across diverse areas of specialisation, including pharmaceutical, governmental and regulatory bodies, food industry, agriculture, and health supplements, among others.
3 ½-Year Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) programme at Taylor’s University
Focus on Food Product Development
- Exposure to core food science modules, from microbiology to food chemistry and sensory evaluation.
- Exposure to the operations of food businesses via modules such as Food Preservation, Food & Nutrients Evaluation, and Food Safety & Quality Management.
Varied Choice of Electives
- Comprehensive knowledge on halal food production via elective modules such as Introduction to Halal Food and Principles of Halal Food Business Management, which have been developed in collaboration with the Halal Industry Development Corporation Malaysia (HDC).
- Exposure to business and entrepreneurship via elective modules such as Introduction to Accounting, Introduction to Management, and Introduction to Marketing.
Dynamic Internship Programme
- Opportunity to work with industry on research projects related to product development, food processing and food safety.
- 4-6 months industrial attachment in the areas of food manufacturing and processing, nutrition science and product development.
Programme Structure for the Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition) programme at Taylor’s University
Year 1 Subjects
- Principles of Life Sciences
- Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Introduction to Food Science & Nutrition
- MPU (U1) – Module 1*
- MPU (U2)*
- Principles of Biochemistry
- Physical & Inorganic Chemistry
- Introduction to Microbiology
- Kitchen Operations I
- Introduction to Human Nutrition
- MPU (U1) – Module 2*
- MPU (U3)*
- MPU (U4)*
Year 2 Subjects
- Food Microbiology
- Food Chemistry
- Nutraceuticals & Functional Food
- Food Physics
- Nutrition in Health & Diseases
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Food Preservation
- Food & Nutrients Evaluation
- Food Processing
Year 3 Subjects
- Techniques in Food / Nutrition Research
- Food Safety & Quality Management
- Sensory Evaluation
- Research Project I / Food Product Development I
- Seminar in Food Science & Nutrition
- Introduction to Food Business Management
- Applied Nutrition
- Community Nutrition
- Research Project II / Food Product Development II
Year 4 Subjects
- Industrial Attachment
- Food Biotechnology
- Herbal Food
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Halal Food
- Introduction to Management
- Research & Laboratory Management
- Principles of Halal Food Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Selected Food Commodities: Chemistry & Technology
* The Ministry of Education (MOE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU)(i.e. General Studies) which is categorised under U1, U2, U3 and U4 within the duration of their studies. U1 modules are prescribed by MOE whereas U2, U3 and U4 modules are from a list of University Core Modules (UCM) prescribed as per the Programme Guide.
- Food Analyst
- Food Product Specialist
- Food Technologist
- Industry Buyer / Retail Buyer
- Product / Process Development Scientist
- Production Manager
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Quality Control Officer
- Regulatory Affair Officer
- Research Scientist (Food)
State-of-the-Art Facilities at Taylors University
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus encompasses a modern, functional design with state-of-the-art facilities together with lush greenery and its trademark 5.5 acre lake; striking a balance between form and function to embody Taylor’s University’s modern approach and perspective in premium education with an approach to holistic growth outside the classroom.
Surrounding the serene lake are buildings that house the academic wings and the commercial annexe that comprise of wide and spacious corridors, pleasing and rich landscapes and all in all, a sustainable and conducive environment for education. Besides, being visually comforting and naturally soothing, the overall design also enhances the air quality, both indoor and outdoor.
Taylor’s provides the necessary conducive environment for learning and development, to complement our quality academic programmes. Our campuses provide students with a comprehensive list of features and facilities to cater to our students’ learning needs and comfort during their years at Taylors University.