Studying the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing at the Award-Winning Top Ranked Asia Pacific University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer’s hard drive. Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services—servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and more—over the Internet (“the cloud”). Companies offering these computing services are called cloud providers and typically charge for cloud computing services based on usage, similar to how you are billed for water or electricity at home.
Cloud computing is big business: The market in the USA was already generating $100 billion a year in 2012. It could be $270 billion by the year 2020.
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT. Students need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study Cloud Computing so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study Cloud Computing at the Best University in Malaysia for Information Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Cloud computing is a big shift from the traditional way businesses think about IT resources. What is it about cloud computing? Why is cloud computing so popular? Here are 6 common reasons organisations are turning to cloud computing services:
Cloud computing eliminates the capital expense of buying hardware and software and setting up and running on-site datacenters—the racks of servers, the round-the-clock electricity for power and cooling, the IT experts for managing the infrastructure. It adds up fast.
Most cloud computing services are provided self service and on demand, so even vast amounts of computing resources can be provisioned in minutes, typically with just a few mouse clicks, giving businesses a lot of flexibility and taking the pressure off capacity planning.
- Global scale
The benefits of cloud computing services include the ability to scale elastically. In cloud speak, that means delivering the right amount of IT resources—for example, more or less computing power, storage, bandwidth—right when its needed and from the right geographic location.
On-site datacenters typically require a lot of “racking and stacking”—hardware set up, software patching and other time-consuming IT management chores. Cloud computing removes the need for many of these tasks, so IT teams can spend time on achieving more important business goals.
The biggest cloud computing services run on a worldwide network of secure datacenters, which are regularly upgraded to the latest generation of fast and efficient computing hardware. This offers several benefits over a single corporate datacenter, including reduced network latency for applications and greater economies of scale.
Cloud computing makes data backup, disaster recovery and business continuity easier and less expensive, because data can be mirrored at multiple redundant sites on the cloud provider’s network.
Study BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing at Asia Pacific University
Students interested to pursue a solid education in software engineering can consider Asia Pacific University which is one of the best universities in Malaysia for IT.
The BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing degree programme at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used. An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of studying computing or Information Technology (IT) programmes can go directly for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology (ICT) at top ranked Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the 2-year Diploma, students will enter into Year 2 of the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing Degree Programme at APU.
Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels can enter into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at APU for 1 year before continuing on to the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing degree for 3 years. Both ways are a total of 4 years. Students after the external Pre-University Programme such as A-Levels, UEC, STPM, SAM, CPU, MUFY or AUSMAT may enter directly into the Degree programme with relevant results.
Admission Requirements into the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing degree programme at Asia Pacific University
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the
- “Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)” published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing degree programme at Asia Pacific University
The IT degree and all of its specialisms have similar modules in Level 1. Modules that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multi-disciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction To C Programming
- Introduction to Security & Forensic Technologies
- In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing degree programme at Asia Pacific University
Further in-depth analysis and design skills are developed at Level 2 through System Development Methods and Web Applications. Specific skills related to cloud computing are developed through Systems & Network Administration, Introduction to Virtualization, Virtual Computing, and Dtat Center Infrastructure. Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems will give you a thorough understanding of how IT supports modern organisational activity. Along with independent learning, a common theme in all APU ICT awards is fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams. These themes are the specific focus of the Creativity & Innovation and Research Methods for Computing & Technology modules.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- Introduction to Virtualization
- Virtual Computing
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- System & Network Administration
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Cloud Computing.
Year 3 Subjects for the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology with Specialism in Cloud Computing degree programme at Asia Pacific University
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. IoT Concepts and Applications and Information Storage and management cover cutting-edge topics in the field of Cloud Computing. Computer Systems Management, Advanced Database Systems and Computer Systems Security ensure that you have a proper understanding of local computing environments, while Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications and Designing and Developing Applications on Cloud develop advanced computing skills. General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Project Management
- Computer Systems Security
- Information Storage & Management
- Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Advanced Database Systems
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Project
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners: