Why You Should Choose to Study Information Technology (IT) at a Top Private University in Malaysia?
- The Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at private universities are designed specifically to prepare students for the various computing degree programmes offered at that particular institution.
- Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Information Technology (IT) degree.
- Subjects for the Foundation as well as degree programme are different at each university so students should check out the subjects and course content to see if they fit your career and academic goals.
The gap between the demand for information and computer technology (ICT) talent and the supply of that talent in Malaysia is large. Studies have shown that the existing situation cannot supply much of the demand needed by the country. Therefore, to study Information Technology (IT) or computing is a good choice but you have to choose the best university to equip you and not choose just any university. A top private university will be paramount to prepare you to face the dynamic challenges of the IT field.
Many complex systems can only be constructed by professionals who have obtained tertiary education training in the IT field. Despite the numerous courses one can enrol for, they share the basic set of objectives for the students. The main aim of the IT course is to equip students with appropriate theoretical and practical skills to enable them to become effective providers of IT solutions.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Which are the Top Private Universities in Malaysia to Study Information Technology (IT)?
With the increased demand for trained professionals in IT and so many universities for students to choose from, it is important for the student to be able to choose a university that best fits his or her needs – financially, quality, educationally and career-wise.
The university is expected to equip the student with the necessary knowledge and skills. Therefore, when choosing the university, the student needs to look at various aspects such as recognition from the Ministry of Education, MQA accreditation, well-equipped computer labs, qualified lecturers, wide range of computer systems, variety of courses in old and new technology, Java programming, C-language, and more.
The discerning student should visit different universities to meet with their counsellors as well as tour the facilities, in addition to enquiring their fees, quality, lecturers and course.
Choosing a university also involves how good a fit the university is to the student’s needs. As there are many aspects of studying IT such as , it will be important to talk to the counselors and IT professionals to find one that fits what you want.
According to Pikom, there are many jobs out there for IT graduates and there are also many jobless IT graduates. The reason for this is that there is a mismatch of the courses with the skill needed. In addition, the training that the students received was not up to the standard needed in the industry.
To succeed in your career in Information Communication Technology (ICT), in Malaysia, it is important to gather the right information, talk to knowledgeable & experienced counselors and then to choose the right course and university.
Below is a list of popular private universities in Malaysia offering some of the best computing courses:
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
- Taylor’s University
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC)
- Sunway University
- First City University College
- University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Penang
- HELP University
Choosing the right university to study information technology (IT) can be a complicated and confusing process. There are many factors involved in making this choice therefore contact me for a free consultation. I have more than 20 years experience in the education industry and is knowledgeable of the ins and outs of the private universities in Malaysia to be able to assist you in making this important decision.
What is Information Technology (IT)?
Information technology (IT) is the application of computers to store, study, retrieve, transmit, and manipulate data, or information, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. IT is considered a subset of information and communications technology (ICT).
IT includes several layers of physical equipment (hardware), virtualization and management or automation tools, operating systems and applications (software) used to perform essential functions.
User devices, peripherals and software, such as laptops, smartphones or even recording equipment, can be included in the IT domain. IT can also refer to the architectures, methodologies and regulations governing the use and storage of data
Information Technology (IT) involves many things. Take, for instance, an IT department in a company in Malaysia where there are many people with many jobs and a variety of responsibilities. These responsibilities range from keeping systems and data secure to keeping networks up and running. There are people who input data, people who manage databases and people who do programming.
Information Technology (IT) also includes the management of data, whether it is in the form of text, voice, image, audio or some other form. It can also involve things related to the Internet. This gives IT a whole new meaning, since the Internet is its own realm. Information Technology (IT) involves the transfer of data, so it makes sense that the Internet would be a part of IT. IT has become a part of our everyday lives and continues to proliferate into new realms.
What will you Study in an Information Technology (IT) Course?
A Bachelor of Information Technology is an undergraduate academic degree that generally requires three years of study. The degree has a major focus on computers and technology. In addition, students are also expected to study management and information science, and there are reduced requirements for mathematics.
Furthermore, the degree in information technology can be expected to concentrate on the business and communication applications of computing.
There are many types of computing courses that you can choose or specialise in. You must take the time to talk to the right people so that you understand which one fits you. Students should also choose the best university for computing or IT to study at so that you can gain the necessary knowledge and skills.
The prospective IT professional should possess the desire and practical capability to analyse, design, implement and test IT solutions in different environments. The IT professional can work in many different environments such as advertising, business, programming, systems analyst, telecommunications, music, and others.
What is the Entry Requirements to Study the Information Technology (IT) Course in Malaysia
A career in IT does not mean that a student has to come from the Science stream. An Arts stream student with an aptitude in Mathematics and a strong interest in IT will suffice.
Students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Information Technology (IT) degree.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information Technology, Diploma in Computer Studies or Diploma in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Information Technology (IT) degree.
Finally, Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Information Technology (IT) degree at the best university in Malaysia.
How much will it cost to study Information Technology?
The tuition fees for an IT course at a private university in Malaysia will vary depending on which university you choose. Below is a range of the tuition fees for the Foundation, Diploma and Degree courses in Information Technology:
- Foundation in Computing & Technology – RM7,000 – RM28,000 (Estimated Total for 1 year)
- Diploma in Information Technology (IT) – RM18,000 – RM48,000 (Estimated Total for 2 years)
- Degree in Information Technology (IT) – RM60,000 – RM120,000 (Estimated Total for 3 years)
What Subjects will you Study in Information Technology (IT) Degree Programme at Top Universities in Malaysia
- Introduction To C Programming
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Web Applications
- System Programming and Computer Control
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Investigations in Information Technology
What Can You Work as with a Degree in Information Technology (IT) in Malaysia?
- Systems Analyst
- IT Executive
- IT Consultant
- Information Systems Analyst
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Technical Support Manager
- IT Sales Manager
- IT Application Developer
- IT Auditor
- IT Project Manager
- IT Helpdesk Manager
- System Administrator
- Systems Consultant