Foundation in Computing & Information Technology (IT) at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
- Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are intensive, focused one-year courses which prepare students for your degree studies in Malaysia and guarantee entry to the university of interest upon successful completion.
- The Foundation in Computing & Technology courses provide a solid foundation for students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education of the particular university.
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in a career in Computing & Technology can go for the 1-year Foundation programmes at top private universities in Malaysia instead of an external Pre-University Course like SAM, AUSMAT or A-Levels. The Foundation in Computing & Technology programmes are cheaper than the external Pre-U programmes and generally easier. If you do not plan on going overseas for your degree programme, then it is better to go for the Foundation programme at a top private university in Malaysia.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia Offering the Best Foundation in Computing & Technology Course
Many top private universities in Malaysia, have developed their own internal university foundation programmes. These Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) and recognised by the respective foreign partner universities. Unlike the external qualifications which focus on more general Science and Art-based subjects, the internal qualifications provide specialisation in precise areas of study such as the fields of business, computer & IT, and engineering, and hence, cater to the specific needs of different students.
You will get the chance to study a variety of subject areas in the Foundation in Computing & Technology Programme. This will not only give you an idea of what subject you may like to progress on to, but also to develop the valuable learning skills necessary for pursue a degree. A Foundation Programme in Malaysia can be 2 semesters with 6 months each semester or 3 semesters with 4 months each semester.
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Information Technology (IT)
- Pass SPM / O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and English
- OR Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least four (4) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English;
- OR Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysia Government
What will you Study in a Foundation in Computing & Information Technology (IT) at a Private University in Malaysia?
Students will take about 5 subjects each semester for 3 semesters. Students will take subjects that will build their fundamental understanding of computing as well as subjects in business, English, communication and science. The subjects will vary from university to university so you should check out the details from the particular university. Below are some sample subjects that you would take in a private university for the Foundation in Computing & Information Technology:
- Introduction to Business Management
- Introduction to Computing Technologies
- Communicative English
- Problem Solving and Programme Design
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Digital Systems
- Essential English
- Multimedia Fundamentals
- Principles of Physics
- Practical IT Skills
- Algebra and Calculus
- Social Media
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Introduction to E-business
- Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving
- Discrete Mathematics
- .Net Technology
- Personal Development & Study Methods
Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting a top notch education in Foundation in Computing & Technology should go for the award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU). APU has won hundreds of awards in IT therefore making it the best choice for your Foundation. Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, students can continue on to the Computing degree programmes.
As a testimony of that Asia Pacific University (APU) is the best university for computing, computer science and ICT in Malaysia, they have won more than 200 awards at local, regional and international level. These awards serve as acknowledgements of the achievement of APU and their students, reaffirming their standing as being among the leading private university in Malaysia for Information Technology (IT) courses.
Furthermore, APU offers the most computing & technology courses in Malaysia, over 20, compared to other universities who only offer 3 to 5. This shows that APU has the expertise and ability to come up with the latest in-demand courses so that students can meet the job market needs.
Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes. Graduates at Asia Pacific University will receive the degree from APU and another from De Montfort University, UK.
Computing & Technology Degree Programmes
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Intelligent Systems)
- BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Technology
- Bsc (Hons) In Multimedia Technology with a specialism in VR/AR
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
What you will study at Asia Pacific University’s Foundation in Computing & Technology
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of Degree Study
- Understand the concepts that underpin the study of Business, Technology, Engineering, Media and IT
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate English language and study skills for undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Understand the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Be ready to become an effective member of the working community
- Continue and succeed in further / higher education
Best Foundation in Information Technology (IT) at World Top 300 Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Malaysia
If you have your heart set on a career in Information Technology and Computer Science, Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia is the university for you. Listed in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems, 2017, MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as an ICT specialist.
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Computer Science or Information Technology can enter the Foundation in Information Technology courses at Multimedia University (MMU) in Melaka or Cyberjaya. Upon completion of the recognised Foundation in IT, students will continue on to the various degree programmes at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology at MMU Melaka campus or Faculty of Computing & Informatics at MMU Cyberjaya campus. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation
Both Multimedia University’s Faculty of Computing & Informatics and Faculty of Information Science & Technology incorporate industry-led curriculum so you will gain not only technical knowledge and skills, but also relevant soft and management skills. Many of the lecturers are professionals and specialists in their fields who will be able to impart real-life experience and solutions to your learning.
Multimedia University (MMU) also has strong collaborations with global industry leaders who are ready to share their knowledge of cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-the-minute with current and future industry needs. MMU was the first private university approved by the Malaysian government.
Multimedia University’s collaboration partners include multinational corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Dell-EMC, Cisco, Oracle, Intel, Cloudera, Nokia, EC Council, Google, Sun, Novell, Shell, BT, Celcom, CA, and Motorola. Through such partnerships, our staff and students are able to leverage on the latest technologies driving the Malaysian and global ICT scenes.
To give MMU students an extra edge in the job market, the university also conducts numerous professional certification programs via learning centers such as the Microsoft IT Academy, the Cisco Networking Academy, the Oracle Workforce Development Programme, the Cloudera Academic Partnership Programme, the Sun Academic Initiative and the Novell (Micro Focus) Academic Training Partner.
Vendor academy programs (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Novell/LPI, Juniper, IBM). Industry-linked Final Year Project. Lectures/Seminars by Industry Partners Visits to IT companies. Incorporation of industrial-standard software and tools in the course content Participation in competitions (e.g. programming competitions)
Upon completing the 1-year Foundation in Information Technology at MMU Melaka or MMU Cyberjaya, students may choose to enter into any of the Computer Science or Information Technology programmes below:
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Computing & Informatics (Cyberjaya)
Located within Cyberjaya and built on an 80-hectare plot of land with all the advantages of high technology, MMU Cyberjaya is equipped with various intelligent features such as multimedia learning facilities, intelligent building systems, a digital library, and an integrated campus management system designed to nurture innovative ICT graduates.
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Information Science and Technology (Melaka)
Foundation in Information TechnologyWith 13 buildings spread over 280,000 square metres, the Melaka campus is host to the Faculty of Information Science and Technology. It is MMU’s first campus, and has around 10,000 students in total inclusive of 350 international students.
- Foundation in Life Sciences
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Data Communications and Networking)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Information Technology Management)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Artificial Intelligence)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Security Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) (Bioinformatics)
Top University in Malaysia to Study Foundation in Computing at Taylors University
Taylor’s University 1-year Foundation in Computing programme is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a future in various computing related degrees programmes. Emphasising on ‘learning by doing’, students are regularly required to work on actual projects that instil core competencies and knowledge in the field of computing and information technology.
As part of their studies, Taylor’s students will be exposed to a dynamic learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, where students are trained to apply theory into practice, thus developing the ability to demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
Upon completion, students at Taylor’s University will develop core competencies in the field of computer science and information technology, grooming them for further studies or careers in the ICT industry, or to be the next technopreneurs of Malaysia’s bustling start-up scene.
Upon completion of the top rated Foundation in Computing programme, students at Taylor’s University can continue on to any of the UK dual-award degree programmes below:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Blockchain)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Computer Security and Forensics)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Internet Technologies)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering (Hons)
Strong Computing Focus for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- Knowledge and understanding of computing, IT and basics of logical thinking skills, through modules like Introduction to Computing, Practical IT skills and Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving.
From Theory to Application
- Develop independence and confidence, through continuous assessments which encompass elements of presentation, group discussion, out-of-classroom activities and practical assignments.
Balanced Learning Environment at Taylor’s School of IT
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation allocated to various continuous assessments such as course work, quizzes, class test, projects, oral presentations, and the remaining 50% to the final exam.
Conducive Learning Environment at Taylor’s University
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
Exposure to the latest developments in the computing field through talks and workshops conducted by local and international speakers and industry experts.
Reliable Support System at Taylor’s University
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
Foundation in Art & Technology at UOWM KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are not sure of what they want to study can go for the flexible Foundation in Arts & Technology Programme at UOWM KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie that will stream them into the various degree programmes in business, computing, communication, creative arts, hospitality, culinary arts, offered.
- Game development
This flexible programme ensures students are grounded with a strong grasp of core subjects according to their choice of programmes at degree level, as well as a variety of other subjects to give them a broad-based education platform. It also helps them to explore new methods and ideas, as well as skills and concepts, to encourage independent and critical thinking.
Upon completion, students will be able to articulate seamlessly into various degree programmes, offered at KDU.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Game Development (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
Most Affordable Foundation In Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College
This affordable Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology Programme in Malaysia prepares students for undergraduate degree studies in Engineering or Computing at First City University College. The duration for the Foundation is 1 year (3 semesters) with intakes in January, March and May of each year.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels including the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College. After the 1-year Foundation, you can continue on to the 3-year Computing Degree at First City University College.
Students should choose top private universities in Malaysia for their electrical & electronic engineering education so that you can gain the best knowledge and skills for a successful career.
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.