Find Out What You Will Study in a Digital Animation & Visual Effects (VFX) Diploma at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Animation is an important part of filmmaking, TV production, game design and creative advertising and marketing; it’s also integral to games production. Creative students interested to join this field may go for the digital animation & visual effects related diploma after SPM or O-Levels.
In the digital animation & visual effects related diploma at a top private university in Malaysia, students will be exposed to the real-life Animation Production Line such as Pre-Production, Production and Post-Production processes. You will learn Design Fundamental, Fundamental of Drawing & Painting, Digital Media Production, 2D & 3D Animation, Conceptual Art, Digital Audio & Video Design, 3D Modelling, Animation & Sculpting, Visual Effects, and more. The diploma course will cover animation movie making idea from conceptualization to project prototyping to production.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Digital Animation & Visual Effects Related Diploma Courses in Malaysia
Through the Digital Animation & Visual Effects related diploma course, students will develop practical skills in motion graphics, 3D graphics, drawing and real-time modelling for virtual environments.
The diploma programme will progress from generalised to more specific allowing you to explore the broad areas and latest techniques involved in animated filmmaking and then develop a more advanced specialisation in your area of interest.
In addition, you will gain experience and contacts in your industry through professional industry placements and projects.
Top Private Universities for Digital Animation & Visual Effects Related Diploma Programmes in Malaysia
Find out which top private university in Malaysia that offers high quality digital animation education that you can afford.
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a Digital Animation & Visual Effects course can go for the Diploma first. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students will enter the Digital Animation related diploma course for 2.5 years. Upon completing the diploma, you will enter Year 2 of the Animation or Visual Effects degree course at a top private university in Malaysia.
Further Studies After the Diploma
The Animation degree is a wide creative subject that offers opportunities to all types of creative students, including storytellers, designers, artists, technologists and performers. In addition, an Animation degree course at a top private university in Malaysia will equip you with the technical skills, insight and platform to apply your creative talent to a successful career in 2D or 3D animation in the film, computer games, visualisation, motion capture and advertising industries.
Students will develop a deeper understanding of narrative, character development, movement, sound, and the full range of expressive and personal filmmaking techniques contemporary animation now uses. A solid digital animation degree will give students a comprehensive understanding of frame-by-frame image manipulation using the growing range of creative techniques. Find out which top private university in Malaysia that offers high quality animation education that you can afford.
What will you Study in a Digital Animation & Visual Effects Related Diploma Courses in Malaysia
The Digital Animation & Visual Effects related diploma allows you to learn the various creative aspects and techniques involved in animated filmmaking, visual effects and games by providing a solid grounding in the fundamental practices, theory, techniques and art of animation.
Below are a sample of subjects that you will study in a digital animation & visual effects diploma at a private university in Malaysia:
- Computer Graphics
- Internet Application
- Digital Sound Production
- Video Production Process
- Digital Storyboarding
- Design Appreciation
- 3D Character Setup
- Motion Capture
- Digital Photography
- Drawing for Animation
- Life Drawing
- 2D Animation
- Cartoon Character Design
- Conceptual Rendering
- Concept Art
- 3D Modelling
- 3D Animation
- 3D Character Animation
- Visual Storytelling
- Compositing & Editing
What are the Computer Software that You Will Learn in an Animation & Visual Effects Diploma
- Adobe Photoshop – It is a software application for image editing and photo retouching. This software is extensively used for raster image editing, graphic design and digital art.
- Adobe Illustrator – It is the industry standard design app that lets you capture your creative vision with shapes, color, effects, and typography. Work across desktop and mobile devices and quickly create beautiful designs that can go anywhere—print, web and apps, video and animations, and more.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – It is the industry-leading video editing software for film, TV, and the web. Creative tools, integration with other apps and services, and the power of Adobe Sensei help you craft footage into polished films and videos.
- Adobe Audition – A professional audio workstation to edit, mix, record, and restore audio.
- Adobe After Effects – Create cinematic movie titles, intros, and transitions. Remove an object from a clip. Start a fire or make it rain. Animate a logo or character. With After Effects, the industry-standard motion graphics and visual effects software, you can take any idea and make it move.
- Adobe Flash – It is a deprecated multimedia software platform used for production of animations, Rich web applications, desktop applications, mobile apps, mobile games, and embedded web browser video players. Flash displays text, vector graphics and raster graphics to provide animations, video games and applications.
- Autodesk Combustion – a computer program for motion graphics, compositing and visual effects. This software offers digital artists and filmmakers with industry standard tools to create compositing and visual/special effects.
- Digicel Flipbook – It is 2D animation software that runs on Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X. It is intended to closely replicate the traditional animation process
- Maya Complete – Maya is 3D computer animation software with powerful modeling, rendering, simulation, texturing, and animation tools for artists, modelers, and animators.
- Maya Unlimited – Maya Unlimited contains everything offered in Maya Complete software, plus innovations such as Maya Fluid Effects, Maya nCloth, Maya Hair, Maya Fur, and Maya Live.
How is the Animation & Visual Effects Diploma Assessed?
The Diploma course is highly practical and will be assessed through a series of Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.
How long is the Digital Animation & Visual Effects Diploma Course?
The course will be 2.5 years including internship.
The career opportunities for animators are increasing each year, sometimes in surprising ways. There are opportunities for animators to work in:
- Visual effects
- Forensic animation
- Data visualisation
- Video games
- Architectural visualisation
- Motion graphics
- Projection mapping
- 2D Animator
- 3D Animator
- Concept Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- 3D Modeller
- 3D Rigging Artist
- Production Designer
- Motion Graphic Designer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Video Editor
- Script Writer
As well as the usual mix of film, television, advertising and music videos.
Many of the essential skills, such as storyboarding, are now directly applicable to a range of design disciplines such as product design, user experience design, and even the design of roller coasters.
Where do Animation & Visual Effects Graduates Work?
- Animation Studios
- Digital Design Companies
- Movie Production Houses
- Post Production Houses
- Film-making Companies
- Education Multimedia Companies
- Game Design Companies
- Software Companies
- Television Broadcasting Industry
- Advertising Agencies