Find Out What You Will Study in a Diploma in Animation at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Animators create a wide array of creatives, from the animated icons on your phone, the visual effects on the latest feature films, and the interactive worlds and characters on games consoles, to multi-million-view viral web animations. With the advancement of technological innovations, animation is being used everywhere and therefore increasing the demand for skilled animators by employers in Malaysia and globally.
Animators find work in Animation Studios, Digital Design Companies, Movie Production Houses, Post Production Houses, Film-making Companies, Education Multimedia Companies, Game Design Companies, Software Companies, Television Broadcasting Industry, Advertising Agencies and more.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Animation & Visual Effects Related Diploma Courses in Malaysia
The Animation related diploma at a top private university in Malaysia will equip you with the fundamentals of games art, animation, and development besides skills in storyboarding, graphic layout, digital imaging, and internet programming.
In addition, you will learn the game development cycle of pitching game ideas, writing game design documents, creating concept art, developing the design technicals, modelling, coding, texturing, and animating, also testing and marketing your game.
In the final semester, students will go for an internship so that you graduate industry-ready for a career in games design and animation.
Further Studies After Your Animation & Visual Effects Diploma
The Animation degree is a wide creative subject that offers opportunities to all types of creative students, including storytellers, designers, artists, technologists and performers. In addition, an Animation degree course at a top private university in Malaysia will equip you with the technical skills, insight and platform to apply your creative talent to a successful career in 2D or 3D animation in the film, computer games, visualisation, motion capture and advertising industries.
Students will develop a deeper understanding of narrative, character development, movement, sound, and the full range of expressive and personal filmmaking techniques contemporary animation now uses. A solid animation degree will give students a comprehensive understanding of frame-by-frame image manipulation using the growing range of creative techniques. Find out which top private university in Malaysia that offers high quality animation education that you can afford.
Malaysian students wanting to gain a solid education in animation can consider studying the degree programme at top private universities such as Multimedia University (MMU), Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University (APU) and UCSI University. These universities have vast experience in animation supported by technologically advanced facilities. Extensive support services will enhance your career opportunities as well.
The career opportunities for animators are increasing each year, sometimes in surprising ways. There are opportunities for animators to work in:
- Visual effects
- Forensic animation
- Data visualisation
- Video games
- Architectural visualisation
- Motion graphics
- Projection mapping
- 2D Animator
- 3D Animator
- Concept Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- 3D Modeller
- 3D Rigging Artist
- Production Designer
- Motion Graphic Designer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Video Editor
- Script Writer
As well as the usual mix of film, television, advertising and music videos.
Many of the essential skills, such as storyboarding, are now directly applicable to a range of design disciplines such as product design, user experience design, and even the design of roller coasters.
Animation & Visual Effects Diploma Programmes at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 3 credits in the relevant subjects may enter either the Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation or Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic programmes at the affordable Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya.
Upon completion of the Diploma courses, students may continue on to a related degree programme at the Award-Winning Faculty of Creative Multimedia at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya.
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Animation
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Interface Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Media Arts
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Virtual Reality
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons.) Visual Effects
- Bachelor of Cinematic Arts (Hons)
Awards & Recognition At Faculty of Creative Multimedia MMU Cyberjaya
Over the years, Faculty of Creative Multimedia MMU staff and students have constantly won numerous awards in animation, film, media arts, advertising, product design, virtual reality, photography, design, education, knowledge management and others.
This is the testament of MMU’s commitment and quality of work.
Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
This two-and-a-half-year programme Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation course at the affordable Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya. is a university-industry collaboration programme. It focuses on knowledge and skills development that integrates academic studies with an extensive mixture of creative 3D animation tools and new media technology.
The syllabus is designed to enable students to complete 3D animation projects that showcase their skills and create a professional portfolio.
Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
This is an immersive two-and-a-half-year programme that focuses on visual design and technical skills with a diversity of usages in digital multimedia application. Designed to merge creative skills with industry professionalism, the Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic programme at the affordable Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya will enable students to complete motion graphic projects that showcase their skills and create a professional portfolio for future job applications.
A UNIVERSITY THAT IS AN INDUSTRY TRENDSETTER
- MMU offers programmes which are tailored to the industry’s needs.
- Nearly 50% of MMU’s programmes are developed for fast growing industries.
- MMU produces graduates who are setting new standards in Malaysia’s industries. Among our successful alumni are Mohd Nizam Abd Razak (the creator of BoBoiBoy, who has boosted the animation industry in Malaysia), Muhammad Usamah Zaid Yasin (Founder & Executive Director of Wau Animation that produces Ejen Ali), Tan Aik Keong (Director of Agmo Studio, a multi-award winning mobile app development company), Ko Chuan Zhen (CEO and co-founder of Plus Solar Systems, a multi-award winning clean energy company in Malaysia) and many more.
Creative & Multimedia Arts at MMU
If you have your passion set on a career in creative multimedia and cinematic arts, MMU is the university for you. MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact in the creative field.
MMU seeks to empower their students with expertise and knowledge, and the university is committed to an active and dynamic learning environment that will enhance your depth and perception as well as employability. Both MMU’s Faculties of Creative Multimedia and Cinematic Arts incorporate constantly updated syllabi originating from reputable institutions across the world as well as their own R&D experts to properly reflect new knowledge and discoveries.
Half of MMU full-time academic staff are international lecturers, along with guest lecturers from Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Singapore who will be able to impart real-life experience to your learning. As part of MSC Malaysia, they utilise cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-theminute with current and future industry needs
Why Study Creative Multimedia & Cinematic Arts at MMU
- The first university structured towards the digital creative content industry
- The only SEA university to collaborate with USC (University of Southern California) to conduct a Cinematic Arts Degree
- The only private university in Malaysia to offer a major in Virtual Reality
- Award-winning local and international lecturers and mentors with more than100 international awards
- Excellent industry exposure for students with industry experts as panel assessors for student projects
- Cutting-edge technology programmes (HTC Vive, Surface Studio, Nuke and Kinect)
- MMU’s student films have been exhibited in prominent film festivals in Malaysia and internationally
- An industry pioneer that allows students to explore new frontiers in design technology
- Active participation in industry workshops, competitions and more than 10 major industry showcases a year have resulted in numerous student awards
- Experience final year abroad via articulation programme
Diploma in Design & Media (Animation & Visual Effects) at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
The Diploma in Design & Media at Asia Pacific University (APU) is a 2-year diploma for students after SPM or O-Levels. APU’s Diploma in Design & Media is unique in that it is the only private college offering such a course and one where students have 3 options for specialisations.
There are 3 pathways for the diploma that students can choose from after Semester 4 and they are:
Upon completion of the Diploma, students may continue on to the UK Dual Award Animation and Visual Effects degree programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU). Students will receive a degree from APU and another from De Montfort University, UK.
What You Will Study in the Diploma in Design & Media (Animation & Visual Effects) at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The APIIT Diploma in Design & Media (Animation & Visual Effects) is designed to:
- Provide a programme that covers the academic aspect as well as the vocational aspects of Design and Media.
- Prepare students for careers in the Design and Media environment.
- Provide students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring a holistic outlook in Design Studies.
- Provide students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate their response to continuous future international change.
Develop students’ intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
- Provide students with opportunities for progression into Degree Programmes of Design and Media standard in relevant areas.
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme – Double Your Advantage
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
Top Private University in Malaysia to Study Diploma in 3D Animation at UCSI University
The Diploma in 3D Animation Design at UCSI University provides students with a solid foundation in the field of 3D Animation. Designed to foster a passion of lifelong learning and to groom students to be leaders in their professional career, the programme equips learners with fundamental competencies and technical skills in 3D Animation and the relevant interdisciplinary creative industries. The Diploma in 3D Animation at UCSI University gives students with a passion for visual arts, drawing and storytelling the knowledge and hands-on experience required to create animation work that stands out in a global industry. The affordable 3D Animation Diploma course at UCSI University is best for students who are looking for a top ranked private university in Malaysia that has excellent facilities.
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a 3D Animation course in a university with full campus facilities can consider the top ranked UCSI University. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students will enter the Diploma in 3D Animation at UCSI University for 2 years. Upon completing the diploma, they will enter Year 2 of the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Hons) in 3D Animation Design at UCSI University With more than 30 years of education experience, UCSI University provides an affordable degree in 3D Animation supported by excellent facilities. Students will enjoy the wide range of sports facilities as well as interact with students from more than 80 countries.
The Diploma in 3D Animation Design at UCSI University provides students with a solid foundation in the field of 3D Animation. Designed to foster a passion of lifelong learning and to groom students to be leaders in their professional career, the programme equips learners with fundamental competencies and technical skills in 3D Animation and the relevant interdisciplinary creative industries.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.