Course Information, Entry Requirements, Intakes & Fees for the Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours) In Team Entrepreneurship Degree at Taylor’s University Malaysia
Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours) In Team Entrepreneurship is an innovative, highly experiential and student centered approach based on learning through project work, team support, coaching and enhancing personal competencies. This programme is inspired from the Finnish Team Academy programme, Finland. The syllabus in this programme emphasizes on the core areas (Enterprise strand, Team Strand & Individual Strand). The Team Entrepreneurship degree programme is the first of its kind in Malaysia.
The three-year programme is the nation’s first-of-its-kind that provides a supportive ecosystem for students to kickstart their business ideas even before graduating, assisting them to take the first big leap towards self-employment.
“The Taylor’s Team Entrepreneurship degree was conceptualised taking into consideration the challenges and obstacles that new age entrepreneurs face. Being a business owner is not just about coming up with an idea. It involves strategic thinking, decisiveness, strong management qualities and the drive to be agile in varied circumstances, like the pandemic continues to teach us, ” said Taylor’s School of Management and Marketing head Assoc Prof Dr Goh See Kwong.
The comprehensive approach to laying down strong foundations for a successful entrepreneurship journey also comes on the back of extensive business coaching and mentorship.
The programme has collaborated with business coaches across various industries such as logistics, e-commerce, food and beverage, fashion, social enterprises and consultancies to give students a microscopic insight into what these streams demand, where the gaps in those markets lie and what can be done to overcome these obstacles.
Team Entrepreneurship focuses on three core areas, namely the enterprise, the team and the individual. The degree cohesively brings start-up ideas to life through an action-driven approach of coaching with business mentors from various background and learning support through Taylor’s Me.Reka Makerspace.
Working together with BizPod and Research and Enterprise, the triad, together with Taylor’s Curriculum Framework and its Life Skills modules, produces a Taylor’sphere ecosystem to nurture students’ intellectual, mental, and emotional growth.
The course includes office collaborations through BizPod and seed funding to breathe life into students’ ideas all the way to their graduation.
Officially upgraded to University in September 2010, Taylor’s is one of Malaysia’s top private universities. Over 70% of Taylors University’s graduates are employed within 2 months. In addition, the university has strong partnerships with 3,000+ career partners in Malaysia and globally. These are just some of the reasons that Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the Team Entrepreneurship (Honours) degree.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding UK Dual Award Entrepreneurship Business Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
Since it’s inception in 1969, Taylor’s University has gained significant recognition as a leading private education institution in Malaysia. Students wanting a top rated business degree can go for the Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours) In Team Entrepreneurship UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University. Students will receive a degree from Taylor’s University as well as the top ranked University of the West of England, UK.
The UK Dual Award Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours) In Team Entrepreneurship at Taylor’s University’s award-winning Taylor’s Business School is an innovative, highly experiential and student centered approach based on learning through project work, team support, coaching and enhancing personal competencies. This programme is inspired from the Finnish Team Academy programme, Finland. The syllabus in this programme emphasizes on the core areas (Enterprise strand, Team Strand & Individual Strand).
Intakes for the degree programme are in January, March and August of each year.
Programme Structure for the Bachelor in Entrepreneurship (Team Entrepreneurship) (Honours) UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University
Bachelor in Entrepreneurship (Team Entrepreneurship) (Honours) is an innovative, highly experiential and student centered approach based on learning through project work, team support, coaching and enhancing personal competencies. The syllabus in this programme emphasizes on the core areas (Enterprise Strand, Team Strand & Individual Strand).
- Business Communication
- Business Research Methods
- Decision Making in Accounting and Finance
- Decision Making in Marketing
- Introduction to Economics
- Developing High Performing Teams
- Management in Entrepreneurship
- Managing Human Capital
- Personal Learning and Development
- Personal Effectiveness
- Venture Creation
• Working in Teams
- Business Consulting Project
- Contemporary Challenges in Entrepreneurship
- Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Developing Venture Projects
- Growing a Venture
- Sustaining a Venture
- Theories of Entrepreneurship
- Brand Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Intercultural Communication
- Management Information Systems
- Blockchain Economics
- Data Science Principles
- Introduction to Digital Currencies
- Social Media Marketing
- Market Intelligence and Data Visualisation
- Social Media Analytics
The Ministry of Education (MOE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) (i.e. General Studies) which is categorized under U1, U2, U3 and U4 within the duration of their studies. U1 modules are prescribed by MOE whereas U2, U3 and U4 modules are from a list of University Core Modules (UCM) prescribed as per the Programme Guide.
- MPU (U1a)
- MPU (U1b)
- MPU (U2) or Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- MPU (U3)
- MPU (U4)
Why Study Team Entrepreneurship at Taylor’s University?
- External Business Mentors will serve as advisors to Team Entrepreneurs by providing industry-driven knowledge.
Practical and Action Driven Learning
- Learning takes place through Team learning (Team Company), team coaching, learning by doing and managing real projects.
Co-Working Space – BizPod
- Team Entrepreneurs will work in a real office environment in our innovative co-working space at “BizPod”. Taylor’s University “BizPod” is a hybrid Incubator/Accelerator where entrepreneurship and technology collide.
- BizPod provides Taylor’s University students with a holistic four-stage structured, intensive entrepreneurship training programme that develops the entrepreneurs from idea stage and enables them to acquire funding for pre-seed, seed and venture capitalist, built around a multidiscipline mentorship model.
- BizPod is Taylor’s University’s in-house hybrid incubator-accelerator launched by the Minister of Entrepreneurial Development, Datuk Mohd Redzuan Md Yusof and the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Michael Driscoll in September 2018
- BizPod provides Taylor’s University students with a holistic four-stage structured, intensive entrepreneurship training program that develops the entrepreneurs from idea stage and enables them to acquire funding for pre-seed, seed and venture capitalist, built around a multidiscipline mentorship model. BizPod also has unique co-working pods for budding entrepreneurs who wish to work in a collaborative space in a university setting.
- Students will get the opportunity to acquire the initial capital that will serve as their working capital for their business
Support from Taylor’s Me.reka Makerspace
- Students will get the opportunity to use equipment and access specialised skills which will be useful for business prototyping and designing.
Top Business School in Malaysia
Taylor’s University is recognised as the World Top 150 and No. 1 Private University in Malaysia for Business and Management Studies based on the 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
Since its establishment in 1993, Taylor’s Business School has grown into one of the largest and most dynamic business schools in Malaysia, offering highly-recognised international business qualifications from Foundation to Bachelor, Master and Doctorate (PhD), as well as comprehensive continuing professional development programmes. In addition, they provide a crucial foothold for graduates to propel into the global arena, whether as future leaders of conglomerates or successful business owners. As the pioneer private university in Malaysia, Taylor’s Business School offers some of the best business courses.
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Business for 1 year before continuing on to the Team Entrepreneurship degree.
Alternatively, students with at least 3 credits can go for the 2-year Diploma in Business and then enter into Year 2 of the Business degree programme.
Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SACEi, CIMP, AUSMAT, MUFY, and others may enter directly into the 3-year Business degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements.
- SPM / O-Level with Pre-U or Foundation
- Pass SPM / O-Level or equivalent with 5 credits (including a Pass in Mathematics and English) for entry with pre-university/ foundation qualification (Except for UEC)
- Taylor’s Foundation
Pass any Taylor’s Foundation programme with min. CGPA 2.00
- Taylor’s Diploma
Pass any Taylor’s Diploma programme with min. CGPA 2.00
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
Min. CC with CGPA 2.00
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
A Pass in UEC with min 5Bs including a minimum pass in Mathematics and English
- A Levels
Min. EE or equivalent of min. 80 points
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/SACE International
Min. ATAR 60
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
Min. average of 60% in 6 subjects
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
Min. 24 points and above in 6 subjects
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY)
- Other Equivalent Qualifications
– Pass Business Foundation from any other HEI
- – HSC (Yr 12), New South Wales with min. average 60% in 5 subjects
- – Pass MOHE Matriculation with min. CGPA 2.00
- – Pass Foundation (in other field) from other institutions recognised by MoHE
- – Pass DIB or Diploma in other field from other institutions recognised by MoHE
- – Other equivalent qualification recognised by Malaysian Government
Note: Candidates without a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the STPM / Matriculation / Foundation / Diploma programme contains subjects in Mathematics and English that are equivalent and achieved higher at SPM level.
LEARNING BEYOND CLASSROOM – FROM CLASSROOM THEORIES TO REAL-LIFE PRACTICE
At TBS, experience is at the heart of the learning process. Our carefully-tailored approach combines a strong foundation of theories, as well as avenues to apply these theories into practical settings
In order to achieve this, we employ a variety of teaching and learning strategies, where students are exposed to real-life scenarios and industry-relevant experiences. Our faculty is committed to providing students with a challenging and rewarding educational experience, resulting in a more engaging approach to learning across-the-board.
Service learning is incorporated as a core initiative in our business education, through community-based projects to enhance our students’ sense of civic responsibility.
The Programme for After Class Enrichment (PACE)
This programme, in collaboration with the Edge Education Foundation and EY (Ernst & Young), assists youth to perform better in their studies. TBS students contribute their individual efforts in order to make improvements in another person’s life, through academic support and mentoring in the form of tuition classes.
Do Something Good (DSG) and Social Enterprise Alliance Malaysia (SEA)
The strategic partnership between DSG and SEA creates a platform for TBS students to be actively involved in projects based on social entrepreneurship and volunteerism.
Module Adoption Programme
The Module Adoption Programme (MAP) facilitates the creation and exchange of new ideas as well as monitoring of the latest developments and trends in the industry.
This approach enables the School to work closely with the specialists of local and multinational companies to ensure that our curriculum is relevant and in-line with the latest requirements and demands of the industry.
Some of the local and multinationals who have worked closely with the School such as CIMA, ACCA, CPA Australia, Shiseido, Skali, Redmarch, EY (Ernst & Young), CIMB Group, Nielsen, KPMG, Deloitte and PwC.
When you’ve successfully completed this programme, you could embark on any of these exciting careers, including:
- Business Consultant
- Commercialisation Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Business Management
- General Manager
- Government or Corporate Policy Adviser
- Innovation Manager
- Sole Trader