Study Diploma in Computer Science at the Top Colleges & Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The Diploma in Computer Science is the first step for students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a tertiary education in computer science. A diploma is more practical and covers subjects more related to the computer science studies. It is generally 2 years in duration and must be accredited by MQA. Top universities and colleges offering the Diploma in Computer Science would enhance your chances of a successful career in the challenging computing industry.
Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Computer Science deals mainly with software and software systems including the theory, design, development and application. Programming is just one are of computer science study. Other areas of study include artificial intelligence, computer systems and networks, security, database systems, human computer interaction, vision and graphics, numerical analysis, programming languages, software engineering, bioinformatics and theories of computing.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Computer Science Diploma at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
The Diploma in Computer Science may be called by other names such as Diploma in Computer Studies, Diploma in Information Technology or Diploma in Computing. In a diploma, you will learn general subjects in computers science and information technology. This will allow you the flexibility to continue on to your degree studies in computer science, computing, information technology, game design or software engineering.
Students are sometimes confused by the titles of the courses. Most importantly is to look at the subjects offered to see if they fit your academic and career goals. It is also important to choose a university that has a proven record in terms of experience, teaching and having won awards. A university with years of experience offering and teaching the computer science and information technology courses would be able to guide you and equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in your career.
In addition, the number of awards won would indicate the quality that the students and lecturers have attained in order to win them. These awards would serve as a standard for you to choose the university. The environment, facilities, and globalisation are some important factors that you should look at as well.
Four important methods used in the study of computer science are:
- Invention – Formulating new algorithmic and new architectural paradigms
- Design – Software engineering uses design principles to build complex systems to solve computational problems
- Analysis – A major focus within computer science is the analysis and evaluation of software, algorithms and architecture.
- Experimentation – Use of experiments to reveal computing principles is an important method of scientific investigation within computer science.
Computer scientists design and analyze algorithms to solve programs and study the performance of computer hardware and software. The problems that computer scientists handle, varies from the non-tangible — finding out what problems can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithms that solve them – to the tangible – designing applications that perform well on handheld devices, that are easy to use, and that uphold security measures.
Entry Requirements for Diploma in Computer Science Courses in Malaysia
After the 2-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Degree at the same university or college if the degree course is offered. There is no need to perform exemptions if you continue on to degree at the same university.
If not, you can transfer your diploma credits into another university to enter into Year 2 of the degree for another 2 years depending on the exemptions.
It will take about one to three weeks for the university to perform the exemption evaluation.
To perform exemptions, you will need to submit the following documents to the university of interest for exemption evaluation:
- Transcripts for the subjects taken
- Course outline for all subjects taken
- Letter of Completion or Diploma Certificate
- Copy of SPM certificate
PTPN Loan for Diploma in Computer Science Course in Malaysia
Why Study the Diploma instead of Foundation?
If you are sure of what course you want to study for your degree, you can just go straight into the Diploma course. If you are not sure of what you want to study in the degree, go for Foundation because you have one year to decide on what to take for your degree. You can apply for the PTPN Loan for Diploma while there is no loan for the Foundation.
- SPM (5 relevant credits) – Foundation (1 year) – Degree (3 years)
- SPM (3 relevant credits) – Diploma (2 or 2.5 years) – enter degree Year 2 (3 years)
Diploma in Information & Communications Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) is acknowledged to be one of Malaysia’s premier University of higher learning for technology. Since its inception in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), the University has produced more than 16,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development.
APIIT & APU had continuously wins awards for excellence in education, research and development and for the achievements of their students.
The Diploma in Information & Communications Technology programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Coverage of the academic aspect as well as the vocational aspect of the wide area of Computing and Information and Communications Technology.
- Students with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of technology in a business and organisational context, so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in industry practises.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and teamworking capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into advanced programmes of study of International standard in relevant areas.
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT or theDiploma in Information & Communications Technology. Upon completion of the diploma, students may enter into the Computing & Technology Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU):
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development with Specialism in Games Concept Art
Multimedia University (MMU), Ranked Top in Malaysia & in the World for Computer Science, Diploma in Information Technology (IT)
If you have your heart set on a career in Information Technology and Computer Science, Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia is the university for you. Listed in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems 2017, MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as an ICT specialist.
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 3 relevant credits wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Computer Science or Information Technology can enter the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) course at Multimedia University (MMU) in Melaka or Cyberjaya. Upon completion of the recognised 2.5-year Diploma in IT, students will continue on to the various degree programmes at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology at MMU Melaka campus or Faculty of Computing & Informatics at MMU Cyberjaya campus. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Computer Science and Information Technology in Malaysia. Therefore, it is undeniably the best university in Malaysia for students to study the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) that’s also affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) as well as the degree programmes.
Both Multimedia University’s Faculty of Computing & Informatics and Faculty of Information Science & Technology incorporate industry-led curriculum so you will gain not only technical knowledge and skills, but also relevant soft and management skills. Many of the lecturers are professionals and specialists in their fields who will be able to impart real-life experience and solutions to your learning.
Multimedia University (MMU) also has strong collaborations with global industry leaders who are ready to share their knowledge of cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-the-minute with current and future industry needs. MMU was the first private university approved by the Malaysian government.
Multimedia University’s collaboration partners include multinational corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Dell-EMC, Cisco, Oracle, Intel, Cloudera, Nokia, EC Council, Google, Sun, Novell, Shell, BT, Celcom, CA, and Motorola. Through such partnerships, our staff and students are able to leverage on the latest technologies driving the Malaysian and global ICT scenes.
To give MMU students an extra edge in the job market, the university also conducts numerous professional certification programs via learning centers such as the Microsoft IT Academy, the Cisco Networking Academy, the Oracle Workforce Development Programme, the Cloudera Academic Partnership Programme, the Sun Academic Initiative and the Novell (Micro Focus) Academic Training Partner.
Vendor academy programs (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Novell/LPI, Juniper, IBM). Industry-linked Final Year Project. Lectures/Seminars by Industry Partners Visits to IT companies. Incorporation of industrial-standard software and tools in the course content Participation in competitions (e.g. programming competitions)
A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that Multimedia University (MMU) is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment – a testament to the quality of MMU’s academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and our solid reputation with the industries.
In this constantly evolving digital world, Information and Communication Technology is more important than ever. As ICT continues to transform the way people communicate, learn, work and play, the career prospects for IT graduates are both diverse and rewarding. Whether it’s Bioinformatics or Data Communication, Artificial Intelligence or Information Technology Management, a degree from MMU will definitely hold you in good stead for the future.
Programme Structure for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) at Multimedia University (MMU) at Cyberjaya & Melaka
The Diploma in Information Technology (IT) programme at Multimedia University (MMU) provides students with computing knowledge in planning, implementation, configuration and maintenance of an organisation’s computing infrastructure. Students will be exposed to various programming languages and web technologies with which they would be able to configure, integrate and deploy systems as well as provide technical support within an organisation.
The curriculum covers areas such as programming, database, software design, operating systems, data communication & networking, as well as mathematics. Apart from the technical subjects, students will also be exposed to soft skills such as writing and presentation skills to help enhance their interaction and communication and prepare them for real-life working environment. After completing the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) programme you can opt for a degree programme from either Faculty of Computing and Informatics (FCI) at MMU Cyberjaya or Faculty of Information, Science and Technology (FIST) at MMU Melaka.
- BIT (Hons) Data Communications and Networking (Melaka)
- BIT (Hons) Information Technology Management (Melaka)
- BIT (Hons) Security Technology (Melaka)
- BIT (Hons) Artificial Intelligence (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Bioinformatics (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Cyberjaya)
Diploma in Information Technology Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
The Diploma in Information Technology programme at Taylor’s University is designed to equip students who wish to pursue information communication technology with the essential knowledge, skills and attitude to explore technology-based ventures.
Combining theory and practice and real world experience, Taylor’s Diploma in Information Technology programme covers key technical knowledge in methods of analysing user requirements and specifications, programming and website creation. The systematic development of innovative thinking and creative problem solving skills are given emphasis in the Diploma in IT programme. School of Computing & IT students at Taylor’s University will also gain exposure to the major elements of entrepreneurship activities and the ability to apply concepts and technologies to practice, grooming them for further studies or careers in software development and technopreneurship.
With at least 3 credits, students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the 2-year Diploma in Computing and then enter into Year 2 of any of the computing and IT Degree Programmes at the top ranked Taylor’s University. Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE), UK.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Computer Security and Forensics)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Internet Technologies)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering (Hons)
Intakes for the Diploma in Information Technology at Taylor’s University are in March and July of each year. Interested students may contact 01111408838 for more information.
Learning from Experts
Information Technology Focus for the Diploma in Information Technology Programme at Taylor’s University
- Students will learn to apply concepts and technologies in practical situations to develop effective programming, software development and research solutions.
Industry-Relevant Skills for the Diploma in Information Technology Programme at Taylor’s University
- Emphasis on instilling technical skills and problem solving methods through SQL and Web Programming, System Analysis & Design Methods, Problem Solving and Introduction to Relational Database Management System.
Flexibility in Choosing Elective Courses for the Diploma in Information Technology Programme at Taylor’s University
- Students now have the flexibilty in doing their 3 open electives. The modules of 3 credits are offered under any of the Diploma/ ADP programmes in Taylor’s University such as Social Sciences, Humanities, Communications, Fine Arts and Optional English Courses.
Dynamic Internship Programme for the Diploma in Information Technology Programme at Taylor’s University
- 12-week internship with a computing company exposes students to the real working environment and provides in-depth knowledge in the field of computing.
Diploma in Computer Studies at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
In the Diploma in Computer Studies programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, Students will get a taste of information technology concepts, the practical operation of hardware and software, and the awareness of how computers affect work, home and play through the Diploma in Computer Studies.
Students are given a solid, well-rounded foundation in the theory and application of general computing plus the basics of programming. Based on real-world industry requirements, they also gain the relevant skills and experience sought by today’s top technology employers. Not only that, this diploma programme also offers students the flexibility of combining their interests in computing with other areas of study and application.
Utilising a combination of strategic industry collaborations and academic partnerships, the Computing and Creative Media programmes at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie produce young talents that not only fulfil the needs of the industry, but help shape what it becomes in the future. By merging creativity with technology, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie promotes technology artistry and produce graduates that will be innovation leaders.
REAL WORLD CHALLENGES
Be taught by subject matter experts and industry practitioners who bring industry practices and methodologies into the classroom. Our philosophy is to nurture the development of talents who will establish themselves as the future of computing and game development.
THE MOST ADVANCED COMPUTING LABS
With leading technologies, infrastructure, software and hardware, KDU is the place to learn, research and explore. We are the only private institution with fully-equipped Alienware game development studios.
Upon completion, students will be able to articulate seamlessly into a KDU computing degree programme.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Game Development (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
Diploma in Computer Studies at KDU Penang University College
Students after SPM or O-Levels in the northern region of Malaysia who are interested in pursuing a top computing diploma can consider the 2-year Diploma in Computer Studies at KDU Penang University College. Through this Diploma in Computer Studies programme at KDU Penang University College, you will be able to gain useful theoretical and programming knowledge in IT that will prepare you for the IT industry. You will acquire hands-on experiences in programming using different platforms and languages, and deal with the fundamentals of computer software and multimedia components of computing.
Upon completion of the diploma, graduates can continue on into Year 2 of top UK Dual Award computer science degree programmes.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) in Games Programming
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) in Computer and Network Technology
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons)
KDU Penang University College offers the UK Dual Award Computer Science degree. Graduates of the Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) course will receive the degree awarded by KDU Penang University College and University of Lincoln which is a Top 50 Ranked university in the UK. The University of Lincoln is highly regarded for its innovative approach to teaching, learning and engagement, and has been rated the UK’s number one modern university by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016. University of Lincoln is also ranked Top 50 in the UK for computer science programmes.
Diploma in Information Technology (IT) at First City University College
This Diploma in Information Technology (IT) programme at First City University College (First City UC) provides a strong foundation for a career in the design of information systems, multimedia-based and internet-based systems.
It focuses on software applications, internet technology, multimedia technology, information systems and database management systems. The duration for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) at First City University College is 2 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January, March, May & October of each year.
With 3 credits in SPM in the relevant subjects, you can go for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) at First City University College. After the 2-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the 3-year computing degree programmes at First City University College.
Upon completion of the Diploma in IT at First City UC, students can choose from the following degree programmes to continue their studies:
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science ( Intelligent Systems) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Honours) in Business Management
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons)
Diploma in Information Technology Programme at UCSI University
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a BSc (Hons) Computing course in a university with full campus facilities can consider the top ranked UCSI University. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students will enter the Diploma in Information Technology at UCSI University for 2 years. Upon completing the diploma, they will enter Year 2 of the BSc (Hons) Computing degree at UCSI University
The Diploma in Information Technology course at UCSI University is designed for those without any computing knowledge as well as those who wish to pursue careers in computer-based environments, particularly in programming and information systems. This 2-year Diploma in Information Technology programme at UCSI University boasts a comprehensive curriculum comprising relevant IT courses that will undoubtedly equip students with general knowledge and skills in IT, programming, databases, multimedia and networks.
With more than 30 years of education experience, UCSI University provides an affordable degree in computing supported by excellent facilities. Students will enjoy the wide range of sports facilities as well as interact with students from more than 80 countries. UCSI University is ranked in the Top 300 Universities in Asia in 2015 by the renown QS University Rankings. UCSI University is ranked as Excellent or Tier 5 in the SETARA 2013 rating system by MQA.
Diploma in Information Technology course at HELP University
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians, HELP University has developed into one of the best universities in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organisations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. The IT Programmes offered at HELP University are:
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons), HELP University
- BSc (Hons) Electronic Games & Interactive Media, HELP University
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Mobile Computing
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Business Information Management
- Credit Transfer to the University of Queensland
Diploma in Computer Science at HELP College of Arts & Technology
The Diploma in Computer Science at HELP College of Arts & Technology programme aims to equip students with industry relevant skills in computer science that are essential for entering the workforce as competent professionals and thus be more competitive in the global employment market. It also provides a definite pathway for students to complete a degree after the completion of the diploma.
The HELP College of Arts and Technology (HELP CAT) campus at Fraser Business Park, Sungai Besi, is part of the multi-campus development of the HELP Group.
Located within the city of Kuala Lumpur (KL), the College enables students to enjoy the benefits of living and learning in metropolitan KL with access to excellent facilities and top academic and professional expertise.
The city Light Rail Transit (LRT) network connects the College to all suburban areas of KL.
What will you learn in the Diploma in Computer Science at HELP CAT?
The programme will equip you with in-depth skills on:
- How to create computer software
- Web based programming using C++, Java, .NET, and Visual Basic
- Mobile application programming using Objective C for iPhones and iPads,
- Developing software for Google Android devices.
The Diploma in Computer Science aims to equip students with industry relevant skills in computer science that are essential to enter the workforce as competent professionals and thus be more competitive in the global employment market.
This programme provides a definite pathway for students to complete the Bachelor of Computer and Information Science degree from the University of South Australia.
- Bachelor of Information Technology/ Mobile Computing/Business Information Management – 2 years at HELP University
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) Games & Interactive Media – 2 years at HELP University
- And also option to transfer to University of Queensland, University of South Australia and other partner universities
Highly-experienced lecturers with proven industrial, professional and teaching track records.
3 months practical training is part of the program, and the student can start working right after the diploma.
Assessment is a mix of Course work and Final examination
Diploma in Computer Science Subjects at HELP College of Arts and Technology
- Introduction to Computer & Applications
- Problem Solving & Programming
- System Analysis & Design
- Computing Mathematics
- Programming in C++
- Computer Systems
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Database
- Programming with Java
- Operating Systems
- Data Structure
- Multimedia Technology
- Internet Technology
- Programming with Java II
- Object-Oriented Analysis & Design •
- Web Programming in Java
- Network Programming Essentials
- Essence of Linux
- Software Project
- Data Communication & Networking
- Industrial Training