Best Human Resource Management (HRM) Degree Programmes at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The work involved in Human Resource Management is the process of recruiting, selecting, inducting employees, providing orientation, handling training and development, performance appraisal, looking into employees’ compensation and benefits packages, motivating employees, tackling safety issues, and ensuring everything is in compliance with Malaysia’s labour laws.
The study of Human Resource Management includes Business and psychology subjects as you learn to develop a strategic approach to recruiting, training and developing the employees’ in an organisation. Human Resource Management explores how the proper management of employees contributes towards organisational effectiveness. Job demand and salaries for qualified and experienced Human Resource Management professionals is quite high.
In order to succeed in the competitive human resources industry, students should choose the best universities in Malaysia to study. Students should choose the right university that fits them which has a good reputation for the HRM programs, excellent facilities, top lecturers and an English-speaking student environment. A top private university in Malaysia will prepare graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the area of human resource management.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Human Resource Management (HRM) Degree Programmes
Leading private universities and colleges in Malaysia to study Human Resource Management or HRM degree courses are:
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Taylor’s University
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- KDU University College
- HELP College of Arts & Technology
- HELP University
Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the Foundation in Arts or Foundation in Business at top private universities in Malaysia before continuing on to the 3-year degree in Human Resource Management. You will need at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects to enter a Foundation course.
Alternatively, with at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students can enter the Diploma in Business Administration or Diploma in Management for 2 years. After completing the diploma, students will receive advanced standing into Year 2 of the Human Resource Management degree.
Students who have completed a Pre-University course in Malaysia such as Foundation, STPM, UEC, A-Levels, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CPU, etc may enter into the Human Resource Management Degree Year 1 should they meet the relevant entry requirements of the particular university.
What is Human Resource Management?
Human resource management is a general term used to describe the management and development of employees in an organization. Human resource management involves developing and administering programs for the employees that are designed to increase the effectiveness of the company. Human resource management is therefore focused on a number of major areas, including:
- Managing job recruitment, selection, orientation staffing and promotion
- Developing and overseeing employee compensation, benefits and welfare programs
- Developing, promoting, and enforcing personnel policies
- Managing employee career development and job training
- Providing guidance regarding disciplinary actions
- Ensuring the safety of the employees
Human resource management is about:
- Addressing current employee concerns: Unlike company managers who oversee the day-to-day work of employees, HR departments deal with employee concerns such as benefits, pay, employee investments, pension plans, and training. Their work may also include settling conflicts between employees or between employees and their managers.
- Acquiring new employees: The human resource management team recruits potential employees, oversees the hiring process (background checks, drug testing, etc.), and provides new employee orientation.
- Managing the employee separation process: The HR management team must complete a specific set of tasks if an employee quits, is fired, or is laid off. Paperwork must be completed to ensure that the process was completed legally. Severance pay may be offered or negotiated, benefits must be settled, and access to company resources must be severed via the collection of keys, badges, computers, or sensitive materials from the employee.
- Improving morale: Effective HR teams encourage company employees to do their best, which contributes to the overall success of the company. Their work often involves rewarding employees for good performance and creating a positive work environment.
Sample of Subjects that you would study in a Human Resource Management Degree
- Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Commercial Law
- Option or Elective
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Research Methods
- Employment Law
- Employment Relations
- Strategic Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Environment
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Services Management
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Delivering Customer Value
- Financial Management
- Managing Information System in Organisation
- Research Methods
- Critical Thinking in Management
- Employee Development
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Learning Knowledge and Effective Performance
- Quality Management
- International HRM
- Investigation in HRM
- Managing People and Performance
- Managing Change
- People Management Debate
- Strategic HRM
- Strategic Planning for Information System