Find Out the Course Details for the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students should choose top private universities in Malaysia for their electrical & electronic engineering diploma education so that you can gain the best knowledge and skills for a successful career. Studying the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at a top private university in Malaysia, students will have access to excellent engineering facilities and computer software to complement your studies. Their qualified & experienced lecturers will equip you to handle the challenges of the degree programme or workforce. Try to choose a university with an English-speaking environment to help you to improve your communication skills which will also play a very important part in getting a good job at a top company, high salary and upward mobility.
Students are SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels can enter the field of engineering directly after completing their studies with at least 3 credits. The Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering is an ideal education pathway for students after high school as the course is focused, practical, cost effective and time saving.
You might also be interested to read:
- Top 10 Private Universities in Malaysia for Engineering
- Top 10 Private Universities in Malaysia for Engineering Degree, Foundation & Diploma
- Malaysia’s Best Universities for Foundation in Engineering Programmes
- Top 8 Engineering Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Universities in Malaysia to Study Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Top 10 Reasons to Study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
- What Will You Study in the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Private Universities in Malaysia?
- Top 10 Private Universities Offering the Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Courses Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Why Study the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Degree Course that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Choose the Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Course Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia
The Electrical & Electronic Engineering diploma programme provides a significant amount of hands-on experience. The curriculum requires 7 semesters of laboratory experience in electrical and electronics including internship.
Hands-on experience provide necessary experience in designing engineering solutions, dealing with implementation issues, and using engineering tools. In addition, you will be exposed with seminars & competitions to be part of the engineering world.
The programme is also designed to provide students with opportunities to undergo practical training in the industry and to obtain hands on experience through final year projects.
Why Should You Study a Diploma Course after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels?
- The diploma course is more practical with mixed assessment.
- You have at least 3 credits in SPM, IGCSE O-Levels or UEC to enter the Diploma programme
- Students may apply for the PTPTN Loan for Diploma courses. There is no PTPTN Loan for Foundation & External Pre-University programmes
- You will study the subjects that you are interested in. The subjects are specific to your field of interest.
- Upon completion of the Diploma, you may choose to start work or continue on to Year 2 of the related degree
- Some diploma courses have internships which provides an opportunity for you to work for the company when you graduate.
- If you are considering going for Form 6, the STPM will take about 2 years, if you calculate the time after your SPM until you enter into Public University. The time you take for STPM, you would have completed the diploma course. Furthermore, the STPM exam is very tough and there is a chance that you might not do well.
- A diploma course is generally cheaper.
Who Should Study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering?
- Students who are good in Mathematics and Physics
- Students who enjoy hands-on practical work
- Students who are sure that they want to pursue a career in Engineering
- Students who are always looking for ways to make things function better
- Students who like to fix electronic stuff
- Students who are curious about how things work
How many Subjects are there in a Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course at a Private University in Malaysia?
Students will take 30-35 subjects in the diploma and it is a mix of Assignments, Coursework, and written examination percentage.
Generally, students will take about 5-7 subjects including MPU subjects a semester.
Students are required by the government to take about 3-4 MPU subjects during their diploma studies. You will need a Minimum of 90 Credits or 30 subjects to Graduate.
What are Some of the Subjects that I Will Study in a Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia?
- Practical English
- Foundation of Engineering Mathematics
- Professional Communications
- Applied Mechanics
- Practical IT Skills
- Business Environment
- Electrical & Electronic Principles
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mathematics
- Instrumentation & Measurements
- Control & Automation
- Generation Transmission & Protection
- Microprocessor Systems
- Electrical Machines & Drives
- Organisational Behaviour
- Problem Solving & Program Design Using C
- Analysis of Circuits
- Analogue Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Communication Engineering Principles
- Design Principles
- Engineering Principles
- Applied Computing (Computing for Engineers)
- Circuit Analysis
- Electrical Technology
- Telecommunication Principles
- Industrial Studies
How is the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course Assessed?
The diploma programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques.
Students will experience different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of a diploma programme, such as lectures, tutorials, computer lab work, team-based project, real life system development, presentations, independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The learning is very much practical oriented.
The teaching and learning strategies and assessment are designed depending on and according to the nature of course or topic being taught or investigated.
During the course different methods and styles of teaching and learning and assessment are implemented to ensure the successful achievement of the learning outcomes of its programme. This would include:
- Classroom lectures
- Group tutorials
- Laboratory works
- Directed and self learning
- Industrial visits or Field visits (e.g. business organisations, universities, non-governmental organisations, government-related corporations, etc.)
- Scenario-based learning
- Guest lecture series (prominent speakers from the industry and academic institutions)
- Interactive learning
What is the Duration of the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course?
The Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme will be taught in 7 semesters for a total of 2 years and 4 months. This would include the internship.
What is the Education Pathway?
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
What are the Entry Requirements into the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering?
- 3 Credits in at least 3 subjects at SPM level including Mathematics and any Science Subject (Science, Physics, or Chemistry) with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia, Sejarah (History) and English;
- 3 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 3 subjects at IGCSE/ O-Levels including Mathematics and any Science Subjects (Science, Physics, or Chemistry) with a minimum Pass in English at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE;
- 3 Credit (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC including Mathematics and any Science subject (Science, Physics, or Chemistry) with a Pass in English;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and ONE (1) relevant science/technical/vocational subject at the SPM level;
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering/Engineering Technology or its equivalent;
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical/ Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of ONE (1) semester of a bridging programme;
Why Study the Diploma instead of Foundation?
- SPM (5 relevant credits) – Foundation (1 year) – Degree (4 years)
- SPM (3 relevant credits) – Diploma (2 or 2.5 years) – enter degree Year 2 (3 years)
Can I change to another private university for the degree course?
After completing your diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the related degree if your college or university offers it or you can transfer the diploma credits to another private university in Malaysia or even overseas to Australia or UK.
Transfer credits from Diploma into Degree Year 2 into Top Private Universities in Malaysia
After completing the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Engineering degree if your college or university offers it. You can also transfer credits into another private university.
However, if you transfer to another university, you may not be able to get the full exemptions to enter into Year 2 of the degree. Generally, you could enter into Year 2 of an engineering programme at another private university.
To transfer your credits into another university, you will need to submit the following documents for exemptions:
- Transcripts from your current college or university
- Course outline for all the subjects taken
- Letter of completion or Diploma Certificate
- Copy of SPM Certificate
Choosing the Best Private University or College to Study Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Choosing a private college or university for your diploma course in Malaysia is important as it will help to shape your mind, character and help you to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
Therefore, not all private colleges & universities are the same. You should not choose a university because it is the cheapest, easiest and nearest. It should be based on which university that best fit your needs.
There are many reasons and motivations for attending university in Malaysia, so ask yourself some serious questions to identify what you want from your university experience. Every university and diploma course in Malaysia is different and each student wants different things to fit their education and career goals.
It goes without saying that one of the most important considerations when it comes to choosing the right university to study in Malaysia is your course of interest and whether that particular university is popular for it. Additionally, many universities in Malaysia may offer the same course but many students fail to consider looking at the subjects, the experience of the university in running the course, awards won as evidence of the university’s capability and the facilities to support the course.
The best university in Malaysia for your diploma course will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular courses, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment (not a party university) and good facilities.
Many students have taken the easy way out and choosing the university that is cheapest, nearest and where most of their friends attend. They fail to understand that what they decide now can affect their future career forever.
In addition, knowing which course you want to study will help in determining which university for your diploma. Each university in Malaysia excels in particular areas, so you should ensure that your field of study is a strong-point of the university you choose. Just like signature dishes for restaurants, certain private universities are famous for particular courses.
Choosing a university that is best in your field of study may provide you with access to more specialised opportunities, including custom-built facilities, field-specific academic opportunities and employment opportunities with prestigious organisations in your industry.
Furthermore many of the top private universities in Malaysia offer similar courses therefore making your decision a challenging one! To help you develop a good list of criteria, you need to talk to the right counsellors or education consultant who are knowledgeable and experienced.