Foundation in Business Course Details, Fees & Entry Requirements at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
For more information about Heriot-Watt University Malaysia contact 01111408838
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s current offerings include programmes at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. At foundation level, the university’s Foundation in Science and Foundation in Business programmes are preparatory in nature, and have been structured to allow for tailored entry into any of its many undergraduate programmes.
The Foundation in Business programme at Heriot Watt University Malaysia in particular is taught over three semesters via a combination of lectures, seminars and group work. This mixed method of teaching allows students to have a more hands-on experience to the course content. The Foundation Programme introduces you to the style of teaching that best prepares you for degree level studies with lectures, tutorials and seminars.
Given Heriot-Watt’s British background, students will also be able to experience the British university style of teaching and learning, which will give them an edge when they enter the working world. Upon successful completion of the Foundation in Business programme, students will be eligible for the university’s undergraduate programmes.
Heriot-Watt University is one of the best universities in the UK and students at the Malaysia campus benefit from their expertise and top notch education quality. Please WhatsApp for the latest Fees.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Foundation in Business Programme at Top Ranked Heriot Watt University Malaysia
The Foundation in Business is a focused programme of academic subjects, study skills and English language training designed to provide you with a direct route into a professionally relevant and internationally recognised degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
The tailored programme of courses is a direct pathway to your choice of a range of professionally relevant degrees. The focused academic content is taught in a way that introduces you to independent learning. Your development is monitored through regular assessments and feedback.
Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the latest Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Prospectus. Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. In addition, to find out more about the world and UK rankings for Heriot-Watt University, you may go to this link.
Furthermore, scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, O-Levels, A-Levels, UEC, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CIMP or other Pre-University examinations. Students may also apply for the PTPN Loan for the degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Entry requirements for the Foundation in Business at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Minimum 5 credits (C’s), in SPM or O-Levels, including English and Mathematics or other relevant subjects – or equivalent global qualifications.
- Actuarial Science route requires minimum 5 credits (C’s), in SPM or O-Levels, including English, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics – or other equivalent global qualifications.
- IB MYP: 3 subjects with Grade 6 (English and Maths) and 2 subjects with Grade 5 (For Actuarial Science route, requires a Grade 5 for a subject equivalent to Add Maths)
- Conditional offers will be made to students with forecast results. Advance standing may be available for those with appropriate pre-university qualifications. Final results need to be submitted before programme commencement.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 is required.
- If you do not have IELTS 5.5, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.
Programme overview for the Foundation in Business at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Foundation in Business at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is a focused programme of academic subjects, study skills and English language training designed to provide you with a direct route into a professionally relevant and internationally recognised degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
The Foundation in Business at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is accredited by MQA and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
On achieving the required grades to complete the programme successfully you will progress to your chosen degree, in one of these subjects, starting in September of the following year:
The best business degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Actuarial Science BSc (Hons)
- Accounting & Business Finance MA (Hons)
- International Business Management MA (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration BBA (Hons)
- Business and Finance MA (Hons)
- Business Management with Enterprise MA (Hons)
- Business Management with Human Resource Management MA (Hons)
- Business Management with Marketing MA (Hons)
The best psychology degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Course Content for the Foundation in Business at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The Foundation in Business programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is taught over three semesters (14, 14, 14 weeks) through lectures, seminars and group work. All the courses taught are designed to directly relate to the progression degrees offered on your choice of programme; the Foundation in Science, the Foundation in Business or its Actuarial Science route.
You will learn to use English effectively to perform a variety of academic tasks, such as delivering oral presentations, managing group discussions, conducting research, and writing essays. You will also be exposed to a range of study skills essential to succeed at university.
Courses you will study in the Foundation in Business
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Principles of Economics
- Contemporary Business
- Academic Skills
- Financial Accounting
- Microeconomics and Policy
- Foundations of Management
- Foundation English
- Management Accounting
- Macroeconomics and Global
- Economic Issues
- Business and the World
- Foundation English for Business
- Essential Mathematics for Science (Actuarial Science route)
- Mathematics for Science (Actuarial Science route)
- Advanced Mathematics for Science (Actuarial Science route)
Youth Transformation Programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Students considering Heriot-Watt’s Foundation programme are exclusively invited to their Youth Transformation Programme (YTP). Come and enjoy a highly motivating programme that will help you develop and achieve your full potential in areas such as creativity, innovation, critical thinking and communication. The YTP aims to better prepare you for the Foundation and later your undergraduate studies. The programme is conducted twice a year before orientation for the Foundation programme begins.
Next intake sessions:
April & July
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia academic staff are not only teaching professionals but are also key to the student support system. From day one you will be introduced to a member of the teaching team
who will be your mentor and will be able to provide general guidance and support.
The Foundation Programme introduces you to the style of teaching that best prepares you for degree level studies with lectures, tutorials and seminars.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s intensive and focused Foundation programme enables you to:
- transition seamlessly into degree-level studies
- make an informed choice about your degree
- develop independent learning skills through our problem-based and student-centric learning approaches
- learn to work in groups, conduct research and deliver presentations.
Successful completion of the Foundation programme enables entry to the first year of your
undergraduate degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia or the equivalent level offered in the UK and Dubai campuses.