Study Banking, Finance & Investment in Malaysia at the Best Universities for a Successful Career
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The field of finance covers three closely related areas:
- how businesses raise and invest capital
- how individuals allocate their savings among different investment alternatives
- how markets function to equate the demand for capital by firms and the supply of capital by investors.
Finance is concerned about the commercial activity of providing funds and capital. It studies the ways in which individuals, businesses and organizations raise, allocate and use monetary resources over time, and addresses the problems of risk and liquidity inherent in the projects. Finance is concerned with decision making within financial and capital markets and the financial instruments that are traded in those markets and looks at how these interactions facilitate the flow of funds and the control of risk.
There is a demand for top graduates in banking and finance in Malaysia. Salaries for banking & finance graduates in Malaysia can be very high. In order to succeed in the competitive banking & finance industry, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study. Students should choose the right university that fits them which has a good reputation for accounting, banking & finance programmes, excellent facilities, top lecturers, student support services and an English-speaking student environment. Graduates from accounting programmes are able to work in the banking and finance industry therefore the degree courses are included in the listing. Students should choose to study at top private universities in Malaysia for Banking, Finance & Investment in order to gain the knowledge and skills for a successful career.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Study Banking, Finance and Investment at Malaysia’s Top Universities
Finance deals with financing and investment decisions and considers the the development of risk-hedging strategies so as to minimise the damaging effects of adverse movements in share prices, interest rates, exchange rates, and other uncertainties.
Today, many banks are commercial institutions that provide many financial services such as current and savings accounts, mortgages, credit cards, loans, insurance and investment opportunities. With Internet Banking we can move money about without leaving the sofa. They are also very powerful and have the ability to influence the economy and vice-versa.
Other banks such as Bank Negara regulate the interest rate, and investment banks guarantee the sales of bonds, stocks and shares in Malaysia.
To have successful career in Banking, Finance & Investment in Malaysia, students have to choose the best university that offers these degree programmes.
To choose the best university, you need to look at the subjects offered as not all degrees with the title “Banking & Finance” or “Finance & Investment” are the same.
A degree in Banking, Finance & Investment provides an advanced financial education which covers both microeconomic and macroeconomic theory and policy. You will learn quantitative research and computing methods essential for economics and finance.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia with First Rate Accounting & Finance Degree Programmes
- Top ranked universities in Malaysia for Accounting degree programmes with ACCA exemptions are Curtin University Sarawak, Asia Pacific University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, UCSI University, MAHSA University, HELP University , KDU Penang University College and Sunway University.
- Malaysia’s best universities for Accounting and Finance degree courses with ACCA exemptions are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, Curtin University Sarawak, HELP Academy, UCSI University & First City University College
- Premier private universities for Accounting degree programmes with ACCA exemptions are Curtin University Sarawak, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, KDU Penang University College, HELP University and UCSI University.
- Malaysia’s top private universities and colleges for Finance degree programmes are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, Curtin University Sarawak, UCSI University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, HELP University & HELP Academy
- A great university in for the degree in Accounting & Finance degree with specialism in Internal Audit,
- An excellent private university for the Accounting & Banking dual major is Curtin University Sarawak.
- Top notch private universities in Malaysia for Banking & Finance degree courses are Curtin University Sarawak, Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University, UCSI University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and HELP University
- Malaysia’s leading private universities for Finance & Investment degree programmes are Asia Pacific University & UCSI University
- Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Finance & Economics degree courses are Taylor’s University and UCSI University
- An excellent university to study Investment and Risk Management, Forex and Investments and Financial Planning degree majors is Asia Pacific University
- Eminent universities for the Islamic Banking & Finance degree programmes are UCSI University and Asia Pacific University
- UCSI University is a Top ranked private university in Malaysia that uniquely offers the BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance degree programme.
What you will study in Banking, Finance & Investment degree courses in Malaysia
The modules which you may study vary between the number of courses in banking and related financial areas that are available.
It is advisable to check with the institutions themselves as to the nature of the courses they offer before submitting your application, and the list below will give you an idea of the areas that you may be able to study:
- Economics and economic theory
- Corporate financial management
- Organisational theory
- Principles of banking
- Commercial lending
- International lending
- Financial statement analysis
- Financial institutions
- Comparative banking
- Business law
- Financial intermediation
- Asset and liability management
- The Stock Market
- International financial markets
- Investment management
- Banking operations and risk analysis
- Financial services law
- Information technology for business
- Quantitative financial modelling
- Trade theory and policy
- Bank strategy and management
- Languages for business and the financial industry
- Business analysis
- Corporate treasury management
- Credit analysis
- Modern financial institutions and markets
- Modern banking systems and monetary theory and policy
- Finance theory and risk management in banking
Brief Description of Some of the Subjects that you will Study in Banking, Finance & Investment in Malaysia
Finance, Financial Markets and Institutions
Finance is a global industry that offers a broad and complex array of products and services. It provides a broad understanding of the institutions, markets, products and services that comprise the financial sector, including key interrelationships and interdependencies between them, in the context of the wider economy and the current issues that affect and shape them.
And you will get an overview of the current regulatory framework within which the markets and institutions operate, incorporating the issues of professional ethics and financial crime.
Derivatives and Risk
Derivatives create volatility and risk – this module examines how such risk manifests itself and some of the derivative instruments now available to firms to enable them to manage such risk. In this module you will examine key instruments such as futures, forwards swaps and options. You will examine how such instruments may be applied and how they transform risk within the financial system.
This module is designed to develop your understanding of investment appraisal and portfolio management theory and techniques through their application in managing a ‘paper portfolio’ of investments.
You will learn to make informed investment decisions by researching potential investment opportunities, carrying out transactions, tracking and managing your portfolio through the use of both internet sources and university software packages.
Credit and Market Risk
The banking and financial services industry operates in a risk structured environment. The business is about the management and transfer of risk. Interest Rate Liquidity and Operational Risk, takes students through risk in banking and financial services. It focuses on the specific areas of Credit and Market risk within the context of the relevant regulatory framework and draws on case study material provided by high profile institutional failures.
Interest Rate, Liquidity and Operational Risk
The field of investment management is continually evolving to embrace current market thinking, issues in behavioural finance
and market irrationality. This module considers the management of investment through asset pricing, portfolio construction and portfolio management. It also explores the assumptions of investor rationality, investor irrationality and their impact on investment decision-making.
Economics of Financial Markets
Economics of Financial Markets explores the connection between the financial system and the wider economy. This module emphasises how financial markets operate efficiently to transfer funds from savers to borrowers through the workings of the money and capital markets. The module also examines how asset prices are determined by the equilibrium of supply and demand in these markets.
Quantitative Methods develops basic mathematical and statistical methods such as calculus, probability, hypothesis testing and univariate regression used extensively in Finance and Economics.
Accounting Principles examines the basic concepts of financial accounting, and how these may be used to construct and interpret the financial statement for an organisation.
Asset Pricing introduces the relationship between risk and return in financial markets and the role of arbitrage in determining asset prices.
- How security prices evolve and are determined
- How prices are determined in equilibrium
- The ways rational agents attempting arbitrage can link prices in different markets
- How market makers in exchanges match buyers and sellers (market microstructure)
- How agents use financial information to trade and how this enters the pricing mechanisms
- The ways intermediaries (such as money managers and hedge funds) affect markets and prices
- Whether observed prices and investment decisions can be rationalised by models of optimising agents
Portfolio Choice explores the rationale for holding portfolios and the advantages this brings as a way of diversifying risk for private investors and large financial institutions, such as insurance companies.
Introduction to Econometrics uses statistical methods to investigate selected financial and economic issues such as asset pricing, savings function, and household labour supply.
Corporate Finance undertakes analysis of company financing of investment projects; corporate tax policy; financial decisions and real activity; and the interaction of shareholders, creditors and managers.
Options and Futures
Options and Futures examines the structure of derivative markets that form a key role in risk management and hedging. The
module examines the principles of options and futures pricing and investment strategies with options and futures.
Applied Financial Analysis
Applied Financial Analysis deepens your understanding of statistical techniques utilised in the investigation of financial problems and issues. The module considers techniques for studying time-series data and applies these to problems of ‘efficiency’ in domestic and international financial markets and to asset pricing.
How organisations make financial policies and decisions. This can involve capital structure, investments, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, security issuance, dividends and ownership structure
What organisations can do to benefit their shareholders
Financial Risk Management in Banking
This module aims to allow students to develop an understanding of the process of financial risk management in banking, including financial markets and instruments, derivatives, various bank risks and their management, financial crisis and securitization, regulations, and the effect of accounting standards. This module provides students the opportunity to develop risk modelling skills, analytical and numerical skills in banking risk management practice.
The module aims to provide students with; – an understanding of money , monetary standards and the monetary sector; – an understanding of the evolution of monetary and banking economic theory and the seminal controversies since Hume and Bagehot; – the ability to apply monetary theory to public policy in a domestic and international context; and – investigate emerging and current issues of monetary policy and banking; – analyse public policy and safety of the financial system; – develop specialist knowledge suitable for further development via postgraduate study or professional employment.
This module explores the mathematics that underlies financial processes and financial decision making, and complements the study of these areas in economics and accounting. Specific areas include probability, extending interest ideas to annuities and bonds, modelling financial data using time series models and Markov chains, applying discrete methods for option pricing, and using utility to make decisions in risky environments.
Who should study Finance and Investment?
Anyone can get a business degree or do accounting, but in order to be in a finance career you must be outgoing and inquisitive. Though you’ll need to be good at mathematics, you also must be good and talking with people and making friendly conversation on a variety of subjects.
Therefore education, intelligence, and personality are all taken into account for finance jobs. Additionally, you must be diplomatic and consider your organization’s or client’s goals, resources, and options when discussing their options for financial growth and well-being.
Why should you study Finance and Investment?
One great reason to become a finance major is because of it’s more narrow focus, but it still allows you to explore a field that is dense with job opportunities.
A finance degree allows you to work with the decision makers of outside organizations. Examples of these organizations include: banks, government agencies, stockholders, suppliers, businesses, and more.
Being able to distinguish yourself with a finance degree will help you when searching for jobs, especially from a large number of business majors.
As a finance degree is harder to attain, it’s guaranteed to set you apart.
What will you work as after you graduate with a degree in Finance and Investment?
When you complete an undergraduate degree, you might decide to follow one of these career pathways: academic, investment banker, merchant banker, corporate banker, merger and acquisition specialist, corporate finance specialist, treasury specialist, stockbroker, and financial analyst.
- Research Analyst
- Credit Card Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Securities Research Associate
- Bank Examiner
- Financial Analyst,
- Financial Planner
- Corporate management
- International financial management
- Investment services
- Financial planning services
- Personal financial planning for individuals and private organizations
- Brokerage firms
- Insurance companies
- Commercial and investment banks
- Credit unions and private banks
- financial managers
- bank and insurance managers
- multinational funds managers
- investment analysts
- financial researchers in stockbroking firms, banks and government departments
- corporate financial managers or treasurers
- security and derivatives traders
- portfolio managers for trust funds, superannuation funds and insurance companies
- investment analysts in stock exchange markets
- management consultants
- corporate advisors in merchant banks, public accounting firms, and management consulting firms.Finance and Investment graduates in Malaysia get high salaries
Finance and Investment Jobs in Malaysia
These job profiles are examples of graduate careers in the accountancy, banking and finance sector in Malaysia
- Corporate investment banker
- Financial adviser
- Financial trader
- Insurance broker
- Insurance claims handler
- Investment analyst
- Pensions consultant
- Retail banker
- Tax adviser
- Credit and Loan Officers
- Finance Managers
- Financial Brokers
- Financial Dealers
- Financial Investment Advisers and Managers
- Investment Advisers
- Loans Officers
- Mortgage Specialist
- Compliance Officer – Business Processes & Administration
- Marketing Manager and Deposit Marketing Manager
- Business Analyst, Channel Strategy
- Credit Evaluation (Mortgage)
- Derivatives Documentation
- Fund Manager
- Domestic Market Interest Rate Risk Portfolio Management
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Corporate Finance & Treasury Executive
- Accounting and Regulatory Reporting
- Mortgage Financial Sales Executive / Manager
- Manager, Process Improvement, Customer Experience
- Relationship Manager
- Personal Banker
- REINSURANCE UNDERWRITER
- Portfolio Manager
- KYC Checker
- Senior Credit Manager
- Manager, CCPL Policy
- Real Time Floor Management Analyst
- Credit Risk Approver
- Manager, Process & Business Infrastructure (Commercial Clients)
- Relationship Manager, Institutional & Private Clients
- Assistant Manager, Project and Investigation
- Manager, Recovery
- Head of Credit Policy & Portfolio Risk, Unsecured & Business Clients
- Segment Proposition & Channel Engagement Manager
- Registrar and Transfer Agency Operations
- CDD Compliance Officer
- Segment Proposition & Channel Engagement Manager
- Manager, International Banking
- Client Coverage – Financial Market Operation
- Share Investment Executives
- Anti Money Laundering Analyst
- Fund Accountant
- Manager, Consumer Collection – Auto Loan
- Global Operation Officer( Trade / Forex / Cash & Securities)
- Deputy Manager, Compliance (AML)
- Model Validation Specialist, Risk Assurance, Group Risk Enterprise, Group Risk
- Global Banking & Market Executive
- Credit Management Manager
- Senior Manager, Compliance Governance and Competencies
- Manager – Funds Operations
- Team Leader – Post Approval Credit Review, Group Internal Audit
- Treasury and Trade Finance and Head
Areas within a bank that Banking and Finance graduates can find work in are:
Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Product Development & Wealth Management
- Investment & Insurance Services
- Consumer Credit & Risk
- Sales Management
- Finance & Planning
- Data Analytics
- Channels & Customer Service
- Credit Cards
- Relationship Management
- Business Banking & Development – New Business and Account Acquisition
- Financial Reporting and Control
- Management Reporting
- Financial Compliance
- Treasury Finance and Operations
- Treasury and capital markets products and services
The Best Universities in Malaysia to Study Finance, Banking & Investment
Study the Business and Finance Master in Arts Degree Programme at the top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Business Management and Finance professionals work with executive and management teams to provide expert advice on the impacts and deployment of resources and processes throughout an organisation.
At the top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, you will learn how to apply business management and finance knowledge and skills to a range of different managerial, business and problem-solving situations, management decisions, compliance issues and governance.
The Business & Finance MA Degree Course At Heriot-Watt University Malaysia explores the interface between business and finance, in particular the management and business implications of financial decision-making. It is a specialist joint degree with equal emphasis given to the subject areas of business and finance.
The degree is particularly suited to students who wish to gain a firm grounding in business and management, but with an insight into the finance and financial operations of businesses and organisations.
Key topics covered include accounting, business policy, corporate finance, economics, management and marketing.
Accounting & Finance Degree Courses at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993, Asia Pacific University has more than 11000 students from 90 countries studying in its Malaysian campus.
This gives you an opportunity to build an international network while studying as well as gain invaluable cultural insights and communication skills. More than 95% of Asia Pacific University’s graduates are employed by graduation.
APU has achieved a Tier 5 ranking or Excellent in the SETARA 2011 and SETARA 2013 which is Malaysia’s ranking system for universities. Students at Asia Pacific University will receive a dual award upon graduation – one from APU and the other from Staffordshire University, UK
The university is strategically located in Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil. Asia
Pacific University will move to its new campus in 2016 which is also located inside Technology Park Malaysia. It is near condos and the Bukit Jalil LRT station. A free shuttle bus is provided for students to the LRT station and their accommodation which is about half the price compared to living in Subang.
After SPM, students can either go for the Foundation in Business or Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration before proceeding into the Degree programs.
Foundation is one year and then students will enter in the degree for 3 years. Should students go through the Diploma path, it will take 2 years and then they will enter into Year 2 of the related degree.
The Dual Degree Programmes are offered through a unique collaborative partnership between APU and Staffordshire University, United Kingdom, through which Staffordshire accredits undergraduate programmes that are designed and delivered by APU.
- Staffordshire University is ranked 40 by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for accounting & finance
- Staffordshire University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide University Subject Tables 2015 for accounting & finance is 21
As a testimony of that Asia Pacific University is one of the best universities in Malaysia, they and their students have won the following awards:
- Tier 5 ranking or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 and SETARA 2011 which is Malaysia’s ranking system for universities
- Their students have won the Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia) for 2010, 2011 & 2012 and have represented Malaysia in the Microsoft Imagine Cup (World) competition. For 2011, they won all the top 3 awards.
- Prime Minister Industry Excellence Award 2010
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2011 (Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia) – Champion of IPTS Debate Competition 2011
- Deloitte Inter-University Tax Competition 2011 – Merit Award
- World University Debates Championship 2010 – Runner-up in the Grand Final
- MSC-IHL Business Plan Competition (Institutions of Higher Learning Business Plan Competition by Multimedia Development Corporation)
- 2012 – Merit prize for Business Idea Category
- 2005 – Grand prize for Business Idea Category
- 2005 – Merit prize for Business Plan Category
APU’s School of Accounting, Finance and Quantitative Studies
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance with specialism in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance with specialism in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance with specialism in Forex & Investments
- BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons) with specialism in Financial Planning
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons) with specialism in Investment & Risk Management
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking & Finance (Hons)
Top University for UK Dual Award Bachelor of Business (Hons) Finance & Economics Course in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
Students interested in the Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Finance & Economics at Taylor’s University have the opportunity to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credentials which is recognised worldwide and is a requirement for graduates wishing to pursue employment in banks or as Financial Analysts, Fund Managers and Risk Managers.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to the Banking & Finance degree. Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from
programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the 3-year Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Finance & Economics degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements.
Students wanting a top rated business degree can go for the Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Finance & Economics UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University. Students will receive a degree from Taylor’s University as well as the top ranked University of the West of England, UK. These are just some of the reasons that Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the degree in Finance & Economics.
Award-Winning Top Business School at Taylor’s University
Taylor’s Business School students have continuously clinched awards in numerous local and international competitions, demonstrating their ability to apply classroom theories into practice, and excel in real-world scenarios. These competitions provide opportunities for Taylor’s students to test their knowledge and skills in competitive settings and benchmark their solutions against their peers. They also provide an avenue for students to network with peers, experts and industry leaders.
Taylor’s Business students have won the prestigious HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge 6 consecutive times as Champions and twice as Regional Champions.
- 2015 National Champion, Unilever Future Leader’s League
- 2014 International Champion L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2014 National Champion HSBC Business Case Challenge
- 2014 2nd Runner-up L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2013 National Champion Deloitte Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy
- 2013 National Champion Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader Marketing Plan Competition
- 2013 2nd Runner-up Pertandingan Kuiz Pelaburan PNB
- 2013 2nd Runner-up Inter-Varsity Accounting Quiz
- 2012 Regional and National Champions HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2012 National Champion L’Oreal Brandstorm
- 2012 2nd Runner-up CIMB ASEAN Youth Stock Challenge
- 2011 Champion Inter-varsity Accounting Quiz
- 2011 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2010 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2009 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2009 Champion CIMA Global Challenge
- 2008 1st Runner-up – Best Presenter Asia Best Young Speaker of Business English Competition
- 2006 National Champion HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
- 2005 Regional and National Champions HSBC Young Entrepreneur Challenge
Accounting & Finance UK Dual Degree awarded by Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Finance & Economics
Study Accounting Degree Courses at the Top Ranked Curtin University Sarawak
regulatory and compliance changes in accounting standards itself. It is the single one profession which seems to steadily be in demand for years in the past and many to come.
Young accountants today are anything but typical, they are spreading their wings wide and far heading for the unknown realms of overseas market for international experience.
It is no longer about having a job but a life style which comes with it. Curtin Sarawak accounting qualification is able to provide them with such possibilities.
Curtin Sarawak’s program not only concentrates on the core knowledge but is designed to build a better you. It seeks to build your character, communication and other skills required to face future employment challenges that may come your way.
Curtin Sarawak is one of the few Universities in Malaysia that offers a variety of double major options which includes Accounting & Banking, Accounting & Finance, and Accounting & Entrepreneurship.
These double majors cover a variety of area which prepares Curtin Sarawak graduates to explore many rewarding and worthwhile career options upon their graduation. The units offered in these various majors are highly innovative and relevant for the modern and ever changing profession.
Recognition of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) Degree Programme at Curtin University Sarawak
Importantly,Curtin Sarawak Accounting programmes are recognized by the various professional accounting bodies
worldwide including CPA, MIA and ACCA to name a few.
Accounting programmes offered at Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) are now recognised by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA).
This is in recognition of the programmes’ quality and curriculum and the fact that they meet international standards as well as industry needs.
Furthermore, the programmes are deemed to be guided by a well-defined mission, meet the overall objectives of accounting education, and possess the faculty, leadership and resources necessary to maintain quality in the foreseeable future.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Entrepreneurship) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Marketing) programmes at Curtin Sarawak are now eligible to sit MIA’s Qualifying Examinations and, on completion, will qualify as Chartered Accountants (Malaysia).
Through its Qualifying Examination, MIA provides an avenue for membership admission for those who do not currently possess a qualification recognised under Part I and Part II of the First Schedule to the Malaysian Accountants Act 1967.
Therefore, those who possess a qualification relating to accounting, business and finance recognised by the Public Services
Department (JPA) or other qualifications approved by the MIA Council are eligible to sit for the examination.
All of Curtin Sarawak’s programmes are recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Public Services Department (JPA), and accreditation of its accounting programmes by CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants in
Australia (ICAA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK (ACCA) and the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA).
Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Entrepreneurship) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Marketing) programmes are eligible to sit the QE and, on completion, apply to become Chartered Accountants (Malaysia), after obtaining the prerequisite 3 years of practical experience.
Through the QE, the MIA provides an avenue for membership admission for those who do not possess a qualification recognised under Part I and Part II of the First Schedule to the Malaysian Accountants Act 1967.
Therefore, those who possess a qualification relating to accounting, business and finance recognised by the Public Services Department (JPA) or other qualifications approved by the MIA Council are eligible to sit for the examination.
Accounting and Finance Programmes Offered at Curtin University Sarawak
- Accounting and Banking
- Accounting and Entrepreneurship
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Finance and Management
- Finance and Marketing
UCSI University’s Accounting & Finance Degree Courses
Situated on a 19-acre piece of land, UCSI University is located in Cheras, Kuala
Lumpur with convenient access to numerous facilities including banks, restaurants, transportation services, entertainment, and accommodation.
UCSI University achieved Tier 5 Ranking or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 and is also ranked Top 5 in Malaysia for employability of her graduates.
Fully wireless, UCSI University is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology to access the world of e-learning and e-resources.
Housing 7 different blocks, the Campus includes the Student Centre (Menara Gading), the Resource Centre, the Academic Blocks and Residential Halls to comfortably accommodate a student population of more than 15,000.
Sports facilities in this Campus include: basketball, badminton and squash
courts, as well as a gymnasium, a football field, and a swimming pool. Other facilities include the four-level library, an auditorium, a recital hall, a multi-purpose hall, computer laboratories, residential halls, bookstores and cafeterias.
Also available on Campus is an Apple Experience Centre.
With at least 5 credits in SPM, students will enter into the Foundation in Arts for 1 year and then into the degree programme for 3 years.
Students with 3 credits can enter into the Diploma in Management for 2 years and then into the related degree programme.
Students in Sarawak can join the Foundation in Arts at UCSI University’s Kuching campus for 1 year before transferring to the Kuala Lumpur campus.
Co-Op Programme or Internship at UCSI University for Accounting Students
The Co-Operative Education Programme at UCSI University formally integrate classroom learning with workplace training at co-operative employer organisations.
As part of their degree requirements, students enrolled in UCSI University programmes are required to complete a Co-Operative module comprising two months work experience for each year of their degree programme; beginning in Year One right through to the Final Year.
Each Co-Operative module is accredited with three credits and students are graded based on a written assignment and employers’ evaluation upon completion of each Co-Operative module.
There are more than 1000 companies partnered with UCSI University for the Co-Op programme for students to choose from.
Accounting and Finance Degree Programmes Offered at UCSI University
- BA (Hons) Accounting
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Financial Economics (Hons)
- BBA (Hons) Islamic Banking & Finance
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Finance & Investment
- BA (Hons) Business Administration
- BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science
BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance awarded by University of Derby, UK at HELP Academy or HELP University
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians, HELP University
has developed into the leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organisations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
The University of Derby 3+0 degree programs are offered in-partnership with the Department of Management (DOM) of HELP Academy (part of the HELP’s Group of educational institutions).
HELP Academy has over 28 years’ experience teaching UK twinning programs in accounting, economic and management related fields and graduated over two thousands students.
When you enroll in a UoD programme, you take the first step on a path of professional development and personal fulfilment.
You will experience academic excellence at the first hand, from interfacing with our team of highly qualified and experienced lecturers whose reputation for teaching to high standards has been recognized by top partner universities, to studying a programme that has been widely endorsed by professional, business and industrial sectors.
At HELP Academy, you will also experience a wide range of activities and programmes aimed at developing personality, and communication, leadership and organizational skills. HELP offers a cosmopolitan, modern and multicultural environment that provides limitless opportunities for developing good character and a wholesome personality as a basis for building a successful career and a life of fulfilment.
- 3+0 BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance in Malaysia awarded by University of Derby, UK
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting & Finance) University of London International Programmes
Accounting & Finance Degree Course at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, KDU College has continued to be an innovative leader in
Malaysia through its SMART initiatives. KDU University College prides itself with its impressive alumni of more than 46,000 graduates.
KDU University College is a subsidiary of Paramount Corporation Berhad Group, a public listed company with a strong property arm consisting of Property Development, Property Investment and Property Construction.
KDU University College has 2 campuses, the new state-of-the-art campus at Ultropolis Glenmarie and the other at Damansara Jaya. For the convenience of students, a free shuttle van service is provided for students.
Bus transport is also provided for KDU hostelites to Damansara Jaya campus. The new campus will have its own on campus housing.
Internships at KDU University College
Internships that are designed for you to gain important skills and possibly secure future jobs. Students of the undergraduate program are required to undergo internship for a period of time, usually a semester.
Besides gaining real-life work experience, undergraduates have the opportunity to improve their communication skills, gain more confidence and enhance their employability.
Accounting & Finance Degree Courses Offered at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Foundation Studies (Art & Technology)
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons)
- BA (Hons) Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) Major in Economics, Marketing, Logistics, Human Resource Management & Finance
Accounting & Finance degree programmes at HELP University
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians, HELP University has developed into the leading institution of higher learning in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organisations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
HELP University has moved to a new conducive campus, also located at Pusat Bandar Damansara.
Business Commerce and Finance Courses at HELP University
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Business(International Business)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)(Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Management (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
- Credit Transfer to the University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management (2 + 1)*
- Specialization • Marketing • International Business • Human Resources
- Bachelor of Commerce (2 + 1)*
- Specialization • Accounting • Finance • Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons) (1½ + 1½)*
- International Trade and Finance
- Bachelor of Business Management (2 + 1)*
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Categories: 3+0 Degree, Accounting & Finance, APU, Asia Pacific University, Best University, Best university in sarawak, Business, Career Choices, Choosing the right course, Choosing the right university, Curtin University Sarawak, Finance, HELP University, Job Outlook, KBU International College, KDU College, KDU University College, Nilai University, Study in Malaysia, Top Universities, UCSI University