Study Marketing Communications or Marcomm at HELP University in Malaysia
Marketing communications are messages and related media used to communicate with a market. Marketing communications is the “promotion” part of the “marketing mix” or the “four Ps”: price, place, promotion, and product.
Marketing Communications is strategy used by a company or individual to reach their target market to promote their brand or product to generate sales using various types of communication tools and techniques.
Marketing communication (MarCom) is a fundamental and complex part of a company’s marketing efforts. Loosely defined, MarCom can be described as all the messages and media you deploy to communicate with the market. This includes advertising, direct marketing, branding, packaging, your online presence, printed materials, PR activities, sales presentations, sponsorships, trade show appearances and more.
Students after SPM, UEC, IGCSE/O-Levels, A-Levels or STPM should choose the best university in Malaysia to study the degree in Marketing Communications. Students will get top notch quality education at HELP University supported by great facilities for their communication programmes. Scholarships are offered to deserving students by HELP University. Students interested to join HELP University should register as soon as possible because the hostel runs out quickly.
Do you have any questions for us on this article? Or need advise on choosing the right course and private university? If so, then please fill up the Enquiry Form below. Our team of experts will help you solve your queries at the earliest via WhatsApp.
Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (Hons) Course at HELP University
The Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (Hons) course at HELP University takes you beyond the traditional advertising major, as the curriculum incorporates business, marketing and management perspectives into advertising.
It includes promotions, brand management, product launches and merchandising, among others.
Marketing communication specialists today are an integral part of any marketing team.
They communicate information to current and prospective customers about products or services that are currently available in the market, as well as execute launching of new brands or rebranding through the various media.
Jan, May, Aug, Oct
Entry requirements into the Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (Hons) course at HELP University
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- HELP Foundation in Arts / Foundation in Science
- STPM At least 2 C’s
- A-Level At least 2 passes
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC) At Least 5 B’s (including English)
- CPU 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- AUSMAT/SAM/TEE Examination At least 5 passes with a university aggregate of 50%
- International Baccalaureate At least 24 points
- Matriculation/Foundation At least CGPA of 2.00
- Diploma At least CPA 2.00
- Equivalent qualification
Education Pathway into the Bachelor of Communication (Marketing Communication) (Hons) course at HELP University
There are 2 pathways into the Communication degree programme at HELP University for students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels.
Students who have obtained at least 5 credits in SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels including English may enter the Foundation in Arts or Foundation in Science for 1 year. After completing the Foundation, you can then enter into the degree programme to study for another 3 years.
Alternatively, students with at least 3 credits including English who prefer a more practical programme may enter into the Diploma in Communication for 2 years. When you complete the course, you can then enter into Year 2 of the Communication degree programme at HELP University.
Clubs and societies at the School of Communication
- BCom Voice Student Council
- Radio Club
- Institute of Public Relations Malaysia Student Association (IPRMSA)
- Creative Production Society
- And over 40 other sports, hobbies and special interest clubs and societies at HELP University.
State-of-the-Art studios in the School of Communication at HELP University
- The School is equipped with professional and industrial standard film and broadcast studios and equipment to
enable students to make films, TV commercials and corporate videos. Hands-on work with these facilities prepares them for professional work anywhere.
- Panasonic AVCHD cameras
- iMac editing suites with Final Cut Pro software
- Dolly tripods and steady tripods
- Tungsten spotlights and fluorescent lights for 3-point lighting
- Boom mics
- Wireless mics with receiver and transmitter
- Digital HD video cassette recorder
- Canon EOS 60D DSLR cameras with full HD filming capability
- clip image002 0023
- The UniTunes@HELP broadcast station delivers programs via live streaming on the HELP website. Students can engage in live talk shows as hosts, or as DJs on music programs, or as music performers.
Year 1 Subjects for the Degree in Marketing Communications at HELP University
10 Common Core Subjects
- MCH1014 Mass Communication
- MCH1024 Public Speaking
- MCH1034 Business Communication
- MCH1044 Multimedia Design
- MCH1054 Writing Mass Media
- MCH1064 Journalism
- MCH1074 Human Communication
- MCH1084 Entrepreneurship
- MCH1094 English for Academic Purposes
- MCH1004 Marketing Communication
MPU 1 (Compulsory)
- MPU3183 Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (Local Students)
- MPU3193 Falsafah dan Isu Semasa (Local Students)
- MPU3193 Falsafah dan Isu Semasa (International Students)
- MPU3143 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International Students)
Year 2 Subjects for the Degree in Marketing Communications at HELP University
6 Core Subjects
- MCH2014 Communication Theories
- MCH2024 Communication Law & Ethics
- MCH2034 Intercultural Communication
- MCH2114 Advertising
- MCH2124 Consumer Behaviour
- MCH2074 Social Research Methods
- MCH2204 Information Technology, Mass Media & Society
- MCH2304 Communication in the Workplace
MPU2/MPU3 (Choose One)
- MPU3213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A*
- A*Gen Careers in Malaysia and Beyond
*Compulsory for local student who did not have credit in BM SPM
Year 3 Subjects for the Degree in Marketing Communications at HELP University
6 Core Subjects
- MCH3016 Dissertation
- MCH3034 Media Planning
- MCH3104 Advertising Copywriting
- MCH3054 Social Media and Mobile Marketing
- MCH3124 Advertising Campaign
- MCH3078 Industrial Training
- MCH3114 Creative Advertising Strategies
- GEN3513 Communication and Leadership Skills (Depending on subject availability)
MPU 4 (Choose One)
- Co-Curriculum – Sports 2
- MPU3432 Co-curriculum – Event Management 2